RPG Maker issue

kaiten

May 4, 2017
I've noticed lately that RPG Maker games (I assume those using an older version) refuse to start. I just get a window listing the files and folders on the current drive. Other games warn me that my profile was created with a newer version of nw.js, but I can still play them once I close the warning window.
Did anyone encounter the first issue and is there a solution I've overlooked? Any help would be appreciated.

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
I just get a window listing the files and folders on the current drive.
Try extracting them somewhere else. Some MV games Like Akira Point's and Pact of Exhibition do that for me if I extract them in the folder I kept all my games in, if I do it on the desktop they worked fine after.

kaiten

May 4, 2017
Try extracting them somewhere else. Some MV games Like Akira Point's and Pact of Exhibition do that for me if I extract them in the folder I kept all my games in, if I do it on the desktop they worked fine after.
Thanks for the idea, man, worked like a charm. Not sure why it wouldn't work in the normal folder, it's neither a long file path nor does it have special characters. Still, good to know it can be solved. (y)

Reactions: TheBlueKnight