Ren'Py - Completed - S.H.E.L.T.E.R. - An Apocalyptic Tale [v1.0] [Winterlook]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Yolomon

10/10 game. Only rating 4 stars because of the half-assed ending. This game had potential but it was abandoned early, but other than that, great game. The art is an absolute 10/10. The pregnancy scenes are also 10/10. The plot is easy and linear to follow. I do wish the settlement wasn't so welcoming to the MC since it feels that the MC had it too easy, but it's fine. Would recommend everyone to play this game.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

CaveGentleman

This game was great! I normally don't go for 2d, but this was truly fun. The characters are impressively designed, displaying meticulous attention to detail. The outcomes and choices are complex, keeping me engrossed in the storyline. The mini-quests are enjoyable, although the daily routine can feel repetitive at times. However, it doesn't diminish the overall entertainment value. Looking forward to exploring more from the talented developers!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2617872

Played like 6-8 times through it and I came so many times...
    Has corruption and romance route for almost all girls ( I just don't remember for sure if all of them has )
    Big tits and also there is one futa possibility if you like those.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Kardless

Positives: gorgeous art, minimal dialogue to get to the good stuff. If you're into impregnation this game will be right up your alley. Story is apt for that.

Negatives: characters lack depth and are a bit one-note - quite boring to put it bluntly. The personalties could be more distinguishable from each other. Game can be grindy at times too in terms of resources.

Overall: pleasing to the eye, would like it more if they were animated but the art is top notch regardless. The game could use a bit more nuance in terms of overall story writing and character personalities, but it's worth a playthrough.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Aryder1337

Good game with spicy pictures of a variety of girls. You get basically two routes, that being vanilla and corruption. Unfortunately lacks animated scenes, but it's not a total deal breaker. The girls' designs, in my opinion, hold up the scenes despite the lack of visual movement.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

loliwitch29

Love how the characters all have their different personalities + the various options stem from MC decision, from tentacles to arach woman. Also like how the romance routes have much more pics than the MB route, and the plot is linear enough my OCD doesn't kill me when I try to collect the whole gallery.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Fuchsschweif

Mom sits in front of son, shows him tits so he can jerk off because she's a doctor and wants to figure out whether his semen are still able to reproduce after the apocalypse.

The text: "She's squeezing her tits against each other and making a little show for you"

The picture: *didn't change*

Dude, you've got ONE job. Your game is a VN with nothing but pictures and text. Don't tell these things in a text box, SHOW them. Don't be lazy. The visuals are like 80% of the game.

Also having the father around all the time sucks. He's like an old creep with voyer fetish. Game would be much better if you were alone with the ladies.

Other than that the game is really cool! Refreshing gameplay with just the right amount of text and great art.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

whotheff

Excelent game with decent visuals, moderate to low grinding, a lot of sexy women (and other.. things :). It has nice visuals with excelent writing and hot sex scenes descriptions. While life in a shelter after an apocalypse is not new, impregnating the women around you is. You get to see a sex scene with every woman you manage to seduce buth - in normal and in pregnant state. The most unique I found is having sex with a pregnant futa (pregnant shemale). Another thing I like about it is the Fallout vibe it has.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

mtnaum

One of the best art styles out there, highly recommended just based on that.

However it's also an excellent example of several fetishes, from free use to blackmail to cuckolding. Recommend the i patch or extended walkthrough+patch for the best experience.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Review for v1.0

Rating this by fuckfest standards, I think it's alright I guess? But if I was looking at this from my usual point of view this rating would be lower. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone looking for any semblance of a more thought out game.

There's very minimal plot and effort before you're fucking your entire family. Do like 2 tasks for each of them and you're in. Pretty much every character is like this. I find it pretty boring, so I ended up skipping a lot of the dialogue because I didn't see much of a point in it after that.

I liked the idea of becoming the town mayor, but very little was actually done with it. It gives you access to some more scenes, but otherwise you just have to grind out food cans to build a couple things. I think a lot could have been done to make it more interesting, but this isn't that kind of game I guess. I cheated the cans in because that grind was not enjoyable.

