Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

MK78

Modder
Dec 23, 2017
which folder would we place it in?
thought the post only applied to mods being added to the base game, not the modded one. so same shit applies to any other mods whether the game is modded or not?
Yes! thats why i write the instructions to every post when i upload something and instructions are needed! I want to make it as easy as possible for every one to use!

Azie

May 27, 2018
Maybe i will make a new one with my updated files when im trough with everything from Mystique, got no news from Shanks or Olive what they are up to at the moment, so i can not say when a new verison of the mod is coming!
Understood. Thanks for all the hard work you guys have put in!

Kylar Stern

Jul 29, 2017
I
Hi there,

This is my first time posting, but I've been a lurker for a while. I've been following this mod, and I like a lot of the things that are going on here. People were asking for some diversity in the characters, and I wanted to take a crack at creating some images. I created some basic artwork for a Storm sprite, and I wanted to gauge what interest there might be in the character. This is my first time really doing any kind of artwork like this, so I'm learning as I go. That being said, I know some of the lines on the legs are a little bit weird looking now, and I plan to go in and revise them later.

Also, I didn't want to go stepping on anyone's toes, so please let me know what you think.
I like the full outfit of storm, it looks superb! but when she naked she looks a bit unproportional and her nipples look awkward.... otherwise continue doing the lords work!

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
unsure if this means anything, game did run anyways after trying to open it again. This is for version 979e with the mod. I have yet to actually play beyond starting a new game since it's a new version so unsure if anything works.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred. and yes, I do keep my "Mods" folder on my desktop. Got tired of it being in my downloads. That and the folder used to be named "New Shit" till a year passed and it was filled with old completed games/games that I update.

Update: get an error when the whole bodage thing pops up when having missionary sex with Rogue

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'C:\\Users\\gotta put something here\\Desktop\\Mods\\Rogue-Like-0.979e-win/game/Kitty_Scenes.rpy', 1533231398, 41332) is defined twice, at Kitty_Scenes.rpyc:4 and game/Kitty_Scenes.rpy:4.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\not your business\Desktop\Mods\Rogue-Like-0.979e-win\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 305, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "C:\Users\Something here\Desktop\Mods\Rogue-Like-0.979e-win\renpy\main.py", line 365, in main
    renpy.game.script.load_script()  # sets renpy.game.script.
  File "C:\Users\insert joke here\Desktop\Mods\Rogue-Like-0.979e-win\renpy\script.py", line 265, in load_script
    self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
  File "C:\Users\You might be reading this wrong\Desktop\Mods\Rogue-Like-0.979e-win\renpy\script.py", line 756, in load_appropriate_file
    self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
  File "C:\Users\A bird\Desktop\Mods\Rogue-Like-0.979e-win\renpy\script.py", line 422, in finish_load
    bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'C:\\Users\\I'm behind you\\Desktop\\Mods\\Rogue-Like-0.979e-win/game/Kitty_Scenes.rpy', 1533231398, 41332) is defined twice, at Kitty_Scenes.rpyc:4 and game/Kitty_Scenes.rpy:4.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
shit works, only hiccup I ran into was with bondage missionary with Rogue and I just hit ignore (as I usually do) and it worked fine after that.

Orzammar

Nov 21, 2017

Another file ready!

Put it in the game folder inside your Rogue-Like folder!
I suggest to back up your original file and you have to use the latest build of the Expansion Mod!

Attention!

I highly advise you backup the Original of this on before using it, i changed something in the script for Mystiques Plan MU! The original was still referring to Plan Psi from Emma! Now i think plan MU should work but maybe i broke everything up! Usually i test my Files before i upload but i have no time today. So please back up before using!
The last few pages of this thread has quite a few of these files. Are the already in the 15-07 version of the mod or do I have to download them all separately?

MK78

Modder
Dec 23, 2017
The last few pages of this thread has quite a few of these files. Are the already in the 15-07 version of the mod or do I have to download them all separately?
No they are not in 15-07, i usually work on the files after a new mod version drops, that is the best way so if there are new scenes with new dialogue i can change them. I also plan to release a new 15-07 complete pack with my updated files within the nex few days, Sunday at latest!

Orzammar

Nov 21, 2017
No they are not in 15-07, i usually work on the files after a new mod version drops, that is the best way so if there are new scenes with new dialogue i can change them. I also plan to release a new 15-07 complete pack with my updated files within the nex few days, Sunday at latest!
Cool, I'll check on Sunday. Thanks!

harakiru

May 7, 2018
Hey guys i just wanna say a couple of things:
You might remember me as the guy who tried to correctly compress all assets in the game to make it run better from the last thread. First i have to inform you guys that compressing the images that were included in the game didnt help with the performance at all, it basically had no benefit to it except for decrasing the game size about tenfold. However i did find the cause of the performance problem after a bit of profiling and debugging and it seems that the problem is much bigger than i thought. For context: Renpy usually preloads images that will be shown on the screen before they are actually show in order to prevent these images to load the second they are called by the script and cause lag. The Renpy website has a indepth documentation which explains how to handle and manipulate images in game to ensure this feature of the engine gets used and the game runs smoothly as a result. So as some of you might know since this game is depends on gameplay mechanics such as being able to chose what the characters are wearing, and the ability to interact with different characters on demand in an unlinear fashion, textures such as clothing, facial expressions, and other stuff is called into the screen rather often.

