Others Sanctuary in Time [v1.4.6] [Novus Operandi Game Design]

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Slaylife

Aug 21, 2016
So this game got incest now?

On the Steam forum it says there is such stuff while on this thread there is no mention in the tags.

NovusOperandi

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2023
Yes. While the main focus of the game is not incest content, that fetish is present in some scenarios.

Thanks for bringing the tag discrepancy to my attention. Those hadn't been updated in some time, so I just added some new ones to bring them up-to-date (including 'incest'). Hope you enjoy the game!

• Red Heart
Reactions: vaaf and Gojii

Slaylife

Aug 21, 2016
Yes. While the main focus of the game is not incest content, that fetish is present in some scenarios.

Thanks for bringing the tag discrepancy to my attention. Those hadn't been updated in some time, so I just added some new ones to bring them up-to-date (including 'incest'). Hope you enjoy the game!
Interesting, is there any mom-son content or planned to be added?

Reactions: vaaf

almogo0o

Dec 4, 2018
Need help with a bug I'm having with the current version, when I try to run it, I get the following error: 1703812053448.png

From searching around I noticed that "OSError: cannot open resource" usually means it can't find some font, anyone else has this?

NovusOperandi

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2023
Greetings, one and all!

Version 0.4.3 of Sanctuary in Time is now available to the public! We've got some exciting changes for this release, including the chance to save family members from the clutches of cruel slavers (and then romance them), new cosmetic updates, balancing changes, bug fixes and more!

The Complete Edition of the game is also currently available for a 15% discount (on Itch & Steam)!
Read the full changelog on , , or .

So, dive in, check it out, and let me know what you think. But remember...

Above all else, have fun!

almogo0o

Dec 4, 2018
Need help with a bug I'm having with the current version, when I try to run it, I get the following error: View attachment 3213321

From searching around I noticed that "OSError: cannot open resource" usually means it can't find some font, anyone else has this?
If someone else is having the same problem, the fix was installing the following font: seguisym.ttf it should come with Windows by default, but you can download it from: in case it is missing

pearllurk

Dec 25, 2018
Greetings, one and all!

Version 0.4.3 of Sanctuary in Time is now available to the public! We've got some exciting changes for this release, including the chance to save family members from the clutches of cruel slavers (and then romance them), new cosmetic updates, balancing changes, bug fixes and more!

The Complete Edition of the game is also currently available for a 15% discount (on Itch & Steam)!

You should consider switching from using pickle files to something like JSON. You can still serialize classes, but pickle is un-safe (potentially executing arbitrary code), slow, language specific, and not human-readable. While this may not feel important for your erotic text game, its good practice.

I make this suggestion and request mostly because I want to make some modifications to followers not included in the base game, but I don't want to write a custom unpickler to do so.

Reactions: nk0x

nk0x

Aug 28, 2019
You should consider switching from using pickle files to something like JSON. You can still serialize classes, but pickle is un-safe (potentially executing arbitrary code), slow, language specific, and not human-readable. While this may not feel important for your erotic text game, its good practice.

I make this suggestion and request mostly because I want to make some modifications to followers not included in the base game, but I don't want to write a custom unpickler to do so.
I definitely think that would be nice, I understand if u want to protect your cheat version so that people can't edit their saves, but the people that are going to go to the effort to edit stuff probably aren't the same people that would be paying JUST FOR CHEATS y'know.

pearllurk

Dec 25, 2018
Really? Many has posted benchmarks what pickling is kinda faster than json, unless for some weird reason you would use ancient v1 protocol instead of modern ones like v3.
Yeah, you are right about that. I was sort of just listing off issues with Pickle, but Pickle is indeed faster than JSON in almost every case(binary representation), but the difference is relatively big but absolutely small. Serialization in general is just expensive, but it should be done fairly infrequently here. But you are right, its bad argument for using Pickle over JSON. The other points still stand.

I know the dev has done a good job of adding customization options, but there are still some changes that perhaps don't make sense from a gameplay perspective that more determined players would like to modify. Without writing a custom unpickler.

MyMetalBoxes

Sep 26, 2020
How come we pull out people only from the past? Why don't we reach into the future (or possible futures)? Cyberpunk, post-apocalyptic, space opera or just general dystopia timelines have no less shortage of damsels to pull out of mortal distress than medieval and ancient times.

And on a similar note, why do we limit ourselves to primitive or primitve-looking tech? Apart from using holo-tech to give wings of light to some high-level outfit we limit the girls to primitive technology Why can't we outfit girls with some actually high-tech weapons and armour? Blasters and exoskeletons, the latter can still be very skimpy-looking. Or melee weapons running on high tech - laser lance, photon hammers, you name it. Heavy Metal magazine showed that it can be done and it can look cool.

And to continue from the previous point, do you plan adding other gear to girls apart from outfits? Like weapons or tools of the trade, depending on the occupation.

NovusOperandi

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2023
Greetings, one and all!

Version 0.4.4 of Sanctuary in Time is now available to the public! We've got some big changes in this release, including a complete overhaul of the undressing system used in the game (yes, it's item-by-item now), more control over when dating happens, more individual sex responses, balancing changes, bug fixes and more!

The Complete Edition of the game is also currently available for a 15% discount on Itch!

Max (Novus Operandi)

Cavpal

May 24, 2017
Fuck, another murdered father! The curse of the hentai games is still alive, guys; press F in chat to pay your respects.

Incombat

Apr 27, 2017
Fuck, another murdered father! The curse of the hentai games is still alive, guys; press F in chat to pay your respects.
not unless you are the father with perfect Y-chromosome death rate, than YOU are protagonist :WeSmart:

Rittermeister

May 22, 2022
Is there any chance you can reduce the average age of the women who pop up? In several playthroughs I've gotten tons of women over 40 and very few under it. No offense to anyone, but 60-year-olds don't really do it for me.

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes