Ren'Py - Abandoned - Runaway Princess [v0.4 Final] [MobumGames]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Spinxas

Very decent game with a lot of unique models, beautiful renders and CGs. Story truly shines in this game, as it feels relevant and refreshing! Each character has their own development and very different personalities portrayed, which is very refreshing.
    Sadly the gameplay is horrible with a lot of grinding, bars to manage, schedules to remember, half of the quests not displaying on the quest log etc.
    Only recommendation I can suggest is enabling cheats to avoid the unnecessary status bars, grinding and repetitive tasks, as you will have to do A LOT of them.
    Sadly the game is abandoned and most of the scenes are just teasing, hence do not expect a lot of explicit scenes.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

jruoadnr

I found this adult game incredibly enjoyable. It excels in character development, rendering quality, and presents a delightful mix of humor and erotic situations, making it a must-play for mature gamers
  3. 2.00 star(s)

unknow38

v0.4

Let get first thing out of the way: This game has NTR but the majority of it are teaser NTR (grope, kiss, dialog) and not much real action. If you try to avoid NTR atm... You get almost no unique content with the actual companion, but you get 90% of what NTR players gets (might as well play NTR part for some extra teaser). Hell, I am playing for both NTR and non-NTR and I hate both. This game is trying to make enemies from both sides.

The story is barely decent because it is adopting a kind of adventure story with ridiculous harassment plot throw in (to ignite NTR haters) and the huge drawback of this can be seen pretty clearly after you discover the elf mage, everything from that point on is timed. Without walkthrough or prior knowledge, you are bound to lose a lot of scenes when there are not many scenes to see.

Every girl in this game atm is one-time use asset, your character automatically travels to next town regardless of whether you have proceeded all the way or not. I really don't know why dev make sandbox environment in this case because it is a waste of time, it would be much easier just to make VN or kinetic novel with this kind of gameplay.

I am fine with RNG + Combat because I play a lot of dumb grinding RPGM, but I can see why people move away from the game just because of this too.

All and all, 3-star lost for 3 main reasons.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

dickus4756

Great game! The main story is simple with some mystery in it and it gives you the necessary reasons to do some traveling, meeting a lot of interesting characters (and lovely girls) and deal with them the way you want! You can be a jerk or you can be a hero. A lot of fun either way. The girls in this game are wonderful especially Elly, who is both shy and rebellious reacting perfectly in any event going on around her.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Bill Temple

v 0.4 Final
    Most of the graphics are pretty good. The animations aren't bad either. I don't get much out of the jiggle animation for every new expression from a girl during dialogues, but it's fine too.
    That's about the end of the compliments for this game, because it is tedious. If I had it all to do over again, I wouldn't look at this project until I see a completed tag. The problems with the game are not just bugs, of which there are oh so many. The real problems are the overly complex set of game mechanics, inadequately planned out game design, and awkward, inconsistent dialogues.

In order to trigger events you have to memorize the schedules of a half dozen girls. With 24 time slots in each day and more than a dozen locations in whichever town you happen to be in, this isn't a trivial task. The girls also don't always follow a daily routine, doing certain activities only once every two or three days. Dev gave little thought to the schedule of the NPCs, because often there are time slots in the day where you have three different events you have to choose from, and other hours in the day where absolutely nothing ever happens. There's a time limit on each location as well, so you better have a notes app open with your game plan detailed or you're missing a lot of content. On top of that, the unlock criteria for scenes are too complex: achieve the required intimacy and/or love and corruption, have previously completed an unrelated quest in a certain way, have your charm stat high enough, and answered two questions from different conversations 36 and 60 turns ago correctly, then you get the scene. Didn't get all those requirements done? No problem. That opportunity is gone. You won't see that option again. Also, while NTR might be technically optional in many cases, in order to achieve the corruption levels needed to get to even third base with some of the girls, you have to "outsource" some of the corrupting events. You get to watch, of course. You get to peep on your girlfriend being molested by other dudes, to which your character thinks to himself "Hmmm, she's becoming more open-minded". It's not a once or twice thing, either. Your women and constantly under attack from sexual predators. I actually don't hate NTR in a game, but this way of handing corruption is so weird and unrealistic that I can't get interested in the game. While it's not unique to this game, this conflation of intimacy, trust with generalized lewdness is the problem with NTR in games. The idea that one becomes emotionally close with a romantic partner, parlays that intimacy into something sexual, and that act has a corrupting influence on one's partner is absurd. Just because she was willing to give you a blowjob doesn't mean she's suddenly open to the idea of giving a handie to the biggest asshole she knows. Conversely, just because she got forcibly fingerbanged by a stranger, doesn't mean she's more likely to let her crush do the same. In fact, it's just the opposite.

