QSP Abandoned Saint Petersburg Adventures [v1.02 test] [toolkitxx]

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Since i mentioned being in Corona Crisis Mode for the time being i thought it might be a good time to also give a status update of where things are currently:

Some might have wondered why i havnt published another update yet - so i start with that. SPA will be kind of grindy in certain aspects as it is 2 things in its main core: a life sim combined with a dating sim. Both by definition require you to 'work' up stats and/or traits. During the early development phases i came across a few hurdles that forced me to redesign quite a few elements of the original data design i was working with until then. I also quickly learned that the original design wouldnt have been stable enough in the long term as i and my testgroup where able to break the game quite seriously a few times.

With the above in mind changes where made and instead of being less complex the entire structure obviously became even more complex than it was in the beginning. Part of this complexity is connected to the media. As i opted for using real life images or movies instead of going for DAZ or similar handmade scenes the approach for the media used is also different to most other projects. QSP itself has nothing inbuild for advanced media handling like searching for certain tags etc - all this had to be coded anew by myself and is still not fully finished.

One of my main concerns has always always been to avoid redundant information - be it at data level or code itself. Avoiding redundant code is far easier than avoiding redundant data - especially where media is involved. Many scenes or pictures are often just a fragment of a bigger media block - think of it like picking a time limited clip out of a full sized movie. This is causing me still major headaches to get solved as the alternative is as bad and would be the opposite of my main concern. Creating sub-clips and saving them seperate from their original package very quickly creates such redundancies not to mention the added workload of editing the sources to create such clips.

Thus the major delay as this feature is one of the most integral parts to keep SPA developing smoothly into the future and not just end after just a few content upgrades and having the bugs taking over the project.

Thanks for all the kind words so far and your continued patience with me.​

ohhellyea

Jun 7, 2020
just found this game, looks interesting, but can't do anything, just stuck at get revenge quest, is there anything beyond this? or is this the end of the content

Reactions: toolkitxx

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
just found this game, looks interesting, but can't do anything, just stuck at get revenge quest, is there anything beyond this? or is this the end of the content
That was all the content in the test version. I have been redesigning quite a lot of things since then and when all those core things have been thoroughly tested I will begin publishing regular versions - but not before.

Reactions: GreatBuddy

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
OnHold for too long under our guidelines, unfortunately.

Marked as Abandoned, but that status would change with a future release.
I rather prefer you delete the thread instead of being set to abandoned.

I will choose a new home for the project thus the thread is no longer relevant here on F95.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Sad news indeed! Hope you're well TK.
I am fine - no worries. Just have no interest in people thinking something is abandoned when it is not and house rules work against ones speed. So I change home for the project and want the thread here deleted but work continues as before.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
I am fine - no worries. Just have no interest in people thinking something is abandoned when it is not and house rules work against ones speed. So I change home for the project and want the thread here deleted but work continues as before.
It wouldnt be marked abandoned if there was some sort of place you list your update progress. If it is in this thread, then the abandon tag is not justified. If there is no progress updates or signs of activity on the game, then it falls within our rules to mark it abandoned.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
It wouldnt be marked abandoned if there was some sort of place you list your update progress. If it is in this thread, then the abandon tag is not justified. If there is no progress updates or signs of activity on the game, then it falls within our rules to mark it abandoned.
I am not arguing your ruling - i simply asked to delete this thread

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
I am not arguing your ruling - i simply asked to delete this thread
We're an open forum and don't place restrictions on what content is shared, so we're unable to help in this situation. Bear in mind we're 1 of 10s of sites where your content is being accessed.

We're a little bit of a weird community; we're a piracy site with hundreds of active developers engaging with the community. I believe most of them overlook the 'sharing' aspect as they're able to obtain feedback about their builds as well as receive a lot of publicity. Please also note, that 1 download doesn't mean 1 lost patron.

Many of our members are active on Patreon and go on to support content creators they enjoy, I hope the same is true for you. Good luck with your content, we wish you the best, and we sincerely hope you decide to stick around.

Canned message and thread wont be deleted

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
We're an open forum and don't place restrictions on what content is shared, so we're unable to help in this situation. Bear in mind we're 1 of 10s of sites where your content is being accessed.

We're a little bit of a weird community; we're a piracy site with hundreds of active developers engaging with the community. I believe most of them overlook the 'sharing' aspect as they're able to obtain feedback about their builds as well as receive a lot of publicity. Please also note, that 1 download doesn't mean 1 lost patron.

Many of our members are active on Patreon and go on to support content creators they enjoy, I hope the same is true for you. Good luck with your content, we wish you the best, and we sincerely hope you decide to stick around.

Canned message and thread wont be deleted
I have been around since 2017 - i created this thread. So stop beating around the bush and simply delete the thread please.

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
Ironically I'd completely forgot this thread existed until the dev bumped it to ask for it to be deleted

Reactions: toolkitxx
3.00 star(s) 3 Votes