Who's your favorite character in SandStorm?

• Maddie

Votes: 841 28.4%
  • Nora

Votes: 842 28.4%
  • Rion

Votes: 1,248 42.2%
  • The Priestess

Votes: 476 16.1%

• Total voters

absalon1977

Jun 5, 2018
Seems like it's been discussed to death in previous pages so forgive me for the questions but:
1. You pick one girl and the others are essentially closed off, but do you have to watch the other girl's scenes with other guys or is it just mentioned/optional whether or not you watch? From what I've read they happen regardless of your choices unless someone wants to correct me-which if you want to do different paths on different playthroughs kinda sucks especially if you have to see it
2. Is it particularly difficult to avoid accidentally going down an NTR path with your selected girl when you're not meaning to? Read quite a few posts that said you have to pay really close attention or risk running into a scene which is not something I want to bother with if so
3. Are there any plans at all to make a harem path/have a mod that enables it? I've read it's not a plan and wouldn't fit with the story but I personally would rather see a slightly less sensical story that I enjoy than watch chicks I wanted to try on other playthroughs end up with others
Appreciate people's time
I will try giving some answers. There are 3 girls that are LI i have only played 2 of the paths, i was not interested in the third one but i never encountered anything sexual at all regarding the third one, in my playthroughs it was pretty easy too stick with romance for those 2 girls, from what i know following the route of the third one maddie close of anything with the others, the 2 other girls are different there is a throuble route for those treesome romance route thats my main playthrough, that route required some replaying for me too get though. The point system in the game works like this, most of the time you loose points with the other 2 girls if you favor one so following one route quickly distance the others. One of the reasons why it is still possible too have high affection with 2 girls is that the second girl in the treesome route only appear after a few updates.

Reactions: ThaRealThiccShady

ThaRealThiccShady

Mar 16, 2020
I will try giving some answers. There are 3 girls that are LI i have only played 2 of the paths, i was not interested in the third one but i never encountered anything sexual at all regarding the third one, in my playthroughs it was pretty easy too stick with romance for those 2 girls, from what i know following the route of the third one maddie close of anything with the others, the 2 other girls are different there is a throuble route for those treesome romance route thats my main playthrough, that route required some replaying for me too get though. The point system in the game works like this, most of the time you loose points with the other 2 girls if you favor one so following one route quickly distance the others. One of the reasons why it is still possible too have high affection with 2 girls is that the second girl in the treesome route only appear after a few updates.
Appreciate your time my dude! So basically we either have to be real careful/vigilant or use Unren to keep cheating points into our chosen path(Not that I ever would ). In that case is the only thing steering girls to other paths the lack of requisite points and you could just add every possible point to everyone as they come up and goo down every path?

absalon1977

Jun 5, 2018
Appreciate your time my dude! So basically we either have to be real careful/vigilant or use Unren to keep cheating points into our chosen path(Not that I ever would ). In that case is the only thing steering girls to other paths the lack of requisite points and you could just add every possible point to everyone as they come up and goo down every path?
Too a certain degree, there is a evil route that require evil points those points are hidden, also you do need certain scenes too progress on a route, you can keep track of your points in game so you notice immidiatly if you loose points, when important choices appear the game warns you. I also should mention the first girl in the treesome route have a boyfriend, but if you follow her route it quickly becomes clear that they are not doing well. I have tried cheating in points one time that was too help me figure out how too get the treesome route, in that case the third girl acted more positive towards me but i did not have any scenes with her before, so there was no option too follow her route from that point at least thats how i remember it.

name

Mar 8, 2017
Seems like it's been discussed to death in previous pages so forgive me for the questions but:
1. You pick one girl and the others are essentially closed off, but do you have to watch the other girl's scenes with other guys or is it just mentioned/optional whether or not you watch? From what I've read they happen regardless of your choices unless someone wants to correct me-which if you want to do different paths on different playthroughs kinda sucks especially if you have to see it
2. Is it particularly difficult to avoid accidentally going down an NTR path with your selected girl when you're not meaning to? Read quite a few posts that said you have to pay really close attention or risk running into a scene which is not something I want to bother with if so
3. Are there any plans at all to make a harem path/have a mod that enables it? I've read it's not a plan and wouldn't fit with the story but I personally would rather see a slightly less sensical story that I enjoy than watch chicks I wanted to try on other playthroughs end up with others
Appreciate people's time
1. the girls you didnt pick will sleep with others, but you never actually have to see the act. in fact, theres really only two scenes where thats even an option (one of those being with another woman). maybe three scenes if you count hearing things through a door
2. with Rion you can act evil and make her fuck other guys in her evil route, its very obvious. the other two dont really have choices like that for their routes
3. Rion/Nora is a route, but as for having all three i doubt it

ThaRealThiccShady

Mar 16, 2020
Too a certain degree, there is a evil route that require evil points those points are hidden, also you do need certain scenes too progress on a route, you can keep track of your points in game so you notice immidiatly if you loose points, when important choices appear the game warns you. I also should mention the first girl in the treesome route have a boyfriend, but if you follow her route it quickly becomes clear that they are not doing well. I have tried cheating in points one time that was too help me figure out how too get the treesome route, in that case the third girl acted more positive towards me but i did not have any scenes with her before, so there was no option too follow her route from that point at least thats how i remember it.
Gotcha, thanks again. If I do pick this up(Which given the 20-30 other VNs I have waiting in the que will be awhile even if so) I'll have a look at the dev menu and see if I can tweak certain scenes True/False even if I don't pick them on that playthrough to see what happens. I've done that a few times before with varying degrees of success(Become A Rockstar was the most recent, did every route by just changing things to True/False right before said scene or conflict bc of said scene came up) so I can let you know if/when that works if you want.

1. the girls you didnt pick will sleep with others, but you never actually have to see the act. in fact, theres really only two scenes where thats even an option (one of those being with another woman). maybe three scenes if you count hearing things through a door
2. with Rion you can act evil and make her fuck other guys in her evil route, its very obvious. the other two dont really have choices like that for their routes
3. Rion/Nora is a route, but as for having all three i doubt it
Gotcha, appreciate the explanation. I'm still going to try to Unren my way into a harem path when I do play :ROFLMAO: even if it's nonsense, but that's good to know, thank you for your time.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
The evil Rion path is kinda janky. Like even on a lust focused route, it's pretty wholesome up until you pawn her off to the terrorists. That is a big contrast to Nora's evil path which has a predatory and corrupted vibe throughout, with both parties trying to take advantage of each other.

That said, the game is entirely self aware of this short coming and Nora blasts MC for being a psychopathic nut job for doing Rion like that lol. I can respect that.

It does seem like the dev rushed/forced the Rion evil route because it would be a pain in the ass to add unbalanced amounts of content to just some routes to flesh out the progression.

Still, even a slightly flawed evil route like this is nice to have. Too bad they did away with it in their new game. They must have had some annoying headaches with the complex routing in this game and wanted a more straightforward approach for the next game.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Gotcha, thanks again. If I do pick this up(Which given the 20-30 other VNs I have waiting in the que will be awhile even if so) I'll have a look at the dev menu and see if I can tweak certain scenes True/False even if I don't pick them on that playthrough to see what happens. I've done that a few times before with varying degrees of success(Become A Rockstar was the most recent, did every route by just changing things to True/False right before said scene or conflict bc of said scene came up) so I can let you know if/when that works if you want.

Gotcha, appreciate the explanation. I'm still going to try to Unren my way into a harem path when I do play :ROFLMAO: even if it's nonsense, but that's good to know, thank you for your time.
I wouldn't recommend this. You will probably break the game. I'm not certain about this, but I believe that the girl you don't pick is going to die, go insane, or have something else objectionable happen to them in order to propel the plot forward. I'm pretty sure that in my playthrough Maddie was executed by the terrorists and we just don't know it yet. I didn't know that choosing to be a throuple with Nora and Rion would have such grim consequences.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Appreciate people's time
Yes you pick one girl, the ntr is barely there and easily avoidable and no there is no harem.

Dev has no plans on changing his entire story so a few people can have a harem.

ThaRealThiccShady

Mar 16, 2020
Yes you pick one girl, the ntr is barely there and easily avoidable and no there is no harem.