Now if the game had been using the techniques i mentioned above then there would be nothing to worry, however for some reason Oni decided he would rather write his own solution to this problem and came up with a couple of much used scripts that composes the characters appaerance by stacking several images on top of each other by brute force. Now to give him some credit when you have different combinations of textures that all reflect a different option in the game such as skin color, hair color, underwear, expression, skirt, top, etc. composing the final becomes a bit tricky since most renpy games are just linear visual novels that has only a couple of textures per character at most. However Rogue Like isnt the only game that tries to do such things within the constraints of the Renpy engine and there are frameworks and guides on the web that does the same job while also makes use of the preloading feature thus running smoothly.

You see if a script draws images on the screen using the techniques used on this page , then it all works out. However if you write python code to accomplish this instead of utilizing the tools provided by the renpy engine then the game loads the texture at the first frame when the corresponding button is pressed in the game. Now if you try to go to rogues room most of you will recognize a stutter when she is first seen, this is due to the scripts that oni has written which causes the game load all 20-30 textures that make up Rogue all at once at the same frame. Unless you are running the game on some extremely fast M.2 ssd or changed the options within the game to load all of the assets which make up the game to RAM, you will experience this kind of stutters whenever you enter a new "scene" with characters in it. I've tried looking at function which composes Rogue thinking that maybe i could improve it but unfortunately its just 5000 lines of "if" "else" statements that all ends with an image that has about 20 textures stacked on top of each other. Due to this fact unless we spend some time rewriting scripts that makes up the "core" of the game the game will keep stuttering even on the most beefy hardware.

Also now that i have some free time i will experiment with compressing the entire game in different settings and have renpy load all assets to RAM at startup to see if it could work. Another thing i want to say is that, even though i disagree that we should spend our effort adding yet another character instead of improving the existing ones, if you are adding a character into the game please check out the proper way to do it on the web and make sure you wont bloat an already horribly coded game.

Fiasco

Jun 2, 2017
I grabbed some assets from witch trainer to see if I could mix and match a bit for some custom clothing options. It works for the most part but they're super low res and you'd still need to draw in the clothing for various poses so almost completely worthless, I do love the idea of a lace choker though. That should be easy enough to draw up later if no one else decides to do it.

MK78

Modder
Dec 23, 2017
Rogue-Like 978e modded with 15-07,Hotfix & New Textfiles

As always, this is the complete package, just unpack & enjoy!

Attention!
I had a test run and it worked so far, but still keep in mind that this still far from finished, so there will be bugs! I did not fix any bugs that where mentioned before because i am not a coder. If there should be any sort of problems with my new texts you can use the old 15-07-Hotfix version and you won't miss any feature! My Files only change some Dialogue's and some Typo's i found.

As always if you have suggestions, find Typo's or what else let me now! Have fun guys & gals!

Thrugar

Nov 14, 2017
Hey guys i just wanna say a couple of things:
You might remember me as the guy who tried to correctly compress all assets in the game to make it run better from the last thread. First i have to inform you guys that compressing the images that were included in the game didnt help with the performance at all, it basically had no benefit to it except for decrasing the game size about tenfold. However i did find the cause of the performance problem after a bit of profiling and debugging and it seems that the problem is much bigger than i thought. For context: Renpy usually preloads images that will be shown on the screen before they are actually show in order to prevent these images to load the second they are called by the script and cause lag. The Renpy website has a indepth documentation which explains how to handle and manipulate images in game to ensure this feature of the engine gets used and the game runs smoothly as a result. So as some of you might know since this game is depends on gameplay mechanics such as being able to chose what the characters are wearing, and the ability to interact with different characters on demand in an unlinear fashion, textures such as clothing, facial expressions, and other stuff is called into the screen rather often.

Now if the game had been using the techniques i mentioned above then there would be nothing to worry, however for some reason Oni decided he would rather write his own solution to this problem and came up with a couple of much used scripts that composes the characters appaerance by stacking several images on top of each other by brute force. Now to give him some credit when you have different combinations of textures that all reflect a different option in the game such as skin color, hair color, underwear, expression, skirt, top, etc. composing the final becomes a bit tricky since most renpy games are just linear visual novels that has only a couple of textures per character at most. However Rogue Like isnt the only game that tries to do such things within the constraints of the Renpy engine and there are frameworks and guides on the web that does the same job while also makes use of the preloading feature thus running smoothly.

You see if a script draws images on the screen using the techniques used on this page , then it all works out. However if you write python code to accomplish this instead of utilizing the tools provided by the renpy engine then the game loads the texture at the first frame when the corresponding button is pressed in the game. Now if you try to go to rogues room most of you will recognize a stutter when she is first seen, this is due to the scripts that oni has written which causes the game load all 20-30 textures that make up Rogue all at once at the same frame. Unless you are running the game on some extremely fast M.2 ssd or changed the options within the game to load all of the assets which make up the game to RAM, you will experience this kind of stutters whenever you enter a new "scene" with characters in it. I've tried looking at function which composes Rogue thinking that maybe i could improve it but unfortunately its just 5000 lines of "if" "else" statements that all ends with an image that has about 20 textures stacked on top of each other. Due to this fact unless we spend some time rewriting scripts that makes up the "core" of the game the game will keep stuttering even on the most beefy hardware.

Also now that i have some free time i will experiment with compressing the entire game in different settings and have renpy load all assets to RAM at startup to see if it could work. Another thing i want to say is that, even though i disagree that we should spend our effort adding yet another character instead of improving the existing ones, if you are adding a character into the game please check out the proper way to do it on the web and make sure you wont bloat an already horribly coded game.
Thank you for trying to make this a better game we all appreciate it!

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes