Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
PreviewBanner.png

Hello everyone! I'm currently creaing a hentai VN/RPG called Currency of Damnation.
Join the Discord for new previews every Saturday! I'd also love to hear all your opinions!

Preview3.jpg

Erotic Content :

The game will cater primarily to fans of monster girls content. Though there will be some interesting humans thrown into the cast of characters too! I'm leaning against full 'Furry' content as that isn't my thing. But one or two of the characters arguably fall under that description .. It's a hazy line after all :)

The game will involve running a monster girl red light district. And many of the minor monsters you meet along the way will be able to be included to increase your income and provide more H-content! So prostitution is a fairly heavy theme. The game is somewhat Harem focused although a couple of the central cast are very sharing I don't consider the game NTR as it would be a stretch to expect fidelity from those characters the way I am writing them. And it's not about them getting stolen away from you.

I want to shy away from traditional 'Monster Girl Femdom' archetypes and include a variety of fetishes in the game such as Incest/Noncon/Impregnation and such. However problematic fetishes such as the first two will genuinely be handled as erotic roleplay between consenting adults. And all fetishes will be optional with the player being given the choice by the game as to whether to enable them or have a more 'Vanilla' relationship with the character.

I am also going to include some optional Futa/Male content later in the game. This will not be even close to a majority of the game's content. And there is a plan for femme options for those characters later down the road. I am also not writing hard locked dom/sub relationships between the characters. But rather a more equal relationship. Neither are my futa's 'Girl's with cocks' Or 'Emasculation machines.' I hope to nail writing them as real people.

unknown (11).png unknown (10).png

Gameplay :

The idea behind the game is to blend VN style storytelling with rpg and management elements to create an interesting and engaging experience. Rather than tradition RPGM dungeon style gameplay I am creating an eventing system inspiired by Fenoxo's games such as Trials in Tainted Space and Corruption of Champions. Where a player will engage in missions where they have to pass through 5-15 Nodes each of which can give you a random encounter. Which can be anything from just a fight to Vn conversations or finding items. With an emphasis on circumstantial choice when dealing with these events.

Many of the encounters in the game will have varying solutions depending on what characters you have in the party or what items you have available to use. This will be supported by a business management system where the player can construct buildings in the encounter zone that can provide them with regular resource or currency incomes. Which as the game progresses can become an exponential feedback loop that can make the player very wealthy. With currency not just being a vehicle to equip the player but also a method of advancing the story. The player will not earn money from enemies like in many rpgmaker games. But rather selling crafting materials and constructed buildings and their profits will be their revenue stream.

Combat is designed to be rare, But challenging and rewarding. With the rate of unavoidable battle in nodes being set at around 30% So the average fights per run can range from between 1-5 But can go a lot higher or lower depending on rng. Making players have to prepare for the worst. But not usually forcing that result on them.

I am forgoing any sort of time limit or artificial pressure in the game, The player can choose how much to grind. Some will be necessary to advance but more will make the game easier. I don't mind if players want to grind so much that they trivialize the difficulty. How the player enjoys my game is up to them. And while development and balancing is ongoing all characters will have a skill that effectively allows them to skip combat. Which will be left in as an optional cheat.

Preview4.jpg Preview2.jpg

Story :

The game borrows many of the tropes from standard anime fantasy surrounding Hero's and Demon Lords and subverts them. Rather than simply being a quest to defeat a great evil. This game considers the world after such a recurring evil has been 'defeated'. The world of Currency of Damnation is a world that has moved on technologically and culturally since the time when Hero's fought the Dark Lords in mortal combat. Without spoiling the story too much you play as a new Demon Lord. Who has some very different ideas about how to go about using their power and authority. To uncover the lost history of the world, The truth of their situations and find a way for Men and Monsters to truly exist without conflict. I will probably expand on this section somewhat once the game has had a few builds and updates. But for now that's all you're getting story wise!

Preview1.jpg Absinthe_1.png

Patreon : (Not yet opened .. This will be here once I have a working build to post!)
Twitter : @CC_FWS

Last edited:

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
The game has a good soundtrack I think! I also have a few custom tracks made themed around a single title screen piece :)

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
Hey folks! Time for the weekly update! I've been hard at work fleshing out the city of Midway which is your hub for the game. And balancing/tuning combat to an acceptable level. But that's not all! The first main quest is nearly finished. It's deceptively lengthy because though the objectives are relatively simple it's designed to introduce you to your key contacts and fill out your first party! There's a LOT of optional dialogue to explore for those who like lore. And a skip button for those who just want the affection points from them ;)

A lot of the balancing worked around tuning the game's secondary resource system too! The MC can collect what essentially amounts to magic energy, life energy and sex energy. magic energy is primarily used to buy new spells. Life energy healing spells and other uses and sex energy gets you new sex powers. Want the power to have two dicks? Grow and shrink? Change gender? Or take a human form? It's all planned. And all the resources have niche uses outside of their main avenues.