The art ranged from good to alright, and again the sex scene dialogue was nothing to write home about. Some of the scenarios were hot though, and bonus points for having a mutant spider girl. There becomes a large focus on pregnancy which is not a huge fetish for me so I was rather neutral on it.

Honestly the only real draw to this game is the art I think, for me anyway. If you want to play something where you put in minimal effort to see all the scenes, this game would fit. I get the appeal of wanting just a bit of story and setup for sex scenes without needing a whole ass slow burn, but that does not appeal to me most of the time.
  11. 1.00 star(s)

Gintlar

S.H.E.L.T.E.R. - An Apocalyptic Tale [v1.0] [Winterlook]
    After seeing the high evaluation and Changelog (I don't like visual novel games without actual gameplay, so I check the images and the Changelog) I decided to download this game.
    Well, I don't understand how it can have such a high evaluation.
    Bad characters. The characters seem to have their own characterization at the beginning, but in a few minutes the characters will all become the same, with a characterization of 0.
    Visually mediocre scenes, repetitive gameplay and that does not bring satisfaction to unlock the scenes.
    Mediocre history, at least they have given a motivation to the whole game, nothing original or well written, but at least a minimum of worldbuilding is there.
    Personally I don't recommend the game.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

infiltrator521

Game had good story and good cgs, the characters were enjoyable to watch grow in both lust and belly size when dealing with the male main character. The town was not a particularly well made section in my opinion and the end seemed sudden.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Twoop

A great game with delicious art and options for romancing or corrupting your harem-to-be. The music is nice, the world and characters are interesting enough, but getting to breed each and every single one of them is the highlight.

Hot situations, collecting the harem and progressing through the world are all enjoyable. The game has between one evening and two days of content, a bit more with any replays.

The con is that that the dialogue and descriptions could be more interesting, I found myself skipping most of them, as well as skipping the gameplay loop of having to farm the food cans initially.

All in all, solid enjoyable game! Can't wait to see what the creator makes next.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

_Alexandru_

Character development
    I like that the game offer the opportunity of romance and corruption. For corruption a magic pill is already a
    trop but it explain why the characters are willing to do whatever MC asks for. For romance the relationship build
    a bit slower, with the girl refusing sex at first, but goes into something quite personal after that.

Story
    There is a main story with a possible bad end, so you can not really fuck it up on this. Based on the relation
    that you develop with girls there is a different end story for them. What I did not liked is that the corruption
    path is everything or nothing: you can not corrupt just one of the three main girls, which is quite a shame.

Gameplay
    The game seems rushed sometimes. There are some imaged in the gallery that are actually blancks and during my first
    gameplay I really taugh I missed something. Also if Keira/Melisa/Angela get pregnant the threesome/foursome option
    is still available, without the change in appearance.
    The music goes well with the action.
  15. 3.00 star(s)

-Yor-0728

It is a game that I had on my list to play, and to tell the truth I was looking forward to playing it and I must say that... it was good...

Well in my opinion it was good, neither excellent nor disastrous, just good. The reason is simple, I feel that it developed very quickly... that is, relationships develop with few interactions and that's it... that's a bit bad from my point of view because I didn't see such a concrete evolution in terms of how it developed relationships with waifus possible.

Something that I didn't like was, that if I didn't have a guide, I wouldn't know what the hell to do, to get the harem ending, that is to say, that you don't have an internal guide of what you can do, so you could be in a loop in which you will not advance in any route. Well that's just my opinion, I like to play a game with at least an idea of what I have to do... I mean this is not a strategy game and you have to dedicate a lot of mind to it... it's a erotic/adult game...

Summary:

o Character Design/Visual: 5/5 (The art was good, there was detail in certain parts that surprised me, it was good in this area)
    o Background music/sound: 3/5 (There was only background music and I think I only listen to like 3 or 4 types of songs. There is no kind of moan.)
    o Plot: 4/5 (Well, I've played several games with the concept of the end of the world and this is not the first, it was good, but I feel that the concept of "End of the world" did not have any weight in the plot beyond just saying "it's the end of the world")
    o Animation: 3/5 (There was really no animation as such, let's just say one frame transitions to another, but it was passable for the explicit scenes.)
    o +18 Scenes: 3.5/5 (Well each waifu has a considerable number of scenes (quite a few in the main 3) however I feel there is no solid context of "the reason why you get the scene"... It may just be my taste, but I like this section I would rate it as good enough not to be bad.)
    o Gameplay: 2.5/5 (What I consider the Achilles heel. It's a game of clicking and actions per day, however since the game doesn't tell you what to do internally, you can be in a loop where the story doesn't advance, so I qualify this as "you almost made it good".)
    Interface: 5/5

