Tutorial RPGM RPG Maker Help Section

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
It depends on the RPG Maker.
Not sure about VX Ace & the predecessors, but starting with MV, the graphic render by default is webGL, which uses the gpu. It uses canvas render as a backup if the gpu is unable to handle it.

So by default, MV and MZ absolutely use the gpu, if they can.
is there any way to change this so they use canvas?

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
is there any way to change this so they use canvas?
It should automatically switch to canvas if your device has no graphics card for webgl. And yes, you can force it to render only in canvas, but why would you?
WebGL is many times faster, because it uses the graphics card, while Canvas is CPU only and thus very slow. Using Canvas will severely impact speed, especially if you're using plugins that feature a lot of PIXI graphics elements.

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
It should automatically switch to canvas if your device has no graphics card for webgl. And yes, you can force it to render only in canvas, but why would you?
WebGL is many times faster, because it uses the graphics card, while Canvas is CPU only and thus very slow. Using Canvas will severely impact speed, especially if you're using plugins that feature a lot of PIXI graphics elements.
ah, well seems i'm fucked
there's this game that runs like complete garbage, at 2 fucking fps in battles not kidding you and it says it's in webgl mode, and it does not change to canvas mode, i thought that maybe in canvas mode it could lose some graphics but run better, but if that's not the case then i'm utterly and thorouhgly fucked

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
ah, well seems i'm fucked
there's this game that runs like complete garbage, at 2 fucking fps in battles not kidding you and it says it's in webgl mode, and it does not change to canvas mode, i thought that maybe in canvas mode it could lose some graphics but run better, but if that's not the case then i'm utterly and thorouhgly fucked
Sounds like it's either a computer issue or a plugin issue.

What's your computer specs? Graphics card, ram, cpu. On what resolution are you running the game?
What's the game in question?

May 26, 2018
There used to be something floating around called rpgmaker AIO (all in one) that would install all of them let you go into dev mode for every rpgmaker except the latest one which was separate.

I think it was originally on cs.rin.ru I'm not sure if the links are still good there this is an older memory and it's a niche thing to want.

It's nice to have because you can press control to walk thru walls and f9 I think to mess with plot flags. In addition to being able to edit any value or any code easily in the game. Like I could create a tile in the mountain in monster girl paradox (super grindy game) that masters all job classes whenever you step on it. Or make the monsters in Renryuu ascension capturable at 100% hp so use item, get them. So it's useful. You see a chest faraway game is like you need the hookshot. No you don't just hold control and walk over the void and get it.
Any luck in finding this? I had it three computers ago and can't seem to find it again. I'm still actively looking but it seems like it disappeared off the face of the earth. I was experimenting with using it to have an easier time with translations.

Chaussettes

Apr 1, 2018
Hey guys, I don't know if this is the correct place to ask my question but it shouldn't be too far off. I apologize if the answer is somewhere on the tread, I will admit I didn't check the 18 pages.

So, I just wanted to know, as I'm somewhat a noob when it comes to computers, if there was some kind of software or tools that I could use to implement some kind of cheat menu in any rpgm game. Specifically some kind of speed cheat, like make the game faster. Some games are really slow (and/or grindy) and I would like to both not let the slowness diminish the quality of the game and be able to play in less time.

Thank you in advance for your answers (or redirection if this is not the place).

tribadeaccolade3

Sep 28, 2023
I hate to be a drag but my AV firmly will not let me download the VX Ace RTP. If anyone was willing to give a copy here so I don't have to mess with it I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you. :)(y)

Mod Leaner

Dec 1, 2019
If you actually talking about RTP (not the engine), the RTP is official and they're release free, you just need to download from the official page, if your AV block them then it's shit. The official page obviously safer than any random upload from internet. Just turn of the AV if need then turn it back after installed RTP.

tribadeaccolade3

Sep 28, 2023
If you actually talking about RTP (not the engine), the RTP is official and they're release free, you just need to download from the official page, if your AV block them then it's shit. The official page obviously safer than any random upload from internet. Just turn of the AV if need then turn it back after installed RTP.
Yeah I just didn't want to have to mess with it but you are right, thank you. (y)

Mod Leaner

Dec 1, 2019
Well, does anyone tried to check the game Succubus Quest by SQDT? For some reason this game not recognize English font. If you keep the original font then write English text then the "m" character will not visible. For example if you write: "Help me!" then what show up is just "Help e!". It's okay if you write the message with Japanese font like "Help me!" and it'll show in game however it's annoying to write everything in Japanese font and you can't even read it in the engine. Like this for example:
0011.png
0011.png

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
Well, does anyone tried to check the game Succubus Quest by SQDT? For some reason this game not recognize English font. If you keep the original font then write English text then the "m" character will not visible. For example if you write: "Help me!" then what show up is just "Help e!". It's okay if you write the message with Japanese font like "Help me!" and it'll show in game however it's annoying to write everything in Japanese font and you can't even read it in the engine. Like this for example:
Try running in Japanese locale.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote