Tool RPGM RPG Maker MV v1.62 Linux Mac and Windows

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

TGIL

Mar 12, 2019
This worked but my only warning to other Linux users is that latest version of NW.js for Linux might not work on your system.

So try the latest version and then keep downgrading using this list , until you find the NW.js version that works.

Lastly, while you are testing, do NOT copy and paste the contents of the "nwjs-v0.*-linux" folder into the main game folder of your chosen RPG-Maker MV game.

This will require to constantly delete and then re-extract/rebuild the game - a time-costly endeavor.

So, rather than constantly re-extracting/rebuilding your chosen RPG-Maker MV game, you should instead:

1) Copy the game's "www" folder and its "package.json" file from main game folder, into the "nwjs-v0.*-linux" folder

2) Make the "nw" file in the "nwjs-v0.*-linux" folder executable:
Bash:
chmod +x nw
3) Run/Execute the "nw" file to test if the current version of NW.js that you have installed will work

If the game crashes and you get a "Failed to get vkGetInstanceProcAddr" error, you'll have to downgrade NW.js!

Hope this helps someone out there.
I did this and got this message: Failed to load extension from: nwjs-v0.81.0-linux-x64. Required value 'name' is missing or invalid.
Do I keep downgrading NW?

n3k0d3v

Dec 5, 2017
I did this and got this message: Failed to load extension from: nwjs-v0.81.0-linux-x64. Required value 'name' is missing or invalid.
Do I keep downgrading NW?
The error message tells you what is exactly wrong..
name_missing_value.jpg
Open the package.json and write literally anything for the name value (highlighted in the pic)

Reactions: TGIL

TGIL

Mar 12, 2019
The error message tells you what is exactly wrong..
View attachment 3047300
Open the package.json and write literally anything for the name value (highlighted in the pic)
Now it opens but says, Error: Cannot find module 'lodash/cloneDeep' Require stack: - ...... index.html
The node modules folder has the same amount of files.

n3k0d3v

Dec 5, 2017
Now it opens but says, Error: Cannot find module 'lodash/cloneDeep' Require stack: - ...... index.html
The node modules folder has the same amount of files.
Could you link me to the game that you are trying to run? (in order to check out these error messages myself)

n3k0d3v

Dec 5, 2017
It was this one. https://f95zone.to/threads/tratritle-v1-3-5-inazuma-soft.124085/
But I'll try some other games since it seems like it should be working.

I tried it with a different game and it worked!
It seems someone is happy haha:BootyTime:

For the game that you linked, I tried to reproduce the issue with the error message and succeeded
error.jpg
Turns out that if the node_modules folder is renamed or simply missing this error message will popup. But if the folder is not corrupted and has all files..
launch_ok.jpg
The game should launch OK. Only remaining issue that was left before launch is that some file was not named correctly(another error) because the file path expected one of the characters to be lower case while the actual character was actually upper case. Just had to lower case that character in the file name.

Reactions: TGIL

TGIL

Mar 12, 2019
It seems someone is happy haha:BootyTime:

For the game that you linked, I tried to reproduce the issue with the error message and succeeded
View attachment 3050405
Turns out that if the node_modules folder is renamed or simply missing this error message will popup. But if the folder is not corrupted and has all files..
View attachment 3050414
The game should launch OK. Only remaining issue that was left before launch is that some file was not named correctly(another error) because the file path expected one of the characters to be lower case while the actual character was actually upper case. Just had to lower case that character in the file name.
I don't see what you did to make it work. My files are cloneDeep with correct capitalization and node_modules is called node_modules.

Ok I got it to work. I just added another node_modules folder to the main folder, it has it in two places but it works now.

Last edited:
Reactions: n3k0d3v

gfurst

Nov 6, 2019
First time getting this sort of error, game apparently plays on wine otherwise, happens as I start a new game, any clue?

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes