Tool RPGM Running Rpg Maker Games On Android Using Neko Rpgxp Emulator

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
Text in the menus is out of bounds. Might it be a font problem? Do you guys use the default font or a custom one?

KindaSnaps

Oct 17, 2017
Hi, I have a problem, when I try open a game in that app, a problem appears, check.... Any idea how solve?

bakedlazu

Jul 10, 2018
Need help guys. Whenever i tried to play, it tell me that i need to install rgss mobile, but keeps failing from internet error or space.

I have 4gb space available. Any solutions will be welcomed thanks!

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
I claim no knowledge of anything, but might it be related to phone permissions?

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
My phone has the app's folder set up as sdcard/KernysRGSS/.
I just noticed yours is different and longer. Perhaps it can't read other locations?

bakedlazu

Jul 10, 2018
Oh yes thanks man it works now! But now the font has problems. I guess i'll try to find another way around. At least thats one step cleared. Thanks!

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
For me the text is off screen in the menus. Items, equipment, skills, combat, shopping etc, i'm doing it all blind.

Lepuz

Sep 17, 2017
I tried to emulate a game of MV and if it detects and reproduces it, nevertheless the screen comes out much bigger and only one part of the game is seen, any idea?.
Yo intenté emular un juego de MV y si lo detecta y reproduce sin embargo la pantalla sale mucho mas grande y solo se ve una parte del juego, alguna idea?.
Well you need to install another app to help with that, try hackers keyboard .
1- install it and use it as your main keyboard
2- on the settings, tick the " constant notifications
3- run the game, and click on the top right corner of your phone on the "hackers keyboard notification icon, this will open up the keyboard.
4- Click on Fn, then F3
5- Close your door

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
Anyone made it work on android 8 or up? I never made it work on my phone (motorola g5+).

Lepuz

Sep 17, 2017
Anyone made it work on android 8 or up? I never made it work on my phone (motorola g5+).
Well, I use a Huawei P30 , and it works just fine ( by fine I mean, it crashes with the same frequency as anywhere else ) , so maybe the issue it's with the game you are trying to play?

Reactions: kekistanik

Noiremka

Feb 8, 2018
Is the XVI Tower of the Liz working on Neko?

I don't get it how to install it :(
Neko doesn't see the game. I copied the game folder in KernysRGSS and nothing happened. Should i copy exactly zip-archive in KernysRGSS folder?

Also Neko RPGXP says "Could not read folder contents" when i try to change the game folder.

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
What works and what doesn't depends on a few things:
- phone hardware/software
- app version
- game type, language and version
- mood, weather & the sacrificial ritual of 72 male virgins past the age of adulthood

What works today might not work tomorrow and what didn't work before might work now... Better phone, better odds... Oh and the app needs permission set up to access your stuff.

Noiremka

Feb 8, 2018
What works and what doesn't depends on a few things:
- phone hardware/software
- app version
- game type, language and version
- mood, weather & the sacrificial ritual of 72 male virgins past the age of adulthood

What works today might not work tomorrow and what didn't work before might work now... Better phone, better odds... Oh and the app needs permission set up to access your stuff.
So how can i give the permission for app?

Okira

Jan 29, 2018
Pls help

The app cant read my games even tho im already copied it to the folder that they want me to

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
So how can i give the permission for app?
Considering you are the one using your own phone, finding out how to work with it is supposed to be your job...
But for posterity's sake, app permissions should be somewhere in "Settings". Find it and check to see if it's allowed to access storage as i presume it can't access beyond its own folders if not allowed to.
Then again the app might be coded to only recognize the required default folder and nothing else. Meh.

What the error, who know help me plz

View attachment 304030
Looks like either a coding error or an error caused by something classified as data corruption. I recommend reinstall or moving on to greener pastures.

Pls help

The app cant read my games even tho im already copied it to the folder that they want me to
Addendum to the first quote that applies here:
The app doesn't do "custom" all that well. Whether custom paths, custom phones, custom game scripts, they are unlikely to work well.

The thing about this app is that it's made by a Korean (probably) and we're trying to make it work for customized Japanese games on phones that are usually in English... It does not really compute all that well...

Remember that most of the rpgm games here require a Japanese locale set for Windows before even trying to extract them from their archives. Try setting your phones to Japanese and maybe you'll get lucky, but it's ultimately trial and error.

I don't know the criteria the app chooses to show with, but from my experience, it's one that changes on a whim.

I really solved nothing with this post, but i feel satisfied now having posted it.

Noiremka

Feb 8, 2018
Allowed it in permissions in Settings and nothings happens. It has the permission as default.
Maybe i should give it with root (dunno what is it and don't get it how to use it)?
Also when I install the app, it crashes on the first start and i have to restart it/

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
Allowed it in permissions in Settings and nothings happens. It has the permission as default.
Maybe i should give it with root (dunno what is it and don't get it how to use it)?
Also when I install the app, it crashes on the first start and i have to restart it/
If the permission is set, then the problem is elsewhere. And root is the administrative user mode, which is disabled by default. Phones when bought are set for 'guest' mode which stops customers from fumbling around and deleting "system 32" so to speak.
There are guides for how-to, but if you don't understand the risks, it's best to avoid it.

As for the crash, i don't know, it's buggy. Try installing older versions if you're set on it, but anything downloaded outside of the play store is a risk of the unofficial kind.
Apkpure has a lot of old versions if you want to give it a go, but each one has a weird thing going on in some way.

Simply put, the app either works or it's not compatible in its current configuration, please try again as soon as that changes.

PS: Have you tried turning the phone off and on again?

Reactions: Noiremka