Tool RPGM RPG Maker MV-MZ Decrypter

Did you use this RPG MV & MZ decryptor / decrypter?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Extra Lewd

May 7, 2018
GAME RIPPER works with that .exe file.
The reason why I have created GAME RIPPER is exactly that, I got fed up that different toolkit was needed for different games. GR autodetects the engine and supports all RPGM versions equally (and supports some other engines as well, like WolfRPG and Godot). You don't need to know, it just works.
Oh, it's cool if this tool support all games. Good job!

justaplayer69

Nov 29, 2023
Oh, it's cool if this tool support all games. Good job!
Thank you! I've learned a lot from your tool, your work was invaluable! (The other great source was Petschko's.)

In case you want to add XP/VX/Ace support to your tool too, I've found that might do the trick (it's JS, shouldn't be hard to convert it into TypeScript). I also came up with a way to autodetect the encryption key ( ) in rgssad / rgss3a archives, if you're interested I'd gladly help to port that to TypeScript.

Reactions: Extra Lewd

Extra Lewd

May 7, 2018
Thank you! I've learned a lot from your tool, your work was invaluable! (The other great source was Petschko's.)

In case you want to add XP/VX/Ace support to your tool too, I've found that might do the trick (it's JS, shouldn't be hard to convert it into TypeScript). I also came up with a way to autodetect the encryption key ( ) in rgssad / rgss3a archives, if you're interested I'd gladly help to port that to TypeScript.
Cool, I've sent notify to the developer.

justaplayer69

Nov 29, 2023
Cool, I've sent notify to the developer.
And here's the archive library. https://attachments.f95zone.to/2024/10/4147694_rgssad.js.zip
It's not TypeScript but JavaScript (but I've used only DataView.getUintX methods so that you can easily search'n'replace to Buffer.readUintX). It's just two functions:

rgssad_parse(arhive);
Where archive is an Uint8Array with the binary archive's data. Returns an array of { "name", "size", "offset", "deckey" } records with the meta data.

rgssad_extract(archive, entry);
Where archive is the same Uint8Array and entry is one of the meta data records. Returns decrypted file content in an Uint8Array.

The file contents in the archive could be assets (PNG, OGG, WAV, etc.), but when the decrypted data starts with the bytes 4 and 8, then you'll need to use the aforementioned node-marshal library to convert the Ruby binary into a JavaScript Object.

Reactions: Extra Lewd