sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Decided to go nuts and looked up
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Basically all of them lean toward "normal approaching thin" aside from underweight Kitty, adamantium-weighted Laura (that's still within "normal"!), and CLASSIFIED Gwenpool.
BTW:

Laura's height was initially given as 5'6" in . In 2010's it was changed to 5'1", and it has remained so as recently as 2023's trading card variant cover. Marvel.com and DK's Marvel Encyclopedias (including the 2019 New Edition) still use the 5'6" measurement.

Laura's weight has been stated to be 110 lbs in every Marvel Official Handbook, but Marvel.com and DK's Marvel Encyclopedias (including the 2019 New Edition) give Laura's weight as 147 lbs. 2023's trading card variant cover gives her weight as 130 lbs.
So she *started* out as 5'6" but recently changed TO 5'1". Which makes more sense as a height for her. Like, how can a female clone of Wolverine be TALLER than Wolverine?

But Laura's within normal weight? How does that work? Wolverine went from 195 lbs to 300 lbs! A BMI (height of 5'3") of 34.5 to 53.1!
(for those wondering: )
BMI Categories:
Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
Overweight = 25–29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater
Wolverine went from obesity to EXTREME obesity! It doesn't make sense that Laura is just normal. So, Laura, 2 inches shorter than Wolverine, WITH a body full of adamantium weights LESS than Wolverine WITHOUT adamantium. WTF?

Comics man...

Reactions: SpikyHair

VenomusPL

Jul 1, 2019
Yeah, that's the problem with kotobukiya stuff. They tend to do limited runs of things so it's more expensive. But also, yeah figurine collecting is an expensive hobby. There are some people that do that here in Taiwan and I can't get over how much money they spend. Like, I've collected a lot of gundam and even I'm like damn~~~ To each their own and all but like, some of these are like 1/4 or more of the rent in Taipei.

But to continue the theme:
View attachment 3392476
Thought this looked good. From the bishoujo series:

Found it!:

Yep, that Jubilee is from their marvel bishoujo series.

Here's the full catalog if anyone's interested:

A little off tangent but Magik looks pretty good too:
View attachment 3392486
From their X-Men ArtFX+ line.

Not even as a "that looks hot" stance (well, not just from that. Those boots...). That's just a good looking design.
Wonder if they ever make an Evo Rogue and Kitty someday...
This version of Rogue is maybe the best of the kotobukiya line yet...

The Al

Dec 22, 2017
BTW:

So she *started* out as 5'6" but recently changed TO 5'1". Which makes more sense as a height for her. Like, how can a female clone of Wolverine be TALLER than Wolverine?

But Laura's within normal weight? How does that work? Wolverine went from 195 lbs to 300 lbs! A BMI (height of 5'3") of 34.5 to 53.1!
(for those wondering: )

Wolverine went from obesity to EXTREME obesity! It doesn't make sense that Laura is just normal. So, Laura, 2 inches shorter than Wolverine, WITH a body full of adamantium weights LESS than Wolverine WITHOUT adamantium. WTF?

Comics man...
Laura doesn't have a full adamantium skeleton- only her claws are coated in it

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Wonder if they ever make an Evo Rogue and Kitty someday...
This version of Rogue is maybe the best of the kotobukiya line yet...
That's a good question. I have no idea how Kotobukiya picks what they do. One can only hope, right? I mean they did an X-Force version of Laura.
c70fc9e727fff89d997a94898aa1a84339f1d145.jpg

(that's somehow 4000~ yen cheaper than the original version? For those in the US, that's around 40 USD.)
So one can only hope.

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
Comics man...
Thanks for the correction, I'll admit I wasn't exactly paying as much attention digging for that as I should have. My bad.

The thing to keep in mind with BMI is that it's only a guideline. Big-boned people, or anyone doing activities that result in continuous microfractures (healing of which results in denser and more resilient bone structure), will get skewed reading in regards to the actual fat content in their bodies.

Wolverine absolutely should be pushing BMI out of the ballpark even ignoring the weight of his full-metal-jac- er, skeleton. Dude got banged around enough most of his bones would be much heavier than a normal person's. That "denser and stronger" healing of bones is accumulative.
Seriously? So her bones can break?
Yeah, but her regeneration is not suppressed by the toxicity of adamantium the way Wolverine's is (his body is basically constantly recovering from otherwise deadly level of toxins). So even if she breaks anything, it's pretty much insta-healed.

