Whitewolf7987

Sep 24, 2017
Im in chapter 2 and got the message saying Clawyn has moved to my room due to being pregnant.Since than she has completely disappeared from the castle.But she has a sprite in the elf town in the leaders house that i cant interact with.I thought if i just kept playing it might fix itself im near the end of the Minotaur stuff and still gone.Any ideas.
People have been mentioning this bug for a while, it's the one thing stopping me replaying.
So basically iv just lost a companion via getting them pregnant, fun......
She doesn't actually appear in your room, but eventually you should trigger her pregnancy scene and she'll come back to your party. There is a certain variable that you can check to see how far along it is; it was mentioned a while ago in this thread, but anyway the scene has worked for me like 5 times so I don't think it's as bugged as everyone keeps saying.

Invader Grim

Nov 29, 2017
She doesn't actually appear in your room, but eventually you should trigger her pregnancy scene and she'll come back to your party. There is a certain variable that you can check to see how far along it is; it was mentioned a while ago in this thread, but anyway the scene has worked for me like 5 times so I don't think it's as bugged as everyone keeps saying.
Would you happen to know where/how i can check this?

SAO321

Apr 17, 2018
That's weird, the MV is naturally case sensitive afaik and by all accounts that window should be upper case.
So while my initial quick test did show the game to work with WINE, upon actually trying to sit down and play the thing I quickly noticed one major problem. It would appear that sound just doesn't work in any RPGM MV games under WINE, no idea why and I've tried a lot of things to fix it (if anyone knows how please share). Works fine in RPGM VX, go figure...

However there's good news (and bad news)! It turns out you can turn any RPGM MV game released 'for Windows' into a (native) Linux compatible release in almost just one step.

All you have to do is go to and grab the latest NORMAL release for Linux (should be on the homepage), then extract its contents into the root directory of the game (the one with Game.exe). The easiest way to do this is to put the .tar.gz archive into the directory and then run 'tar xvf nwjs-v0.33.0-linux-x64.tar.gz --strip-components=1' (adapt for the current version, --strip-components is because the contents are in a directory themselves). You'll know if you've done it correctly because alongside Game.exe you should have a file simply called 'nw'. Now you can run the game by simply executing the 'nw' file. Bam, the game runs... if not for one small issue.

As you may or may not be aware, Linux, unlike Windows, has case-sensitive file handling. And as it turns out, the developers for this game weren't exactly super conscious of that when writing their event scripts. So you'll probably notice that immediately after running 'nw', you'll be greeted by a message that says "Failed to load: img/system/Window.png". This is because, as you'll find, there is no file in the www/img/system directory named Window.png... But there is one named window.png. If you rename it to Window.png and try to run 'nw' again you'll make it to the menu.

Now I don't know how many cases like this there are, but I expect that they'll break the game whenever encountered. I have no idea how I could even go about fixing them except by hand every time an error was encountered. Perhaps someone smarter than me (like @redknight00), can figure out a way to scan the script files and check for filename inconsistencies, but without doing that let's just say the game would be 'unstable'.

I'm almost certain that a slightly modified version of this could be used to make RPGM MV games run on MacOS too, but I can't experiment as I don't own any Mac devices.

I've tested this short method with Roundscape and My New Life so far and both will technically run (MNL makes it to the menu immediately though, so that's nice), so this might open up a slightly new world for non Windows users denied their official builds.

It happens on my ubuntu 18.04, but not on 16.04 ... Disable case sensitivity on terminal, dosent work ... I supose ther isnt a fix yet.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
It happens on my ubuntu 18.04, but not on 16.04 ... Disable case sensitivity on terminal, dosent work ... I supose ther isnt a fix yet.
If your issue is the case-sensitiveness, check the posts of yeetie (post ) and bigguy_foryou (post ) in the next page: they have provided not one but three fixes.

Reactions: axellslade

Exo883

Aug 8, 2017
Is it just me or are other people getting crash's? I started playing the new version and at first used the mod and it just froze when i was getting talked to by the mom in the farmer origin i usely skip the origins but wanted to see and it freezes each time. I got rid of it and played it with out the mod and still froze i know its a alpha and all but was just seeing if there a work around or if i should just set it aside for now to its fixed as i do love the game.

3.60 star(s) 134 Votes