Tool RPGM RPG Maker MV-MZ Decrypter

Did you use this RPG MV & MZ decryptor / decrypter?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Thicc Lord

Purveyor of Thicc
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019

VirusTotal [ ]
Download
[ ]

Thx to Thicc Lord for game files and spended time.

View attachment 3232127
Glad I could be helpful!

Pillepalle

May 12, 2018
Noob here, how can i decrypt an RPGMV game where it's only one big .exe file? This doesn't work because it obviously can't find .json. Tried searching for the answer but can't find anything, so i guess I'm missing something obvious.
Help would be appreciated, thank you.

Edit: As often right after asking you find the answer yourself lol https://f95zone.to/threads/rpg-maker-mv-unpacker.417/
Unfortunately for me the game is not packed with enigma, so bad luck for me i guess.

Last edited:

Extra Lewd

May 7, 2018
Noob here, how can i decrypt an RPGMV game where it's only one big .exe file? This doesn't work because it obviously can't find .json. Tried searching for the answer but can't find anything, so i guess I'm missing something obvious.
Help would be appreciated, thank you.

Edit: As often right after asking you find the answer yourself lol https://f95zone.to/threads/rpg-maker-mv-unpacker.417/
Unfortunately for me the game is not packed with enigma, so bad luck for me i guess.
Hello, I will ask in developer about this issue, but I suppose this isn't a issue of RPG MV/MZ decrypting tool, so with a high chance that issue should be fixed by external software.

Pillepalle
To faster resolve issue, can you please share the game with us?

Last edited:

Extra Lewd

May 7, 2018
Pillepalle just use latest version of enigma from it successfully extracted

I don't know did this website is free from viruses, so please, be carefull.
Anyway, this tool work for me.

Reactions: Pillepalle

Killer94

Feb 4, 2018
If you ask something about game, then sorry but this is wrong thread, this topic about tool for decrypting RPG MV/MZ games
yh my bad I clicked on the link to download the extractor and forgot I was still on this page when I typed that out so I deleted the comment right after that (y)

Reactions: Extra Lewd

camper88

Feb 14, 2023
is there an encrypter?
1719663871299.png
I have decrypted Game.rgss3a and translated /data/ folder which is inside that archive. All is good. Now I need to recompile that Game.rgss3a file with the new /data/ folder.
What do I do / use to do that?

Extra Lewd

May 7, 2018
is there an encrypter?
View attachment 3781641
I have decrypted Game.rgss3a and translated /data/ folder which is inside that archive. All is good. Now I need to recompile that Game.rgss3a file with the new /data/ folder.
What do I do / use to do that?
This tool support only RPG Maker MV (RPG MV) (or RPG Maker MZ / RPG MZ) engine, looks like your game based on RPG XP / VX or VX Ace engine. You should use different tool for this game.

I don't test it, but at least one of this tools should work:

I could ask developer to add feature to validate game engine before decrypt.
Then, tool should return message like 'oh crap, this isn't a RPG Maker MV/MZ! Try "this" tool instead'

• Red Heart
Reactions: camper88

camper88

Feb 14, 2023
This tool support only RPG Maker MV (RPG MV) (or RPG Maker MZ / RPG MZ) engine, looks like your game based on RPG XP / VX or VX Ace engine. You should use different tool for this game.

I don't test it, but at least one of this tools should work:

I could ask developer to add feature to validate game engine before decrypt.
Then, tool should return message like 'oh crap, this isn't a RPG Maker MV/MZ! Try "this" tool instead'
Thank you for all the links.
Yes, it is indeed is RPG VX Ace. And thanks to another member on the translation request thread of that particular game, this game engine doesn't require to archive back to that file (.rgss3a). Which is nice of the game developers. But the game is only half translated for now. ^^; I am figuring out what i miss. lol
Thanks for those links again. God bless you.

Reactions: Extra Lewd