More or less, writer's take on it vary from what I've seen.

VenomusPL

Jul 1, 2019
That's a good question. I have no idea how Kotobukiya picks what they do. One can only hope, right? I mean they did an X-Force version of Laura.
View attachment 3392589

(that's somehow 4000~ yen cheaper than the original version? For those in the US, that's around 40 USD.)
So one can only hope.
Yeah but thats just a recolor. Cheapeer caouse grey is probably cheaper than blue/yellow

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Thanks for the correction, I'll admit I wasn't exactly paying as much attention digging for that as I should have. My bad.
No worries, man. It happens.

The thing to keep in mind with BMI is that it's only a guideline.
You're preaching to the choir here. I'm 6'4" and 230 pounds. I'm almost the same height and weight as the Punisher. But there's no way in hell, I can be this tall and get his muscle mass and still be 230. Like, a lot of tall people have a problem with BMI. It's almost like when they made it, they forgot that as height (a single dimension scale), volume increases exponentially (volume is measured in 3 dimensions). Like Shaq is considered obese with a BMI of 31.7. With that said, I'm not big-boned either. When I had a completely average middle BMI, at 180 pounds, I was rail thin to the point where people were worried for my health. (Yay... starving college student days...) From what I can tell, I've always, all my life, just had dense muscles. When I was at my best physical shape, I was 200 lbs. But, given being this tall, I can fluctuate anywhere from 5~10 lbs in a day. And, at 210, I would be considered overweight.

Big-boned people, or anyone doing activities that result in continuous microfractures (healing of which results in denser and more resilient bone structure), will get skewed reading in regards to the actual fat content in their bodies. Wolverine absolutely should be pushing BMI out of the ballpark even ignoring the weight of his full-metal-jac- er, skeleton. Dude got banged around enough most of his bones would be much heavier than a normal person's.
Should he though? This 198 lbs was BEFORE he was weapon X. Which should before Alpha-Flight if my memory serves. Which should be (correct me if I'm wrong, I stopped reading comics around 1999) before Wolverine was getting into scrapes after scrapes. My theory is simpler. The dude's jacked. Truth be told, most Marvel male characters that are muscular are considered overweight or obese via BMI. Captain America, Punisher, like Thor (as Thor) is 6'6" and 640 lbs. Wonder man is 6'2" and 380 lbs. Cable is 6'8" and 350 lbs (BMI of 38.4. No idea if the metal arm adds to that considering Wonder man is shorter and weighs more.). Mister Sinister is 6'5" and 285 lbs. Bishop is 6'6" and 275 lbs (BMI of 31.8). Like, pick a jacked male Marvel character. Chances are, he weighs a ton. Pick an "agile" character (Spider man, Gambit, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, etc.), not so much. I think it was/is a rule in comics that if you have big muscles (especially if you carry a big gun), you weigh a lot. And, again, Wolverine, the dude's jacked.

And, truth be told, I don't need any rationale or justification of Wolverine's weight. Like 1) it's comics. 2) BMI's never been that great of a guideline anyways. It's a government deemed number whose range changes from country to country. Like everyone, short of Jubilee and Kitty, would be considered close to being overweight by Hong Kong's BMI scale. (Especially Psylocke. Like, you would think the ninja would have a lower BMI than someone with the title of "white queen". One trained in martial arts for ages and the other was literally pampered while using her psychic powers.) Basically, the dude's Wolverine. 'Nuff said.

Yeah, but her regeneration is not suppressed by the toxicity of adamantium the way Wolverine's is (his body is basically constantly recovering from otherwise deadly level of toxins). So even if she breaks anything, it's pretty much insta-healed.

More or less, writer's take on it vary from what I've seen.
At least this means she won't sink in water like Wolverine.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Yeah but thats just a recolor. Cheapeer caouse grey is probably cheaper than blue/yellow
Probably, but not by 40 USD. Let me put that in perspective, 40 USD is 20% of the price of the original figurine. I'm more wiling to chalk it up to it's Kotobukiya. Their prices, as is their selection of what to release, is a mystery.

Reactions: Unnamed0416

silverfur3

Jul 13, 2019
How long do you reckon it will take him to finish her route. Its funny cause with the money he could easly redo the whole gamep properly and get more updates out and get more money in the longrun. Instead we are left in the sun for months on end.

So what are your predictions?

4.40 star(s) 149 Votes