CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
yeah but i asked why is she supposed to be a bad character, i dont know oni's description of her
It's just Oni decided to make her that way.
Sorry can't give you full detail I lost that post with her full description from Oni.

Gotcha

Patreon Comment said:
Well, the reasons Jean isn't higher is because 1. I never much liked Evolution Jean, she was kind of naggy and boring to me. If I do add her, which I'm strongly considering, I think I'll shift her to be a bit more like the Jean from XCanny Rewrites. {...}
Patreon Comment said:
I'd originally not wanted to add Jean, because I just found her so dull in the cartoon, but I might put a version of the character in at some point, though likely with a distinct character design.
Patreon Comment said:
As for Jean and Storm, I have to be honest, I have some issues with including them. I just found the versions they had in Evolution to be super boring, both in design and personality. We can discuss that if people have other ideas. ;) My plans at the moment are that if I do include them, I might come up with a more original redesign for them, some combination of the Evo style with more of a comic costume design or something, I don't know. I'll give it some thought.
This is what Oni said about Jean.

"Basically, I wasn't a huge fan of Jean in the cartoon version, she was kind of boring and stodgy, without being *enough* of that that it turns back around into fun to mess with. I'm also not a huge fan of "NTR" storylines, so I was never a fan of the idea of hardcore cucking Cyclops like some fans wanted. Sorry about that guys."

Though I understand the NTR part, I don't recall Jean being boring and stodgy. I remember her being the focus of a bunch of episodes in the anime, but can't remember much from the animated series. Professor X's opinion on Jean though might make it seem NTR-ish to the player.
Also now I notice, no one posted here the patreon post for Jean, they skipped her.
And couldn't find the post on yiff party either

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
I like Rogue-Like: Evolution however I feel like we should not be able to do things with rogue until you level up your mutant powers. As Charles states in the beginning "His powers are weak and uncontrolled" thus the need to increase your player level so you can have better control over your powers and be able to do all the lewd things you want with Rogue without having to worry about your power shutting off and her killing you.
Charles don't know nothing. How can he gauge your powers? he can't use his powers on you and what test do they have to gauge MC powers?
If anything we should be talking about what's going on with this game. Why only character gets added in the future? Why can't when have all four? (Even though i don't like the look of squirrel girl.) Would it be too much work? Is he the only artist? What's the reg amount of time needed from update to update?

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
How who adding Jean be NTRing to the MC? Summer's a little bitch and Charles can't get his up to save his life. (He's dead from the waist down :p) The only person you have to worry about nailing her is Logan and seeing as other male characters don't really exist it's not a problem.
Infact, if anyone was going to cuck you it would be Logan. He's the only real man there besides the MC.

• Haha
Reactions: GuardianZ

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
Actually there was Jean post but for some reason it got removed.
And I'm kinda afraid to ask what yiff post was about
Weird, i don't remember ever seeing that post here.
Nah yiff party is a site that leaks patreon posts, I presume that at first it was about furry artists but now the site has pretty much everything, even non nsfw stuff.

Now ideally we would get all the girls added except Doreen but let's be real for a minute, it took more than a year to fully introduce Laura and there's still a few things that remain unpolished.Actually she was introduced in March, but still it's a long time

And I don't know if I can imagine the load times if the game had a lot of characters.
There's a lot of shit going in the background ingame, i've seen the code.

notabumblebee

Apr 7, 2018
How who adding Jean be NTRing to the MC? Summer's a little bitch and Charles can't get his up to save his life. (He's dead from the waist down :p) The only person you have to worry about nailing her is Logan and seeing as other male characters don't really exist it's not a problem.
Infact, if anyone was going to cuck you it would be Logan. He's the only real man there besides the MC.
That could be interesting thou, if Zero was the one doing the NTR, in the love route you can romance her until she decides to break up with Cyclops and go with you, in the slave route you can force her to do it, and you can have Jean not break up with him for the people that are into it (not that the last one would really change anything)

Reactions: Ghostly Hale

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
That could be interesting thou, if Zero was the one doing the NTR, in the love route you can romance her until she decides to break up with Cyclops and go with you, in the slave route you can force her to do it, and you can have Jean not break up with him for the people that are into it (not that the last one would really change anything)
And that thought right there is what i want the plan to be.
I want to turn Jean into a creme filled pie and laugh at Summers tears as i walk her on a leash.

JKain

Sep 26, 2016
Just to clarify, while the post is gone, Oni's description of the Jean he would include was basically her being "Top Bitch", super full of herself, stuck up, etc.

Although like all of Oni's characters, their version of Jean looks great, she is also the most boring out of all of the options so far. Combine that with the description above he gave, she is the absolute worst (IMO) of the characters that could be included.

Also I'd rather he bring in, like, Mystique/Raven. Hell, it'd even fit the personality he was describing above more.

4.40 star(s) 149 Votes