The travel mechanic in the game is ridiculous. The rules on when time advances or when your chibi avatar advances on the path was not something I had the time to fully figure out. It seems that if you hit an encounter, time doesn't advance, but you may gain credit for the movement before the encounter was triggered. On the frequency of encounters, the code gives a 20% chance on each step, but RNG is weird in Renpy, and the result is that waaaay more then 20% of steps trigger an encounter. The most frustrating thing about travel, though, is when you make camp, and cook a meal, no one ever makes enough food. When you have enough fuel and ingredients, this is a dumb way to code the game. IRL, if you and your friends went camping and the friend who was preparing the meal handed you a tiny piece of chicken after an hour of cooking, you'd ask where the rest is. If he replied, that's all I made, you'd ask why. If he didn't have a good answer for you, you'd take off your belt and start whipping him until he begged your forgiveness and promised to stop being a shitty human being. I have no fucking clue why the dev wanted "insufficient meal sizes when camping" to be a game feature, but it's dumb. It just makes you waste another turn and another 30 seconds of your precious time, doing something that adds no value, advances no plot, but does make you wonder if the whole game is just a troll.

Even though the game is developed in Renpy, you shouldn't treat it like a Renpy game. I'm not sure what about the games variables doesn't work well with the rollback feature, but if you use it at the wrong time or scroll back too far, you will again block yourself out of dialogues for 24 turns. Instead, you should save often and load your saves or the autosaves instead of scrolling back.

With the enormous amount of variables documenting each and every decision you make in the game, you'd expect the characters to react appropriately to the MC, other NPCs, and events, but nope. Your girlfriend shows up unexpectedly in a town you've adventured to. Her reaction to you starts lukewarm and never changes. She's staying in the same inn you are, but you don't gain access to her room, like you have with your party members. Your activities with your girlfriend during your two week stay in this town are not tailored to your relationship status. Characters tell the MC about things, then later he tells those things back to the same character, and they act shocked at the revelation, instead of surprised at the low intellect and poor memory of the MC. The playful, flirtatious themed dialogues are the worst, though. They aren't witty or sexy, just cringey.
    Oh, and for the love of god, will someone teach this developer that the word is "butt", not "butts".

I wrote a longer, more comprehensive list of the problems with this game, but I think I've made enough of a point.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

ae644mc6

A game game, if that's what you are looking for this one is great, render quality could be better and UI is not the greatest but if you can power through those things its a blast. Hopefully the dev gathers enough support to finish this one.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

StingerWolf

This one is a little gem. A flawed one nonetheless. It has many bugs, and the system with the limited amount of time in locations can spoil the fun completely. So if I would give it a review without the console cheat to change days, it would get just 3 stars.
    But since for other games I use walkthrough mods as well, it would be fair to consider the day cheat as a mod to enjoy the game better.
    If looked like that, this game shines. Story is interesting, all main and side characters have personality and the amount of content the dev puts in it with each update is remarkable. Not to mention, that the game clearly shows that a lot of heart and soul is put into the development. So in the end I am happy I have discovered this one, and that I did not let the limited time spoil the many wonderful hours this game gave me. I can just reccomend it, but only with using the day command in the enabled console.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

polac45

a great game with lots of potential. renders are good, the story is also nice and the wordbuilding is okay.the only downside are time limits on quests? you would probably miss some scenes because of this and some bugs .overall a great game id rate this a 9/10 for now.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

shotzpro

Great Game 10/10, Art 10/10, History 10/10, a lot of content, secret quests. Not to play once, but multiple times to follow other storlines. Great game!

cons: The game end.

glad you came back Mobum, dont leave us again(Annie's school Day)
  10. 5.00 star(s)

rallolollo

great art 5/5 and story 4.5/5 even if a bit complicated (a walkthrough would be amazing)
    cons : a few weird bugs specifically with some quests and the back option (or wheel up undo) not sure if they are related to the cheat mod (at least the quest related ones) but the back is not (basically is as the choices get's processed the same even if you did "undo them"
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Arrenl

