massoblivion

Creating Deluded
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
You would receive more support if you would just release a normal free version that is 1 update behind or like mattrixatp said a month behind
the newest version. As far as my knowledge goes censored version rarely are even really played and mostly downloaded only to see its censored and deleted again only to find a leaked build. Another point mattrixatp already said is focus your resources on improving the game rather than censoring the game.
it takes 1 hour of work to add censoring to the game. About more support, I'm not sure about it, maybe it relates to games with only adult content and nothing else, but we have a lot to show besides 18+ content.

F1_V10

Apr 9, 2019
I'm not sure about it, maybe it relates to games with only adult content
Take a look at LifePlay by Vinfamy. It is a great sandbox game that has been a couple years in the making. No censorship exists, has a huge fanbase, modders who contribute to the game etc.

The dev's income has also started growing a lot more than before as he has proved himself committed and consistent by pushing updates every ~2weeks or so.

Censorship only makes people wary of the dev, as I've seen in this forum. And you have to realize that a pirate who was never planning on subscribing to patreon might be tempted to after playing the leaked version here. But if it is a censored one, such a person will be more be more likely to delete the game and not play OR wait for a patch/leak. And them subbing later is a smaller occurence.
You've been a member of this forum longer than me, you should no this by now. You don't lose a sale to piracy as a pirate was not interested in buying it in the first place. But you seem very defensive of your plan to censor the game.

Reactions: Guz89 and Vollezar

massoblivion

Creating Deluded
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Take a look at LifePlay by Vinfamy. It is a great sandbox game that has been a couple years in the making. No censorship exists, has a huge fanbase, modders who contribute to the game etc.

The dev's income has also started growing a lot more than before as he has proved himself committed and consistent by pushing updates every ~2weeks or so.

Censorship only makes people wary of the dev, as I've seen in this forum. And you have to realize that a pirate who was never planning on subscribing to patreon might be tempted to after playing the leaked version here. But if it is a censored one, such a person will be more be more likely to delete the game and not play OR wait for a patch/leak. And them subbing later is a smaller occurence.
You've been a member of this forum longer than me, you should no this by now. You don't lose a sale to piracy as a pirate was not interested in buying it in the first place. But you seem very defensive of your plan to censor the game.
I see although he really has huge fanbase, and a lot of content. He still has much less money on Patreon than we do. So I don't really understand your point here. We also can't push updates very fast, because we're working on core features. Censoring will also help YouTubers or reviewers to publish videos with less struggle. Why we discuss censorship here, if the game is gonna be leaked here soon anyway? How it makes people wary? We also made a 2 months ago, and we can't break promises might they be mistaken or not.

Reactions: Starmold

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
I saw that theres an interaction system based on clothing, would that include piercings?

DreamingAway

Aug 24, 2022
I see although he really has huge fanbase, and a lot of content. He still has much less money on Patreon than we do. So I don't really understand your point here. We also can't push updates very fast, because we're working on core features. Censoring will also help YouTubers or reviewers to publish videos with less struggle. Why we discuss censorship here, if the game is gonna be leaked here soon anyway? How it makes people wary? We also made a 2 months ago, and we can't break promises might they be mistaken or not.
Wild Life despite some controversies also releases a free censored version and they have been wildly successful.

It wouldn't be my choice.. but I guess for some it does work.

I still think if you have a fantastic product and your supporters know that support is the only way the product can keep going, that revenue will come.. The amount of abandoned games that still today have fans begging to pay the devs to return to them is quite high.

(Sort games by highest weighted rating on F95 and look at the threads for some of the abandoned games..)

I'm interested to see how this develops.

SylvanaHellsing

Mar 22, 2019
Hello, it's me and my infinite question (i'm waiting to see , i'm a little excited to wait)
So... This game gonna be some sandbox thing? Like we can live as we can ? Like juste walking, observing the nature, other PNJ, doing what we want without contraint ? being an absolute jerk with everyone or be so gentle and cute?

massoblivion

Creating Deluded
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Hello, it's me and my infinite question (i'm waiting to see , i'm a little excited to wait)
So... This game gonna be some sandbox thing? Like we can live as we can ? Like juste walking, observing the nature, other PNJ, doing what we want without contraint ? being an absolute jerk with everyone or be so gentle and cute?
I think in the adult game genre sandbox means you can freely choose any pose/clothing/location/character. What you talking about is rpg actually, you can roleplay anyone with variation in main attributes - lewd/pure, intelligence/foolishness, strength/grace, dominant/submissive, its core feature for open world

xfto

Dec 1, 2019
hey there, nice first impression on the trailer and pics, also the two years look... kinda manageable, although many many projects turned out to be long time milking machines with minimal content delivered. still, i will eye the project with interest.

i got a question about the content after that roadmap is done. i ve read you cant say it for sure, and i am not asking for specifics other than that: you wrote about a survival system. can we expect a daily routine, some sort of daily grind in the game so people can experience the story over a long time? (could imagine that its the case, otherwise people might not see all the seasons?)
also you wrote about how the engine can support a great deal of character and clothing. will the seasons and daily activities of other characters also influence their appearance? lets say you work with someone daily on the campgrounds all summer long so the player character and the npc become slightly fitter+ suntan? might become a very interesting dynamic creation game then...
and the last question, since thats a favourite of many h-games of east. time limits. will there be a time limit of, lets say, 1 year ingame time or will it be open ended?

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
I think in the adult game genre sandbox means you can freely choose any pose/clothing/location/character. What you talking about is rpg actually, you can roleplay anyone with variation in main attributes - lewd/pure, intelligence/foolishness, strength/grace, dominant/submissive, its core feature for open world
I think he means something else. Like, will you be able to freely walk around the map and develop different relationships with different NPCs, be dom with some and sub to others, not just a characteristic for yourself. Sandbox also means building things from the ground up, not just having options to do things. For example, if you choose to be sub with someone you may develop some events in the future relationship, but if you choose to be dom the events will be different. Side quests that depending on the outcome may result in different scenarios later. Further more, will there be any random events that happen in certain places/situation?

massoblivion

Creating Deluded
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
hey there, nice first impression on the trailer and pics, also the two years look... kinda manageable, although many many projects turned out to be long time milking machines with minimal content delivered. still, i will eye the project with interest.

i got a question about the content after that roadmap is done. i ve read you cant say it for sure, and i am not asking for specifics other than that: you wrote about a survival system. can we expect a daily routine, some sort of daily grind in the game so people can experience the story over a long time? (could imagine that its the case, otherwise people might not see all the seasons?)
also you wrote about how the engine can support a great deal of character and clothing. will the seasons and daily activities of other characters also influence their appearance? lets say you work with someone daily on the campgrounds all summer long so the player character and the npc become slightly fitter+ suntan? might become a very interesting dynamic creation game then...
and the last question, since thats a favourite of many h-games of east. time limits. will there be a time limit of, lets say, 1 year ingame time or will it be open ended?
Hi! Yep, there will be daily routine. Game starts in autumn, so it will be progressively harder to survive, find and upgrade shelter, clothes, find work and so on. --

About npc's - it's really easy to influence their appearance with the toolset we currently have.

About time limit - no there won't be any time limit

Reactions: xfto