rpdl.net discussion & questions (torrents)

mpa71

Dec 18, 2017
Been checking the last 5 pages and it was so exhausting... The rpdl team been in goodwill to make improvement, the infrastructure is solid and opensource, the service is easy to use and totally free and yet looks blacklisted here... :rolleyes:

If that account/login such an issues why not goes for simple OpenID solution.
Or maybe remplace the account creation by some kind of random token generated in one click with a captcha.

Since the accounts expire anyway, removing that idea you collect "mail/password" will ease the blocking with the admins here? That way you create a random token and not "an account" to login.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Been checking the last 5 pages and it was so exhausting... The rpdl team been in goodwill to make improvement, the infrastructure is solid and opensource, the service is easy to use and totally free and yet looks blacklisted here... :rolleyes:

If that account/login such an issues why not goes for simple OpenID solution.
Or maybe remplace the account creation by some kind of random token generated in one click with a captcha.

Since the accounts expire anyway, removing that idea you collect "mail/password" will ease the blocking with the admins here? That way you create a random token and not "an account" to login.
Nah, we're over it. We've done our part to ensure user safety and f95 moderators want to power trip and put us in the same ballpark as pay-to-download sites like SVS. I've pleaded and begged in several tickets but they don't care so the outcome is what you see today, people get stuck with hosts that ask for money and accounts (mega, gofile, pixeldrain) to be usable, or be stuck with dross like anonfiles and their ilk which openly serves malware. Granted, gofile has improved a lot in the last few weeks.

The only reason I'm leaving the ticket open is because Sam might still be busy and genuinely hasn't had time to make a decision.

Either way, we're going to continue doing what we're doing. We started this because nopy died and it was a hobby of mine, it's grown into a team now and we have a somewhat solid funding to work with and an entire platform of open source tools and servers. It's awesome, I love it.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Well, thats fur sure some fine doubble morale... (y)
Can someone tell me if discord needs an account or not? https://discord.f95zone.to

Help!

Weird, how can staff allow links to discord when they log:
  • IP Address
  • Device UUID
  • User's e-mail address
  • All text messages
  • All images
  • All VOIP data (voice chat)
  • Open rates for e-mail sent by Discord
  • Logs of all of the other programs that are open on your computer
It's a mystery!

Last edited:

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Can someone tell me if discord needs an account or not? https://discord.f95zone.to

Help!

Weird, how can staff allow links to discord when they log:
  • IP Address
  • Device UUID
  • User's e-mail address
  • All text messages
  • All images
  • All VOIP data (voice chat)
  • Open rates for e-mail sent by Discord
  • Logs of all of the other programs that are open on your computer
It's a mystery!
I don't think I should need to point this out, but discord is not an approved file host.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
I don't think I should need to point this out, but discord is not an approved file host.
Stellar input as always my man. Lets just ignore everything else about it.

When your staff starts following the approved filehosts I guess we can talk about it more? 1, 2

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
I can't go a week without pushing buttons or getting my buttons pushed. It's a kink don't you dare judge me.

I secretly come buckets every time his name shows up in my notifications.

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
I can't go a week without pushing buttons or getting my buttons pushed. It's a kink don't you dare judge me.

I secretly come buckets every time his name shows up in my notifications.
vine-kink.gif
...also remember to stay hydrated....if u nutting that hard.....

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Is it kosher for me to threadban anyone I perceive to be a weeb?