Well, if you even have an idea of what to do, you can get the scenes fast in this game, it's a game where you don't waste a lot of time, but there really isn't anything argumentatively solid that catches your attention, beyond the scenes +18 , the reason is simple, if you only want to see +18 scenes, search the internet for images and that's it, if you play a +18 game, at least I hope I have a good context/plot/development or something like that

However, it is a normal/good game, so if you have the opportunity to play it... do it but without so many expectations

16. 5.00 star(s)

usurpatore

I liked everything of this game. Good story, nice character, fantastic drawings.
    A lot of kink are present in the sex scenes.
    You have a lot of option and route.
    You also have enough freedom to go around the world. You don't have to follow absolutely the main story
  17. 3.00 star(s)

pr83

Pretty good for what it is albeit a bit grindy. The art is pretty good to great, lots of heroines each with their own backstory and stereotype, decent amount of kinks but still ends up feeling a bit samey because how each girl kinda ends up the same once you finish their routes. And while the art is great the variety isn't, CGs are static with slight expression alterations and on top of that there are no voice acting, so they sometimes end up feeling a bit repetitive to wade through all the text in h scenes.
    All in all I'd say this is a pretty decent repny project. There are lots to like and very little to dislike. We don't get many competed non japanes projects these days consisting of this many heroines with two different routes each where the art is good and with very little gameplay grind since there is basically no gameplay here. You basically progress by stocking up on 2 different resources that you get a small amounts everyday and as the plot progresses the quantity increases. My only gripe other than the ones mentioned above is that the main antagonist doesn't get as many events and opportunities as I would have liked.
    It's definitely a 3.5 rather than a 2.5
  18. 3.00 star(s)

JRelengod

Put simply the art is stellar in the game with good scenes and a wide variety of characters. I think if you're just looking for a good looking H game then this is perfect. That said the grind in this game is annoying beyond belief, its basically just "keep clicking until you have enough items to unlock the next scene". Maybe if there were a few minigames involved it would be bearable but as it stands there's no interesting plot, the characters are a bit one note, and the gameplay is non-existent. Its strange because the art is so good but everything else sucks. So again, if you just want sexy stuff and don't care about any of the above issues this is probably a 5/5 for you, but if you want story or gameplay this is pretty bad.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

skilly

I really liked this. The art is very good and each girl is distinct, which is something that a lot of other games can suffer from. If I could give this a 4.5 I would. The only thing that I would add to improve this would be animations to the scenes. Other than that I think that this VN is almost perfect.

Each of the three main ladies stories going from a housemate to a lover was well done, I think. Angela would probably be my favorite character. Each character stood out from the others and made the setting of S.H.E.L.T.E.R. believable.

The main story was serviceable. Not terrible by any means, but it wasn't too compelling. The post-apocalyptic setting though is something that I enjoyed and not a lot of other games/VNs use it.

The moment-to-moment gameplay was nothing too special. This was very much similar to other VNs. This is more for the story and characters than it is for fun gameplay.

Overall, S.H.E.L.T.E.R. is a very enjoyable VN. I didn't run into any glaring bugs or issues with Ren'Py. The mod may cause some problems but the vanilla game ran with little to no problem for me. This is a slightly shorter VN that should be checked out. The characters are sweet and the setting as well is something underutilized for similar games/VNs.
  20. 3.00 star(s)

accountant2992

i have been going back and forth with myself about this rating.
    on the one hand the game has lots of scenes and many girls
    on the other hand there is not much art to see its always just 1 photo with a couple of edits to show when the girl is doing a perverted face and when u cum in or on her.
    it really turned me off big time.
    i played only corruption path but i will come back and play the romance path later for all the girls.
    i can understand japanese games with this kind of art output, because they have voice over for all the girls, but shelter here its just 1 photo and text, it gets extremely boring and boner killing .