Others Sanctuary in Time [v1.4.6] [Novus Operandi Game Design]

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes

BRyoung77

Apr 2, 2020
ok i changed my mind i really like this game. but one thing. how he heck do you change their outfits??? i have gotten several but no clue how to change them

Reactions: NovusOperandi

NovusOperandi

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2023
ok i changed my mind i really like this game. but one thing. how he heck do you change their outfits??? i have gotten several but no clue how to change them
Hello, BRyoung77. Thanks for checking out the game! Once a follower reaches 'Very Trusting' devotion or higher, you can manage what outfits they wear. First, click the Manage button on their file card, then 'Buy Outfits' to open the shop interface. Here you can use resources to buy any outfits that have unlocked due to skill or devotion advancement. Once purchased, close this pop-up and select the desired outfit from the 'Follower Outfit' drop-down on the screen beneath it. Hope that helps!

Reactions: BRyoung77

BRyoung77

Apr 2, 2020
Hello, BRyoung77. Thanks for checking out the game! Once a follower reaches 'Very Trusting' devotion or higher, you can manage what outfits they wear. First, click the Manage button on their file card, then 'Buy Outfits' to open the shop interface. Here you can use resources to buy any outfits that have unlocked due to skill or devotion advancement. Once purchased, close this pop-up and select the desired outfit from the 'Follower Outfit' drop-down on the screen beneath it. Hope that helps!
Thanks! I actually just finished the main game its great! Eventually i want to get the full edition on your patreon i just cant afford it at the moment.

Hallucination

Apr 9, 2018
So, judging from the fact you're getting reviews I'm assuming this is some kind of mistake but running this through Virus Total uh...
Screenshot 2023-11-21 235303.png
Kind of iffy about things that delete System32 files.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: herbz

NovusOperandi

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2023
So, judging from the fact you're getting reviews I'm assuming this is some kind of mistake but running this through Virus Total uh...
View attachment 3107764
Kind of iffy about things that delete System32 files.
Hello, Hallucination. I'm not 100% sure why that file is being deleted when the application runs, but I don't think it's a cause for concern. According to a Google search, "Windows cache.dat files are temporary files created by Windows to store frequently accessed data. These files are used to speed up the performance of your computer by reducing the time it takes to access frequently used data. The cache.dat files are created by various applications, including web browsers, email clients, and other software that stores temporary data on your computer." So, the automatic deletion of that file may just be part of the "cleaning up" process when the application opens and closes. That would be my guess at any rate. To the best of my knowledge, the program is safe to run & virus-free.

But, I do thank you for your vigilance. It's always a good idea to keep an eye out for possible issues.(y)

Hallucination

Apr 9, 2018
Hello, Hallucination. I'm not 100% sure why that file is being deleted when the application runs, but I don't think it's a cause for concern. According to a Google search, "Windows cache.dat files are temporary files created by Windows to store frequently accessed data. These files are used to speed up the performance of your computer by reducing the time it takes to access frequently used data. The cache.dat files are created by various applications, including web browsers, email clients, and other software that stores temporary data on your computer." So, the automatic deletion of that file may just be part of the "cleaning up" process when the application opens and closes. That would be my guess at any rate. To the best of my knowledge, the program is safe to run & virus-free.

But, I do thank you for your vigilance. It's always a good idea to keep an eye out for possible issues.(y)
Yeah, the reason I assumed it was a mistake is because deleting anything important in System32 would cause immediate and catastrophic problems that would have been definitely noticed by now, and looking up that particular file it seems that deleting it is actually a possible solution to your Windows OS license randomly being unable to verify.

Hallucination

Apr 9, 2018
While you've made it clear that the play of the game is going to be about training an extremely competent group of women to do things that you can't, the random chance of both finding a candidate and their randomized traits make me want an extra personal action to go with coaching especially when you don't have any girls that need coaching at the moment. So maybe add an action that increases the chance or even guarantees an event at the end of the turn.

NovusOperandi

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2023
While you've made it clear that the play of the game is going to be about training an extremely competent group of women to do things that you can't, the random chance of both finding a candidate and their randomized traits make me want an extra personal action to go with coaching especially when you don't have any girls that need coaching at the moment. So maybe add an action that increases the chance or even guarantees an event at the end of the turn.
Thank you for the feedback, Hallucination. I'll keep that in mind. (y)

alltreck

Nov 20, 2018
Can the girls that attack your base (Hildabjörn and Ulfabrosa) actually join you? There is an option, and I have 38% chance. But I've been loading and trying around 10 times with no result. Is it my bad luck or am I missing something?

Edit: worked in the end.

Last edited:

NovusOperandi

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2023
Can the girls that attack your base (Hildabjörn and Ulfabrosa) actually join you? There is an option, and I have 38% chance. But I've been loading and trying around 10 times with no result. Is it my bad luck or am I missing something?

Edit: worked in the end.
Glad it worked out for you. For future reference, if you spare the soldiers of an attacking force, it can increase your chances to recruit their commander(s). (y)

Reactions: alltreck

nantou

Dec 21, 2016
I bought the game on itch.io and when I advance turns and continue 1 out of 2 times I just get a blank screen without any option to advances,

NovusOperandi

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2023
I bought the game on itch.io and when I advance turns and continue 1 out of 2 times I just get a blank screen without any option to advances,
I'm sorry to hear that's happening, nantou. If you're able, send a copy of your save file to me at max.ingram@novusoperandigames.com and I can try to figure out what's causing the issue. By our powers combined, I'm sure we can find a solution. (y)

NovusOperandi

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2023
Greetings, one and all!

Sanctuary in Time is NOW AVAILABLE to purchase on Steam w/ all-new, quality-of-life updates! Plus, a limited-time 15% discount! It took quite a bit of work to make it happen, but I'm hoping the results speak for themselves. If you're so inclined, please head over and check it out. And remember, reviews are VERY MUCH appreciated. Thank you!

Exclusive benefits of the Steam release:
  • Cloud back up of save files.
  • Automatic game installation via the Steam client.
  • Automatic, smart updating of game files from one version to the next. (Which can also result in smaller download sizes for updates.)
  • Automatic migration of save & settings files from Free Edition (demo) to Complete Edition.

Max (Novus Operandi)

NovusOperandi

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2023
seems to have some kind of issue with python's PIL and fonts when trying to run in Wine.
Thanks for checking out the game, IcedQuinn. Linux is not currently a supported platform for Sanctuary in Time, so I can't guarantee what kind of results you'll get under Wine emulation. The only supported platform at present is Windows.

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes