Who's your favorite character in SandStorm?

• Maddie

Votes: 850 28.4%
  • Nora

Votes: 852 28.4%
  • Rion

Votes: 1,268 42.3%
  • The Priestess

Votes: 480 16.0%

• Total voters

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
The "problem" is somewhere else.
v0.8.6b was not a public update and the changelog states changes between the two last public main updates aka v0.8 and v0.9 (and come on... "from v0.8" is written 4 times...maybe 5 times was needed after all^^)
Also by reading the v0.8.6b changelog, it seems pretty clear what the contents of the v0.9 were going to be.

I can understand it is frustrating that your favorite paths did not get additional content this time, but I can also say that you were lucky to play those paths "in advance" during the v0.8.6b (beta) instead of the v0.9 like the rest of the paths ;)
Hmmm... OK, I see now. For me, in the changelog, "0.8" was refering to "Last 0.8.x release" - because you use 3-digits version in your releases usually, so I wasn't thinking about the "big 0.8". Sure that I would have noticed it if it was written "0.8.0", for example, because I would have thought "Dot zero?? Not dot 6?? Wait....". I didn't thought a single second that the changelog could be with anything else than the previous release - public or not.

It's indeed a misreading / misunderstanding, but not on what I thought initially. And my installed update / saves aren't corrupted either - that's good, too! (y)

Thanks for the explanation. At least I'm not (too) crazy, I can cancel my appointment... :LOL:
And start waiting for the next update, also!

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
GleenXstudio ,

First off. Congratulations on the game. First time playing and very impressed. I thoroughly enjoyed the game so far.
However, I did pickup a logic issue in the game that you might want to have a look at.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In any case, not a major issue. just though you would have liked to know.

Another very minor logic issue
Again very minor issue.

Just once again. Awesome game!

Reactions: GleenXstudio

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Another very minor logic issue
Again very minor issue.
Maybe it is an issue, but I personally didn't see that as wrong. It's like the second time you say it you're twisting the dagger that already made her upset. I might be misunderstanding the idea, but that's how it came across to me.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Is the Ntr avoidable
There is only one place where I consider there being actual NTR, and it is clearly flagged so you can avoid it. There is some milder stuff, where someone might get groped.
No, characters of the game have sex without the MC.
A girl having sex with someone who isn't the MC isn't NTR. By F95 definition, NTR is specifically if a romantic interest is involved in relations without the MC. There is no harem, so if a girl is involved with someone else but she's not the love interest, it isn't NTR. Any actual NTR — there is definitely some — is avoidable and you're notified during choices what the result will be.

Reactions: Zero141214 and Juv3

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Can someone explain me EraStorm game connections? Santstorm and Snowstorm i mean? I'm thinking start these games but its little bit confusing. Like are they prequel/sequel? Or they are just in same univerce etc?

Reactions: HunterSeeker

Carefree247

May 24, 2019
It's simple , Erastorm probably means an era of storms , see it as like a book with different stories each chapter is a story about a Storm. First chapter / episode is about a Sandstorm , second is about a Snowstorm , they are all about Storms in different eras, so i think it makes sense . Also i was reading the comments of the developer here and seems like both games might actually be connected in some way.
Can someone explain me EraStorm game connections? Santstorm and Snowstorm i mean? I'm thinking start these games but its little bit confusing. Like are they prequel/sequel? Or they are just in same univerce etc?
They are separate games. They have separate tags,
they have totally different babes, you play different MC.
Oh contraire my good friends ,it's the same Universe with the MC from sandstorm being transported back in time hence the snow storm at the begining of the Erastorm-Snowstorm, given what we know in the last update we have info for 4 of the 12 gates those being 1,2,11 & 12.

Further evidence is what the MC wears at the start of Snowstorm and last update in Sandstorm being simillar with the dev just hiding his appearance

In conclusion something unexpected happens at the end of Sandstorm where MC travels back in time to the begining of the 2nd game probably changed given that he is not fully immortal thus the bad endings but my guess is he's sent for or has to look for something since the amulet,belongings and our LI are nowhere. For the entirety of Sandstorm we learn the following:

1) Gates to the underworld/god realm open up at specified times with a great storm in specific regions guarded by minor deities requiring their true names to access them
(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚

2) The world ends after the 12th and final gate closes ? Σ(゚Д゚;
(approximately on 2500, since the 11th gate opened in 2012 AD which is the 3512 year after founding of the new kingdom)

3)The gates started appearing after the founding of the new kingdom, which also coincides when the so called deities left the world along with the disappearance of other supernaturals, well save the gate keepers
( ・᷄ㅂ・᷅ ) (a sad time for ppl loking for elf/lamia/dwarf/dragon/vampire etc waifus)

4)The MC has supernatural energies which allowed him to interact with mage tech from days of old
彡゚◉ω◉ )つー☆*

5)Mortals can become Immortals, given that Nefertiti was able to become a deity
↜(╰ •ω•)╯ψ

6)Time is relative to those able to cross realms, hence EP 2 takes place with MC in 1065/1066

(^-人-^)

7)We just started the story and have only started scratching the surface of the PLOT the dev wants to tell
└|゚ε゚|┐

so basically these are all I was able to recall of the top of my head which were defined well and I left many of my other theory undefined as I forgot or the might be answered next release.

Unpopular idea: Make Evil Great again (`∀´)Ψ, look I like a generic Vanilla icecream story as the average guy but man was the evil route the comic book archetype which is evil for the sake of evil and thus bland (though not as much as the character development in the later parts of the game), I'd love it if MC actually had some ambition and not just be a simp for some LI, but then again this is a AVN where decent plot dies and sexy renders of banging waifus and fulfilling specific fetishes are the norm.

Last edited:

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Oh contraire my good friends ,it's the same Universe with the MC from sandstorm being transported back in time hence the snow storm at the begining of the Erastorm-Snowstorm, given what we know in the last update we have info for 4 of the 12 gates those being 1,2,11 & 12.

Further evidence is what the MC wears at the start of Snowstorm and last update in Sandstorm being simillar with the dev just hiding his appearance

In conclusion something unexpected happens at the end of Sandstorm where MC travels back in time to the begining of the 2nd game probably changed given that he is not fully immortal thus the bad endings but my guess is he's sent for or has to look for something since the amulet,belongings and our LI are nowhere. For the entirety of Sandstorm we learn the following:

1) Gates to the underworld/god realm open up at specified times with a great storm in specific regions guarded by minor deities requiring their true names to access them
(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚

2) The world ends after the 12th and final gate closes ? Σ(゚Д゚;
(approximately on 2500, since the 11th gate opened in 2012 AD which is the 3512 year after founding of the new kingdom)

3)The gates started appearing after the founding of the new kingdom, which also coincides when the so called deities left the world along with the disappearance of other supernaturals, well save the gate keepers
( ・᷄ㅂ・᷅ ) (a sad time for ppl loking for elf/lamia/dwarf/dragon/vampire etc waifus)

4)The MC has supernatural energies which allowed him to interact with mage tech from days of old
彡゚◉ω◉ )つー☆*

↜(╰ •ω•)╯ψ

6)Time is relative to those able to cross realms, hence EP 2 takes place with MC in 1065/1066
(^-人-^)

7)We just started the story and have only started scratching the surface of the PLOT the dev wants to tell
└|゚ε゚|┐

so basically these are all I was able to recall of the top of my head which were defined well and I left many of my other theory undefined as I forgot or the might be answered next release.

Unpopular idea: Make Evil Great again (`∀´)Ψ, look I like a generic Vanilla icecream story as the average guy but man was the evil route the comic book archetype which is evil for the sake of evil and thus bland (though not as much as the character development in the later parts of the game), I'd love it if MC actually had some ambition and not just be a simp for some LI, but then again this is a AVN where decent plot dies and sexy renders of banging waifus and fulfilling specific fetishes are the norm.
These just mixed my head more... I just want which one should i play first and they are connected or not. I understand they are connected (somehow) but which one takes place before other one as a timeline?

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I don't know about all this. It doesn't seem important as yet whether the protagonists from both games are the same person. The only purpose for that is to drag old NTR arguments from that game into this one. It seems wiser to just play them as if they are two different stories until something more substantial happens to tie them together. Otherwise, you are just indulging your headcanon, perhaps at the expense of your enjoyment of both this new game and old one that remains unfinished at this time.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Oh contraire my good friends ,it's the same Universe with the MC from sandstorm being transported back in time hence the snow storm at the begining of the Erastorm-Snowstorm
You either misuse the word hence or your logic here is faulty. A snowstorm isn't the logical result of someone being transported back in time. I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion, but it doesn't make sense.
given what we know in the last update we have info for 4 of the 12 gates those being 1,2,11 & 12.
Good reminder of the gates and what we know about some of them. Thanks for that, and I'm not being sarcastic. It's good to remember these things as the series continues.
I haven't played Snowstorm yet, although I should get to it very soon. I honestly kind of already expected something like this to be possible, although I didn't know through what mechanism it would happen. It definitely seems possible from the comparisons you've provided, however.
In conclusion something unexpected happens at the end of Sandstorm where MC travels back in time to the begining of the 2nd game probably changed given that he is not fully immortal thus the bad endings but my guess is he's sent for or has to look for something since the amulet,belongings and our LI are nowhere.
The girls should've been OK with a harem. It's their own faults that they weren't transported with the MC. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: (I'm kidding, of course.)
彡゚◉ω◉ )つー☆*
I'll assume this is what the machinery / technology is called in Snowstorm. Since I haven't played it yet, I'm going off of a word like mage being used as being indicative of the medieval times language.
↜(╰ •ω•)╯ψ
Isn't she actually Nefertari, though? Nefertiti was thwarted in her quest to become immortal, right? It's been a bit, so I'm possibly forgetting something that was said.
(^-人-^)
I'm not sure what you mean by "relative". Time still passes for those in each time period, but as long as the MC isn't immortal shouldn't personal time pass still for the MC, regardless of in what time period he finds himself? He will still grow old and die because his cells will still age; otherwise, he would already be immortal. It's not like the MC is suddenly traveling at near the speed of light so time slows down for him. So long as he's "in" a specific time period, acting at the same speed as everyone else, time should again pass at normal human speed for him.
I'd love it if MC actually had some ambition and not just be a simp for some LI, but then again this is a AVN where decent plot dies and sexy renders of banging waifus and fulfilling specific fetishes are the norm.
I think this is wholly dependent on how you play the evil route. For example, the MC can almost choke out Nefertari when he's alone with her in the temple (before leaving with everyone else again). She didn't seem to like that he was doing that, appearing surprised and a bit worried for a brief time. He even gains more evil points while doing it, as if it's being implied he's even more evil than she is. I think that indicates he's not automatically a simp, although it seems definitely possible to be one while playing either evil route.

• Hey there
Reactions: Carefree247

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
These just mixed my head more... I just want which one should i play first and they are connected or not. I understand they are connected (somehow) but which one takes place before other one as a timeline?
Basically, they are almost certainly loosely connected at least. From what Canto Forte said, though, it seems like you can play them independently and not worry about getting lost. I would recommend playing Sandstorm first personally, both because there's a lot more content and because there very well could be details in Snowstorm that will end up not making sense later if you don't have details from Sandstorm first.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
For whatever it is worth, god of war went all nuts in that 4th game and made kratos, literal god of war be clueless, helpless, blind, deaf, soft when his kid needed him the most, looking for people to lie and cheat him outta his family life. Coming to this game, MC is someone foreign trying to make a fool of himself and
not be given much attention, like that alchemist in castlevania animated series, playing the fool while he could open hell gates and was looking for powerful artefacts that would enable him time travel back to his LI. So anyone trying to put these 2 games together can dream along side us of impersonating a time lord from dr. who, john carter adventures on mars, god of war kratos adventures in the norse pantheon,
oh so many comics villains swaping times like changing socks.

Carefree247

May 24, 2019
You can play in any order you want, and yes they are connected so some info will be confusing/missed if you didn't start out with EP 1: Sandstorm which will drop mentions of them as well as the dev asking which route you went with when starting EP 2. So far nothing is mentioned yet in EP 2 but it's hinted it will.

You either misuse the word hence or your logic here is faulty. A snowstorm isn't the logical result of someone being transported back in time. I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion, but it doesn't make sense.
I'll elaborate further, some storms are special as they occur with something supernatural happening hence the name of the series is EraStorm !, at the start of EP 2 MC appears in a middle of a storm in some Nordic country and by the end of EP 1 we learn gates to the Immortal plane/Underworld open with the coming of a storm(refer the screen shots), which leads me to speculate the magical activity causes turbulence in nature thus storms occurring and this is why I was leading on to the MC arrival during a blizzard in EP 2 being an indication of him traversing space and time and not someone else.

I'll assume this is what the machinery / technology is called in Snowstorm. Since I haven't played it yet, I'm going off of a word like mage being used as being indicative of the medieval times language.
Actually no they weren't mentioned as magecraft and this was me just mentioning them as the whole setting reminds me a bit of the Type moon series(eg: Fate Zero, Fate UBW, Fate stay night etc) where the mythical world passed onto another realm/Dimension and the human realm is where magecraft is used being a shadow of true magic which was what happened in the age of Myths.