I was thinking i end up 0.4 ver in a hour, this was a big mistake. Game is big enouth, some kind of genius made it, arts are perfect, with very good text lines creates a unique characters, that i belive in. They are different, but still almost all of them good, and can be love interest. I like the gameplay, how he change when you move story forward (but i still hope that i be able to go back and forth between cityes, really like the idea of traveling and random encounter). It's was a good 3 days, i just dived into this story and i want MORE. What a game!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

AnimeHentaiGamer

love the game. there is so much content and story for a 0.4 version. i like all the girls they are very pretty. i also enjoy the optional ntr/sharing of the girls. Randy is my bro and Johnny. i hope the dev's avatar make's into the game cause i love that harley look.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

syrupu

Game definitely needs some polishing, specially the navigation system. But, overall, this is one of the better games in this site. Character designs alone makes this game worth playing, plus having two towns with different routes and tons of content is awesome.
    I wouldn't call this a NTR game as the MC is not a cuck but its definitely not vanilla either. I think it fits into the "maximum corruption" category, which basically lets the player corrupt the girls however he wants, even offering them to other NPC.
    Really looking forward to the next update that will cover the journey back to the initial village.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

botaniq_1

I think this game is the best ren'py rpg on this site. I can't understand why there is so small interest to it
    Girls are great. Amount of content is really huge, especially for a 0.3 version. There is always something to do and progress does not seem so straightforward like in other similar games, where you just repeatedly farm x stats to sleep with another girl
    Only con is bad animation in my opinion but anyway it isa great game overall
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Merseault

still not finished the current version (0.3), though i've already played several hours, but i just have to leave my two cents here:

great game already, a lot do - which i wouldn't call grind, it's exploration & discovering - and it's fun! (and you could always use saveeditonline f.e., if you feel you need to, it's very simple)

love the girls, they're all cute/hot/adorable (petite/normal body-proportions are very welcomed ♥)

nothing for a quick fap, for sure....not that much going on in that deparment until now (i'm still in Phase I though), but i like it that way. there's plenty to do and explore, many nice scenes, etc.

writing is good, can't say much about the story so far, but yeah...fantasy setting and elfish princess, what's not to love :giggle:

render-quality varies, most are good/decent though (developed over time i guess)

and yes: ntr is avoidalbe, so pshhht ;)
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Ignazzio

Review based of version 0.3
    I very rarely review unfinished games but in this case I feel it's worth it.
    It's basically VN with strong, sandboxish feel to it and as such it's pretty unique. It has all the flaws and positives of such a game but quality of it makes pros severly outweighting cons. Version 0.3 has already plenty of content - I'd argue it's more like 0.6,0.7 for most devs, although it's hidden behind grind so might not be obvious enough.
    These I some main points I'd make about it:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ofc there are many more things one could mention and basically all cons are probably temporary since it's just 0.3. Game is really well made and has some great potential with gameplay that could be looped at some point (no time-limit and travelling between cities). Personally I love Randy and tailor parts of the game and hope to see more of it. One thing I'd consider adding is probably a cheat mode tho. For such a complex game with a lot of grind, simple cheat mode could make it playable for those who hate it. Keep it up dev as you're making it right.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Sedid

Like the previous game of Mobum (Annie's school Day), this game is a jewel.
    Heck, it's even better.

The story is interesting, the graphics & the scenes are top notch, the characters are well-thought, and each has their own distinct personality.

This is not a random game, a great deal of work is put into Runaway Princess.
    The grind is not too much of a hassle (let's hope it stays that way).
    For a 0.3 version, the amount of content is incredible.

Keep it up Mobum! :D
  18. 5.00 star(s)

AiKNicK

Good graphics and a lot of content for a 3.0 version. I hope the next versions are similar.
    There are many characters and they are all good. The only thing I would like to be able to return to the original village once it is abandoned.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

FretKarton

Nicely workedout graphics. Some issues are not quite working well, but the developer is always willing to repair strange behaviour of the game. Full of humour, sex and plottwistst, several storylines to find out etc. Not to play once, but multiple times to follow other storlines. Great game!
  20. 3.00 star(s)

bigdog_69

Mobum has a history of making great games, but this is a bit of a disappointment to me, the characters are well made, but I think they lack variety, and the game or characters didn't draw me in like Annie's School Days did. I found the game slightly confusing, and a bit infuriating.