Preview2j.png

I've also been working on the overlay for the Huangzhao docks! I think I hit what I wanted quite well ..

Preview1j.jpg

And just for you lewd lovers here's a sneak peak of the game's 2nd H-Scene! I actually have more completed ones to add. But I won't actually be adding the H-Scenes to the game until right before I launch the game.

Preview3j.png

And with that I bid you all farewell! This lizards got a lot of work to do still!!

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
Another week and work on the game continues apace! The Main story quest is now finished up to the point where I want it for a first release, Much of the week has been devoted to balancing the game's mechanics and systems which I now feel are in a good place to move forward. In the coming weeks I will be expanding sideways. Adding H-scenes and side content to give the game more meat on it's bones :)

Preview1J.jpg
Preview2J.jpg
Preview3J.jpg

There's not an awful lot to say tbh XD so I leave you to contemplate this lewd frog lol ..

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
Adding H-Scenes and character scenes is proceeding apace!

Right now Absinthe, Raia, Willow and Pepper are where they need to be for release. With Vanda and Jet still to do.

I'll be working on getting them up to speed. And then taking the rest of the month to polish the game. Provided no issue comes up I'll be re opening the Patreon with a playable build on the 1st July :)

Preview1.jpg
Preview2.jpg
Preview3.jpg

That last girl is the first of the futa options available in the game. She won't have any real content for a while but she's kinda there as the sex power vendor. Most of these powers won't be relevant for a while either. But I decided to get it in bare bones as one of the powers IS actually extremely relevant to one of the main girls paths. And I guess it gives any of you who are looking forward to the Futa/M content something to look forward to =)

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
Title.png

Hey there folks time for another weekly update and what may well be the last one before launch day! Currency of Damnation is currently feature complete of where I want the game to be for an initial launch and I'd like to discuss my plans for updates moving forward and raise some things with you guys.

P2.jpg

And YES this is the protagonist .. Jet prefers his human form. For reasons that will become clear once the game releases.

I plan to take the next week or so to go over everything with a fine tooth comb and make sure that the spelling/dialogue/etc is as good as I can make it. As well as hunt down as many bugs as I can find. When it comes to update schedules I doin't think I'm going to commit to hard monthly updates .. although at least initially an update a month is what I will be aiming for. The fact is that committing to hard release schedule's can really mess with game development sometimes. So I'm going to take the stance that I will aim for an update a month .. But updates will take as long as they take.

My plans for the quest log are also a little different from what you guys may be used to. The fact is that most rpgmaker plugins that handle this kind of activity don't work very well when the save data for quests doesn't line up with the new builds data. And this tends to break the quest log in ways that wouldn't be an issue if the save was started on the new build. For that reason I'm not going to add quests to the quest log until their ingame implementation is complete. Several of the cutscenes in the current build are actually the start of certain quests. But you won't find them in the log.

If anyone is interested on content at launch it usually takes me about 4 - 6 hours to play through all the content provided I am reading everything. And not skipping any dialogue. The game contains eight H-Scenes with unique CG at launch and the recollection room is fully implemented. Here's a little screenie!

P1.jpg

I had a rather ornery visitor to my discord the other day. And he did bring up something I'd like to ask you folks. Anybody who has played fractured worlds probably knows I don't really DO the whole blushing virgins route with my game. But someone was very upset about the Absinthe gangbang preview and claimed it constituted NTR.

I'm going to be clear from the get go NTR isn't a theme I feel comfortable writing .. I don't like watching people who are supposed to care about each other betray each other over just lust. I appreciate that some people like it. But it just makes me cringe. So the idea that some people could interpret that scene in that way came as a shock to me.

Many of the characters in the game are sexually experienced in fact .. Virgins are the vast minority. Some are very experienced others less so. But Absinthe is the oldest monster amongst the main cast and therefore .. the most experienced. She's also an exhibitionist and has an aversion to male monsters because of past traumas regarding them.

During her arc the plan is that once you gain the human transformation things can get sexual between you two with her stopping her fooling around almost right away. The dynamics of the relationship change a lot and I won't spoil how things end up with her but let's just say I'd call the scene reverse NTR XD

The only other arc I can see people having a problem with is Jets. Jet is a robot that runs on sexual energy like a succubus and she spent 4000 years without you unable to find you. Because of this it should be obvious that she's had to have a lot of sex. But unlike absinthe for whom it was fun this is a source of great pain for Jet. Because she DOES feel like this was betraying her feelings for the protagonist. But she felt she had to do it because she didn't want to die without meeting him again.