Isn't she actually Nefertari, though? Nefertiti was thwarted in her quest to become immortal, right? It's been a bit, so I'm possibly forgetting something that was said.
I'm just bad with names :whistle:

I'm not sure what you mean by "relative". Time still passes for those in each time period, but as long as the MC isn't immortal shouldn't personal time pass still for the MC, regardless of in what time period he finds himself? He will still grow old and die because his cells will still age; otherwise, he would already be immortal. It's not like the MC is suddenly traveling at near the speed of light so time slows down for him. So long as he's "in" a specific time period, acting at the same speed as everyone else, time should again pass at normal human speed for him.
Think of people on a boat traveling down a river for them people on the shore are still/slowed while for the people on the shore the people on the boat are in a state of movement. The people on the shore are those in the Underworld while the people on the Boat are those on Earth and time being the river.

Basically what I meant is that for those in the Underworld/Immortal plane their view of time is different to those in Human plane time as the MC traveled to the PAST and that to in another continent !, I believe they, those in the underworld can at anypoint travel back to a certain place and time of choosing which tells me that it's more like modding a game than what Einsteins perception of time was as things will happen as they were meant to but they can change that which opens a whole lot of questions when Time and space travel is involved in any story.

I think this is wholly dependent on how you play the evil route. For example, the MC can almost choke out Nefertari when he's alone with her in the temple (before leaving with everyone else again). She didn't seem to like that he was doing that, appearing surprised and a bit worried for a brief time. He even gains more evil points while doing it, as if it's being implied he's even more evil than she is. I think that indicates he's not automatically a simp, although it seems definitely possible to be one while playing either evil route.
well the problem with this story is we bad pacing, improper setup, lazy foreshadowing and misused cliched ideas, like how we get delayed info on the MC personality and desires which makes them feel soo random like his star struck confession to Nora where he betrays Maddie for a chick he met a few days ago (Basically a same thing happens in Frozen, but atleast he was right if he chose to romance Nora)

I get this is his first project and he does pull of some scenes while failing others and this makes me feel narratively it comes of as weak since the MC himself doesn't come out as a well defined character but a flip flop depending on the routes

For whatever it is worth, god of war went all nuts in that 4th game and made kratos, literal god of war be clueless, helpless, blind, deaf, soft when his kid needed him the most, looking for people to lie and cheat him outta his family life. Coming to this game, MC is someone foreign trying to make a fool of himself and
not be given much attention, like that alchemist in castlevania animated series, playing the fool while he could open hell gates and was looking for powerful artefacts that would enable him time travel back to his LI. So anyone trying to put these 2 games together can dream along side us of impersonating a time lord from dr. who, john carter adventures on mars, god of war kratos adventures in the norse pantheon,
oh so many comics villains swaping times like changing socks.
(‘▿’ʃʃ
Sometimes you surprise me.
ƪƪ’▿’)

Last edited:

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
MC personality and desires which makes them feel soo random like his star struck confession to Nora where he betrays Maddie for a chick he met a few days ago
But that's the flipflop route you get when you do flipflop choices all the time in the playthrough. So it's a bit funny to judge the floppiness of the MC on a route that is floppy by choice (and imo, that route is pretty irrelevant and marginal, you end up there when you have not been consistent in your choices and have almost no real relationship with any girl, trying to catch all the rabbits).
I agree it doesn't make sense to switch from Maddie to Nora at the last minute, and if you have the option to do it, it doesn't mean you should do it. Besides, if your relationship was strong enough with Maddie, you don't even get the possibility to switch later on, so...
I'd love it if MC actually had some ambition
Ambition = Harem. lol, I can see you coming... :ROFLMAO:
You probably tried to play sandstorm as if you would play some harem game, and it doesn't work well that way and leads to the floppy path you mentioned (or the evil path), but not to the harem path as there is none, which was announced since day1.
If you stick at 100% on building a relationship with one LI, Maddie for example, I don't think the MC is that inconsistent.
But otherwise, I can agree that SandStorm sucks as a harem game that's why it was not tagged that way. ;)
The evil path is mainly for fun, I agree it's pretty exaggerated.
I could have done a more subtle and corruptive approach which will have required a lot more scenes to make it believable and in total a bit too much work for a canon path. I also could have done without that path which I didn't plan at the very beginning.
If the evil paths were the only paths of the game, it would have been another whole story with obviously a lot more work and thoughts put in them, and probably ended up in a harem or domination game, but again that is not the focus in SandStorm.
That said, I think the ending for the evil path will be pretty surprising and probably not what people expect, I'll say no more.

That aside, your analysis was interesting (y)

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 68 Votes