Dev has no plans on changing his entire story so a few people can have a harem.
Well avoidable and avoidable to witness are two different things. The former I'd be fine with even if you don't get a harem, the latter just kicks my stubborn side into gear lol
From what I've seen it's more than "a few" people, no? Not trying to be a dick or anything but as a writer who often has to make concessions for others(In my case a publisher/producer/writing-partner, in dev's case his fanbase-potential or current) it's not impossible to make major changes without fundamentally ruining your vision. Ultimately it usually comes down to personal taste. Which is cool, that's fine if he just doesn't want to compromise, but let's call it what it is-it's not some irrevocable part of the story that'd ruin the narrative and make his fanbase quit the game and his patrons stop paying(From what I've read in the thread he'd actually make much more by adding in a Harem route) it's him not wanting to rework the story. Again that's his business but since people have asked for it since the start of the game it also just comes down to his choice to not include it.

I wouldn't recommend this. You will probably break the game. I'm not certain about this, but I believe that the girl you don't pick is going to die, go insane, or have something else objectionable happen to them in order to propel the plot forward. I'm pretty sure that in my playthrough Maddie was executed by the terrorists and we just don't know it yet. I didn't know that choosing to be a throuple with Nora and Rion would have such grim consequences.
Meh. If/when I get around to it I'll risk breakage but I appreciate the warning. Like I said I have some experience editing things mid-playthrough. Lol if anything the bleakness of what you described makes me want to try it even more. Imo as a writer if you need to make a character suffer extremely in a VN, with no way to avoid it other than someone else suffering, you should accept that many people will be unhappy with it or will downright quit playing. I point to Acting Lessons for example. But DPK actually learned his lessons when he made BADIK afterward and I get the feeling he'd change the end of AL in retrospect. That's just me tho

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I point to Acting Lessons for example. But DPK actually learned his lessons when he made BADIK afterward and I get the feeling he'd change the end of AL in retrospect. That's just me tho
A game that made him a boat load of money?

People complained, they didn't stop playing. It's an insanely popular game both here and on Steam.

it's him not wanting to rework the story.
That's what I said.....

He isn't going to redo his entire story to fit a harem in. Not only would it not make any sense in the setting he'd have to alter their characters which would be a huge personality shift from who they are now, especially Mads who has no intentions of sharing and that is a pretty big part of her past which helped shape who she is.

Doesn't matter how you spin it, a harem isn't going to work here or going to happen.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Ah yes, the "harem would have the dev earning more money" argument. Isn't it wonderful how many harem fans are always looking out for the dev's best interests? ;)
"For the low low cost of sacrificing your artistic integrity and story you poured your heart into, you too could earn more money by making the next big generic harem game ...... not my money of course but i'm sure someone will pay, you can trust me"....

SamualHand

Engaged Member
May 4, 2018
Well avoidable and avoidable to witness are two different things. The former I'd be fine with even if you don't get a harem, the latter just kicks my stubborn side into gear lol
Reality must be really hard for you. Other women are having other men?
If we would have a virgin patch the issue would be solved!

• Haha
Reactions: ActiveShooter

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Seems this is shaping up quite nicely to the ending. I'm guessing...two more large updates? ( 0.9xx, and 1.0)
Maddie still the best girl, though Rion ( love) has a funny, lovey-dovey feel to it.
I noticed something in images folder (
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

NateGrey

Aug 21, 2020
Seems this is shaping up quite nicely to the ending. I'm guessing...two more large updates? ( 0.9xx, and 1.0)
Maddie still the best girl, though Rion ( love) has a funny, lovey-dovey feel to it.
I noticed something in images folder (
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You need to be on the evil path to get those scenes.

Reactions: ZagorTeNay

SA-NOLA

Oct 23, 2019
How can I get the Rion and Nora responses and scenes ?
Same . . I can't seem to get the last Rion scene, though in the evil/solo route, I did get a scene after you force Rion into a GB where you can search another room in the house where Nora is keeping you and Maddie. In that extra room, you find Maddie's stolen items, and then you find Rion hiding, and there is an option for additional sex scene with Rion that doesn't show up in the Gallery.

In the Rion Romance/Lust routes, I end up in a room with Rion in the bathroom, but when I click on the bathroom door, there is a "Join Her" option that is grayed out/unavailable. Anyone know how to enable that option?

4.10 star(s) 68 Votes