RPGM [RPGM] [Translation Request] [RJ338331] N.P.C.Dreams[I sleep because I am tired]

PitayaPear

Jan 30, 2022
Played over the English MTL and a Chinese fantranslation (mostly made using MTL as well though), and I gotta say that this game is amazing, but it is completely ruined by the English MTL.

It has the potential to be better than BlackSouls, I love the exploration mechanics and the fact that the world seems a lot more alive. The maps are larger and there is more to explore. The fact that exploring the entire map can be done without progressing game advancement by a single point is a genius mechanic and affords the writer a lot more creative room than BlackSouls, which forces some locations to be locked behind a certain point of game progression.

But the best parts has to be the NPC storylines, damn, they make BlackSouls look amateurish. The fact that every NPC has a branching storyline that is based on interactions with other NPCs, which special items you have, and game progress is absolutely amazing.

I would say that in its current state it's not as good as BlackSouls2, but it has the potential to surpass it with the next patch, and it is certainly already a lot better than the original BlackSouls game. But the English translator++ translation is killing me, the Chinese translation is a lot more understandable.

PS: Part of the reason why the English MTL is so bad even by MTL standards is that the original game relies on fixed text because the game relies on the placement of text to give flavor to dialogue. This can be replicated in Chinese without issue but when translated into English completely breaks formatting and translation.

Lmao123027

Aug 9, 2022
If you had problem with text that out of the area, you can fix it by changing the font size (i'm playing this on joiplay so there's option to change font scaling)

Reactions: CaitSith