Other girls are also 'experienced' But their histories aren't really relevant and never really come up.

I'd like to know how people feel about arcs like these?

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
To be fair it's nice that you got inspired of Tits or even Coc2, but still it depends on which part were you inspired, for me the fun part of Tits was exactly when there was some risk and it did matter what I did, let me give a few examples:

-In Kiro quest we get Kiro kidnapped and it can actually catch you by surprise, you have to go rescue her and the longer you take the more transformed and trained she is, rescuing her too late and she will be fully trained.

-Quinn has a risky situation in the festival, you can either become the champion and impregnate her or she will be impregnated by another character, still that doesn't break your relationship with her, just that you weren't the father of the child.

I felt much more invested into the game when I had those situations than the overall theme of the game, even more Coc2 for me is more fun because I find fighting the corruption much more interesting than tits treasure hunting, to the point that I would love to see corrupted versions of characters and lust overcoming the world sometimes.

But well, personally having some risks and challenges makes the game more sweet in victory, trying too far to prevent all that stuff in the name of fearing NTR makes the game... uneventful. There are some situations that are more acceptable even if they go more borderline it, for example would you feel it wrong if:

1º Lustful characters that just have fun having sex, be it with you or other characters that they find, this is actually something that happens a lot on Coc2 and tits.

2º Possibility of crewmembers getting together and if you have a good relationship with them join them in a threesome.

3º Some light competition to pursue a character.

I don't consider everything black and white, sometimes people would love to see certain pairings of characters having sex or doing other stuff, just don't add any betrayal feeling or focus on it. This is done quite well on tits in which some characters have girlfriends and you can join in a threesome.

To end... Consequences and failures can be as fun as victories, I would find it 100% more interesting that for example in Coc2 I could lose a companion to corruption, perhaps get some teasing dreams then be able to defeat her and recover her back, but that's just my opiniong, hope it helped!.

Reactions: Crazy_Chameleon

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
Can I avoid having a relationship with a character I don't like? Or are you obligated to continue the story?
Hmmm .. That's a fair point. I do plan to make the futa relationships optional but my plans as they stand run on an affection system. Right now there aren't that many bad decisions relationship wise so you'll probably get the first scene. Unless you consistently offend a character. This is because these first few events on the routes kind of interact with each other. But I do recognize that some players may want certain characters to remain platonic .. However .. In the grand scheme of the games setting. That might well be taken as dislike or disdain. At least amongst the monster characters. I'll give this one some thought. But in the end the main cast romances may not be something I can easily skip. As I would then have to create routes for them that aren't romantic. And that will actually be a lot of extra work. As these aren't characters I can just not have you associate with. Not only that but changing that status would effect how the character interacts with you in other events and routes.

What I will probably do is proceed as planned for now. But if there's enough call for a platonic route with a character .. I will address that particular character. I'm not going to completely dismiss the idea. But the game kind of has a harem form around you. And in that situation leaving a character who needs sex to live out of that while still preserving a positive relationship with them may actually be very difficult.

Besides to explain a game system the titular Currency of Damnation is a magical coin that can grant wishes dependant on the power stored in it and you gain that power by romancing people .. I made the initial decision to make the main cast non optional so you would have some guaranteed power by the endgame. There will be some circumstances where you have to call upon that power to prevent a bad outcome or to create a better outcome of a situation.

The human relationships are all slated to be optional. If you refuse the first sexual encounter you won't be asked again.

Last edited:
Reactions: ✝Fenrir✝

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
To be fair it's nice that you got inspired of Tits or even Coc2, but still it depends on which part were you inspired, for me the fun part of Tits was exactly when there was some risk and it did matter what I did, let me give a few examples:

-In Kiro quest we get Kiro kidnapped and it can actually catch you by surprise, you have to go rescue her and the longer you take the more transformed and trained she is, rescuing her too late and she will be fully trained.

-Quinn has a risky situation in the festival, you can either become the champion and impregnate her or she will be impregnated by another character, still that doesn't break your relationship with her, just that you weren't the father of the child.

I felt much more invested into the game when I had those situations than the overall theme of the game, even more Coc2 for me is more fun because I find fighting the corruption much more interesting than tits treasure hunting, to the point that I would love to see corrupted versions of characters and lust overcoming the world sometimes.

