afedvfe

Oct 8, 2020
This won't work, it changes the hash of the apk; and if the hash doesn't match the signature, android won't install it.
I miss the ol' days of Android Froyo and Gingerbread where one could change the resources of even system apk's with 7zip and the like and the phone would be just ok

Morkar

Aug 9, 2016
Good teaser

although perhaps the face is too old to be X23

perhaps less pronounced features and a more rounded face would improve even more

Buttholder

Feb 25, 2022
Ron ChonToday
a little teaser of the art we're cooking up for Project [Redacted]

View attachment 1945256 View attachment 1945257
I'm torn. On the one hand, yeah, I like it, the pose is a good take on the art from the game, the face is great, makes me think of American McGee's Alice, which is a huuuuuge bonus for me (and a suggestion for the game itself, if I may, she needs a cosplay outfit to make her look like the character from the game). If someone posted this in a rec thread, I'd check it out, absolutely. On the other hand though, it still doesn't feel right. The expression doesn't look cocky enough, it's less 'oh, you think you can wear me out? I'd like to see you try, really,' and more 'yeah, I mean, I've got nothing going on after class, so if you wanna hang out for a bit, that'd be cool, I guess'. She's smirking, but it's more like a 'remembering the Gallon of PCP skit from Whitest Kids U Know' kinda thing, remembering a bad joke you heard once. Laura's got an edge to her, something Oni's able to capture surprisingly well. Both of these feel like they've had the rough edges sanded off completely. I don't see that girl openly masturbating at my room door before smearing her juices on my face. I'd like to, don't get me wrong, but I just don't buy it.

As for the body, yeah, I know that that's how someone with an athletic body would look in real life if they posed like that, pudge and all, but this isn't real life, you can get away with rock hard abs all the time in a game like this. The body as a whole needs more definition, it feels flat so far, reminds me of a few other games I've seen with that kind of style. It reminds me of Taffy Tales, more than anything, and that's not a good thing. i think the biggest problem is that Oni has a very comic booky style which works perfectly for a game based on the X-Men. His Rogue is a 1:1 copy of the one from the show, his Jubilee is instantly recognisable, his Jean Grey is also in the game. The art here is excellent, let there be no doubt of that, but i dunno if it works. Especially if you're planning on animating any of it, I can see it having that weird effect you get when people try animating static images and everything looks stretched and weird.

And seconding or thirding or whatever the nail polish. Laura without black nails is like the Girl With The Pearl Earring wearing gold hoops or whatever. It's just wrong, damnit!

4.40 star(s) 148 Votes