Tool RPGM Ren'Py [RPA] [RGSS3A] [RPYC] Online Viewer & Save editor

Dinaki

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
Damn its amazing dude thanks a ton!!!!
Any plans on making an .exe file?
Now you can install the web app. It will act like a regular app and it doesn't even require internet connection.

Open website
Click on the Install button.
1675268799583.png

You will be able to open .rpa, .rpyc, .rvdata, .rvdata2, .rgssad, rgss2a, .rgss3a, .rpgmvp, .xyz, .rpgsave files just by double clicking on it.

chrisb

Nov 1, 2017
Looking at both the RPY and the RPYC "Script" files of Away From Home that are in the archive.rpa file, I can't seem to view the data properly. For the RPY file, it's gibberish code and for the RPYC file I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/pyodide/unrpyc/__init__.py", line 187, in decompile_rpyc
ast = read_ast_from_file(in_file)
File "/home/pyodide/unrpyc/__init__.py", line 157, in read_ast_from_file
raw_contents = zlib.decompress(raw_contents)
zlib.error: Error -3 while decompressing data: incorrect header check
In fact, all of the RPY and RPYC files act in similar manner in the archive.rpa file except for gui.rpy and gui.rpyc which unpack as expected. I've tried redownloading the file with the same result. The game works fine and dialog is visible wihout issue in game but I can't view the script using the online tool, nor a text editor once pulled out of the archive file. I've attached the two script files pulled from the archive.rpa file using your tool. The archive.rpa file is too large to attach. Any help would be appreciated.

Dinaki

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
Looking at both the RPY and the RPYC "Script" files of Away From Home that are in the archive.rpa file, I can't seem to view the data properly. For the RPY file, it's gibberish code and for the RPYC file I get the following error:

In fact, all of the RPY and RPYC files act in similar manner in the archive.rpa file except for gui.rpy and gui.rpyc which unpack as expected. I've tried redownloading the file with the same result. The game works fine and dialog is visible wihout issue in game but I can't view the script using the online tool, nor a text editor once pulled out of the archive file. I've attached the two script files pulled from the archive.rpa file using your tool. The archive.rpa file is too large to attach. Any help would be appreciated.
Probably they edited an encrypt function in the Ren'Py engine to prevent the decompiling with the regular tools. I'll check the game

Reactions: chrisb

Dinaki

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017

Turns out app had a problem with the last files in a big .rpa archives. Fixed now. If it still doesn't work, refresh a page a few times to clean cached scripts.

Dinaki

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
Now the app supports Godot archive format .pck
Inside archive all assets are stored in the res://.import folder.
Supported formats inside .pck archive:

Images
  1. stex
  2. image
Audio
  1. mp3str
  2. oggstr
Text
  1. tscn
  2. remap
  3. tres
  4. import
  5. gdns
  6. shader

BitterFrost

Sep 28, 2017
This is a great tool. Good work and thanks. I needed to figure out some item codes in a game so I could uh cheat slightly to cut down the grind, worked perfectly.

Aug 6, 2020
Thank you so much for this convenient tool! The image merge function needs to be paired whin image preview

hebizaihu

Jul 6, 2022
How do I restore the packaged state after I unpack it? I don't seem to have found that option. It would be great to be able to unpack and pack, which is a very valuable tool for the translation of the game.

Dinaki

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
How do I restore the packaged state after I unpack it? I don't seem to have found that option. It would be great to be able to unpack and pack, which is a very valuable tool for the translation of the game.
There are no packing feature for now. However .rpa packing would be easy to implement.
For what kind of formats you need this?

Dinaki

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
Now you can export files not only to a .zip archive but also to a .rpa (Ren'Py archive format).

Can be useful if you want to pack back modified scripts/images or a patch with a new data.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

sictbttwagr

Mar 9, 2017
Is there anyway to download the all of decompiled files? I am trying to search across multiple files to cross reference and try to figure out why stuff isn't triggering in a game, but the Export only seems to export the compiled versions.

Dinaki

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
Is there anyway to download the all of decompiled files? I am trying to search across multiple files to cross reference and try to figure out why stuff isn't triggering in a game, but the Export only seems to export the compiled versions.
File - Export...

Select files and export a zip archive. All files will be decrypted in the archive. There is a decrpypt option in"Advanced options" but it's enabled by default.
1704463301572.png

Last edited:
Reactions: sictbttwagr

Dinaki

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
Found another weird error with Attack on Survey Corps's scripts.rpa file (attached). There are only rpyc files in the rpa and all of them give this error in the tool:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In addition, I get the error popup "spawn python ENOENT"
That's probably because the game developer edited the default encoding algorithm.