But well, personally having some risks and challenges makes the game more sweet in victory, trying too far to prevent all that stuff in the name of fearing NTR makes the game... uneventful. There are some situations that are more acceptable even if they go more borderline it, for example would you feel it wrong if:

1º Lustful characters that just have fun having sex, be it with you or other characters that they find, this is actually something that happens a lot on Coc2 and tits.

2º Possibility of crewmembers getting together and if you have a good relationship with them join them in a threesome.

3º Some light competition to pursue a character.

I don't consider everything black and white, sometimes people would love to see certain pairings of characters having sex or doing other stuff, just don't add any betrayal feeling or focus on it. This is done quite well on tits in which some characters have girlfriends and you can join in a threesome.

To end... Consequences and failures can be as fun as victories, I would find it 100% more interesting that for example in Coc2 I could lose a companion to corruption, perhaps get some teasing dreams then be able to defeat her and recover her back, but that's just my opiniong, hope it helped!.
I get what you mean but that just isn't that type of game. I'm a new developer and I can't afford to risk upsetting potential platforms by having rape or other sketchy shit in the game and in almost all cases those kind of situations involve rape. I understand the appeal of consequence I really do but I'm not Savin or Fenoxo .. who make Patreon so much money that they probably look the other way XD Besides I don't really want that stuff in my game. I'm not making a political statement here. I just don't like it and I don't like writing it.

When I said I was inspired by CoC I meant more in the area of making dungeons a series of random encounters with some pre scripted events thrown in. Rather than maze's full of annoying to dodge enemies and frustrating puzzles.

Last edited:

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
No, it wasnt a statement about rape or sketchy stuff but about making players care, see our robot succubus? Leave the drama aside and let us do some quest to solve her situation, you dont do it? Then she keeps needing sex and if you dont have sex with her she will have to have sex, no drama or anything like that.

There is some sexual tension between characters? Lets see what we do to try to solve it, perhaps the two girls will get really friendly and have fun, perhaps you dont like them to get so fríendly or you just wanna join in

Thats the stuff I meant, still gonna say that people dont think on the dungeons when you say inspired by coc, rather they would go for sexual freedom, lots of futa, bad endings and transformations.

But seriously, no matter what you do dont try to be full of drama, you have a cast of sexually experienced characters, just let them be more chill about it, have tbem tease each other about their fetishes and stuff and you will have some funny dialogue.

It feels like a big contradicción the tone of the game or at least thats the perception i got.

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
No, it wasnt a statement about rape or sketchy stuff but about making players care, see our robot succubus? Leave the drama aside and let us do some quest to solve her situation, you dont do it? Then she keeps needing sex and if you dont have sex with her she will have to have sex, no drama or anything like that.

There is some sexual tension between characters? Lets see what we do to try to solve it, perhaps the two girls will get really friendly and have fun, perhaps you dont like them to get so fríendly or you just wanna join in

Thats the stuff I meant, still gonna say that people dont think on the dungeons when you say inspired by coc, rather they would go for sexual freedom, lots of futa, bad endings and transformations.

But seriously, no matter what you do dont try to be full of drama, you have a cast of sexually experienced characters, just let them be more chill about it, have tbem tease each other about their fetishes and stuff and you will have some funny dialogue.

It feels like a big contradicción the tone of the game or at least thats the perception i got.
Yeah I didn't word that very well. What I meant was when you take sexual situations and mix them up with failure states well .. failure states should by common sense have negative outcomes. And a negative outcome when it comes to sex would usually trend towards non consensual sex. Or at the very least grey areas such as consent under duress. In fact this is the case with fenoxo's games. Sometimes it's as you describe but the vast majority of 'something bad happens and it's sexual' goes towards NC. That's all I was saying.

Reactions: Choo-choo

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
If anyone is interested on content at launch it usually takes me about 4 - 6 hours to play through all the content provided I am reading everything. And not skipping any dialogue. The game contains eight H-Scenes with unique CG at launch and the recollection room is fully implemented.
Nice, sounds like you've put a lot of work into your content. Any ETA on first release?

Reactions: Crazy_Chameleon

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
Nice, sounds like you've put a lot of work into your content. Any ETA on first release?
A week, Two at the outside. My planned date was the 1st of July but it may be earlier. Depending on a few things like patreon page approval and getting compression sorted. The game is rpgmaker MZ so i'm hoping the same compression software for MV games works. But if it doesn't may have to take some time to get that sorted.

Reactions: Choo-choo

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
I have a working build now that I've given to a few trusted people for testing. I'll be working on refining based on their feedback. At least once discord comes back online XD

I now have a release date .. I'll be launching on Patreon on Monday the 27th June!!

Last edited:
Reactions: kajidiablo