RPGM Sand's Grey Cells [Ninifu]

msme

Jun 7, 2020
ENG Title: Sand's Grey Cells
JP title: 砂漠のグレイセル
LINK : (developer twitter is )
Description : 2D side-scrolling platformer focusing on a variety of petrification, also some animal transformations. Currently under development.
Sample pictures : 1688607093666.png 1688607125283.png 1688607168201.png 1688607190201.png

Reactions: Nepler

zorozoro

Aug 2, 2019
Any idea how to finish this? The floating sliding platforms part was difficult enough, but the girl after that seems impossible to beat... She just spams attacks

Nepler

Jul 15, 2020
Any idea how to finish this? The floating sliding platforms part was difficult enough, but the girl after that seems impossible to beat... She just spams attacks
I'm not even sure we're supposed to fight her

Beerbaron

Nov 7, 2020
Which Boss? Do you mean Ibong Adarna (Rainbow Girl)? Or Koshchei (Rabbit Boss)?
I assume its the first boss since its a huge difficulty spike at the start of the game (Ibong Adarna). Let me know though.

Also, got approval from the dev to give this out, I have a working english translation for this. Haven't poked it in a few months but didn't run into any issues with 0.44 last I tested it.

Updated, see below!

Last edited:

James7202

Dec 5, 2023
Right above you is a link to an English Translation file. Just download the main game and replace the files with the Translation and it should work
I am actually thicker than oatmeal. lol. Didnt even see that.
Does anyone know where the translation files are located in the game? I have been looking but with my little programming knowledge I have no idea what I am looking for.

Beerbaron

Nov 7, 2020
Should just need to Replace the JSON files and some of the Plugins if I recall. Just unzip the files from the mega link in the "www" folder, and it should work

Last edited:

Lilitas72

Jan 21, 2020
I see the dev posting a bazillion pics of updates they're making to the game... but nothing about an actual update to the download. Is there an update past version 0.4x hidden somewhere?

Beerbaron

Nov 7, 2020
I see the dev posting a bazillion pics of updates they're making to the game... but nothing about an actual update to the download. Is there an update past version 0.4x hidden somewhere?
None so far that I have seen. They mentioned that they wanted to put out the next update at the end of 2023 like they did with 4.x back in 2022, but because they have been increasing the quality of the images, they didn't manage to make it in time.

Reactions: msme and Lilitas72

Beerbaron

Nov 7, 2020
Lots of updates of the progress on twitter over the last year, but no word on when the next update will drop.

Reactions: ctg127

ctg127

Nov 12, 2020
Lots of updates of the progress on twitter over the last year, but no word on when the next update will drop.
Fair enough. Also I thought I'd ask but have you ever gotten this error? It's the room next to the plant boss and it prevents me from entering.

Also thanks a ton for doing the English translation <3

2222111.PNG

dddddd.PNG

Beerbaron

Nov 7, 2020
Fair enough. Also I thought I'd ask but have you ever gotten this error? It's the room next to the plant boss and it prevents me from entering.

Also thanks a ton for doing the English translation <3

View attachment 3408250

View attachment 3408255
Huh. Interesting. Double checked, I can enter the door with mine.
I suspect you are on Version 0.4.2. The link mentioned in the OP goes to it, so that is probably the issue.
Current version is 0.4.4 and has a non-active new enemy in that room (The Bee Queen?). Doesn't attack you and I suspect it was in there for testing.

0.4.4 doesn't really have new content though before anyone gets excited. Bug fixes I believe

Updated:

Last edited:
Reactions: Lloyd Dunamis

ctg127

Nov 12, 2020
Huh. Interesting. Double checked, I can enter the door with mine.
I suspect you are on Version 0.4.2. The link mentioned in the OP goes to it, so that is probably the issue.
Current version is 0.4.4 and has a non-active new enemy in that room (The Bee Queen?). Doesn't attack you and I suspect it was in there for testing.

0.4.4 doesn't really have new content though before anyone gets excited. Bug fixes I believe

Tweet of 0.4.4:
File Itself:
Ah okay thanks, I believe you're right! I downloaded from tfgames and only seeing now that its Version: 0.4.0

EDIT: Apparently the one on tfgames site is the same link from the first post here too

Beerbaron

Nov 7, 2020
Ah okay thanks, I believe you're right! I downloaded from tfgames and only seeing now that its Version: 0.4.0

EDIT: Apparently the one on tfgames site is the same link from the first post here too
Perfect. Only thing I kept running into bug wise after I cleaned up translations was the weird issue on the Dog Boss where you would be unable to kill the boss, but I encountered that in the non-translated version, so it wasn't me!

I did another full playthrough after finishing the translation and didn't run into any crashes, but I could have still missed stuff so let me know.

For the record, Hard Mode is sadistic and evil. Quetzalcoatl (Chocolate World - Final Boss) in particular was a NIGHTMARE.

• Haha

ctg127

Nov 12, 2020
Perfect. Only thing I kept running into bug wise after I cleaned up translations was the weird issue on the Dog Boss where you would be unable to kill the boss, but I encountered that in the non-translated version, so it wasn't me!

I did another full playthrough after finishing the translation and didn't run into any crashes, but I could have still missed stuff so let me know.

For the record, Hard Mode is sadistic and evil. Quetzalcoatl (Chocolate World - Final Boss) in particular was a NIGHTMARE.
Lol, I struggle on Easy so much that I edited my save to give more stats, I can't imagine doing hard!

Beerbaron

Nov 7, 2020
Early Game is the toughest, but every boss is weak to one of your spells (ala Mega Man), which can help speed up kills to prevent situations getting out of hand. Everything after Chocolate Boss is SO much easier in comparison.

Some later bosses you can really trivialize with the right spell or strategy. Special Mention to the Spider Boss who is absurdly easy with a certain spell.

ctg127

Nov 12, 2020
Early Game is the toughest, but every boss is weak to one of your spells (ala Mega Man), which can help speed up kills to prevent situations getting out of hand. Everything after Chocolate Boss is SO much easier in comparison.

Some later bosses you can really trivialize with the right spell or strategy. Special Mention to the Spider Boss who is absurdly easy with a certain spell.
Ya, It definitely gets a lot more playable after the second boss when you get access to more movement abilities like double jump and the kicking mid air

Reactions: Beerbaron