Who's your favorite character in SandStorm?

• Maddie

Votes: 804 28.5%
  • Nora

Votes: 794 28.2%
  • Rion

Votes: 1,198 42.5%
  • The Priestess

Votes: 448 15.9%

• Total voters

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Two notes on current version - line 11201 and the following menu, I'm 90% those conditionals are supposed to be if x_ntr == True or m_score >= 50 or m_romance >= 1.

The way it's written now it makes no sense, you have to have ntr turned off to spy on girls getting their kicks elsewhere? :LOL:

Also on variables, x_trem is never defined by player or in defaults, so when it's called like at anubis statue throws error.

Reactions: GleenXstudio

Jack Townsend

Sep 4, 2020
The latest update has something that I always wanted. In the old versions, when you were having sex with Maddie for the first time, you had to pick between her leading and you leading. And each choice gave you two different types of sex scenes. I always wanted these two sex scenes to happen back-to-back. And now thanks to this new update, and with enough affinity, that can happen. I love the script and visual improvements as well. They're the icing on the cake. My thanks and congratulations to GleenXStudio for all their hard work.

sevendustkorn1008

Mar 24, 2020
well there's
"Added a funny/lewd scene with Maddie when visiting her room after Nora's night show when not enough points (day 2)"
that was added this patch, which i can only assume is a full fledged scene of that instead of text but it might not be
It seems like the dev removed the NTRish scene entirely. The added scene is one where it sounds like something is going on between Maddie and a hotel staff member behind a closed door, but it's revealed that they just sold her a giant dildo. It seems like that scene replaces the old scene of hearing her have sex with someone behind closed doors. I can't be sure entirely, though. I think there's some kind of script error or bug. When you have NTR choices enabled, the choice to visit girls who you have low points for is blacked out (meaning you can't visit them). And I tried turning off NTR, too, in case I misread the option. But no, when you turn on the NTR filter (ie, NTR choices are off), I'm given the choice to visit any girl that night, even the ones I have low points for. But when I try watching the Rion/Julian scene, the choice to watch them is blacked out because NTR choices are off.

In summary, with NTR on, I can't visit Rion if my points are low. With NTR off, I can visit Rion if my points are low, but I can't actually watch the scene because NTR is "turned off". And if you're wondering, with NTR on, I also can't visit Maddie if my points are low. With NTR off, I can visit Maddie, and I get the dildo scene. So yea, something doesn't add up there. I don't think that's working as intended.

sevendustkorn1008

Mar 24, 2020
Two notes on current version - line 11201 and the following menu, I'm 90% those conditionals are supposed to be if x_ntr == True or m_score >= 50 or m_romance >= 1.

The way it's written now it makes no sense, you have to have ntr turned off to spy on girls getting their kicks elsewhere? :LOL:

Also on variables, x_trem is never defined by player or in defaults, so when it's called like at anubis statue throws error.
Ahah. I knew there was something off. I just made a post about the choices not seeming to work as intended.

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018

1/ Hmmm... Actually you're right, I had already corrected it, but I guess during proofreading, an older script was used, and I forgot to correct this again. Thanks (y).

2/ x_trem was another filter I was thinking to add for extreme/crazy scenes, but it was preventing too many paths, so I gave up on it and decided to remove it but I might have forgot to delete that condition everywhere in the script. I've checked and indeed there were 2/3 of them remaining.

----

Here is a quick fix patch v2.01 that corrects the 2 problems noted above.
You just have to throw this file in the game directory and overwrite the previous one. Works with v2.0 only.
View attachment scripts.rpa

Last edited:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
1/ Hmmm... Actually you're right, I had already corrected it, but I guess during proofreading, an older script was used, and I forgot to correct this again. Thanks (y).

2/ x_trem was another filter I was thinking to add for extreme/crazy scenes, but it was preventing too many paths, so I gave up on it and decided to remove it but I might have forgot to delete that condition everywhere in the script. I'll check this, thanks. Is it a skipable error or does it prevent to select the menu option ?
any chances for posting "quick-fix" for hardcoded patreon logo from few videos (ssd1jacuzzidoggy.webm for example)? :HideThePain:

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
any chances for posting "quick-fix" for hardcoded patreon logo from few videos (ssd1jacuzzidoggy.webm for example)? :HideThePain:
I was young at that time^^. I wouldn't do it that way now and I thought about it during the rework, (I think it's only 2 movies) but it would mean to remake the video entirely, to find all the files and so on. I judged it was not worth it, especially as those are scenes very few players pick. I prefer to invest that time elsewhere, I've so many things to do ^^.
And come on, isn't that logo pretty cool ? :BootyTime:

However, I just made a quick-fix patch for the filters problem ;) (see post above)

Last edited:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I was young at that time^^. I wouldn't do it that way now and I thought about it during the rework, (I think it's only 2 movies) but it would mean to remake the video entirely, to find all the files and so on. I judged it was not worth it, especially as those are scenes very few players pick. I prefer to invest that time elsewhere, I've so many things to do ^^.
And come on, isn't that logo pretty cool ? :BootyTime:

However, I just made a quick-fix patch for the filters problem ;) (see post above)
the logo is cool, though it would be even cooler if not hardcoded in the middle of sex scene:BootyTime:

well, thats just my luck - one of my top3 chicks from sandstorm has "bugged" sex video.:HideThePain:
yeah, those are only two videos (above mentioned and ssd1jacuzzibj.webm), so isnt that big deal...even more as there are other sex scenes with her.

anyway, keep up the great work, snowstorm is becoming really interesting, looking forward to future updates there and for the third part of planned trilogy ofc!

WatsonJohn

Jul 27, 2020
Why did you discontinue the development of NTR? I remember Rion having choices with the MC such as her breaking up with her bf (romance), her being "friends with benefits", and her being implied to have a swinging route. But this never happened, you only get the romance route and the NTR that leads to a bad ending. The game implied to have better NTR but it was instead neglected. Don't get me wrong, I love the romance route (since it's the only route that was given much attention) whether it's couple or throuple.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Why did you discontinue the development of NTR? I remember Rion having choices with the MC such as her breaking up with her bf (romance), her being "friends with benefits", and her being implied to have a swinging route. But this never happened, you only get the romance route and the NTR that leads to a bad ending. The game implied to have better NTR but it was instead neglected. Don't get me wrong, I love the romance route (since it's the only route that was given much attention) whether it's couple or throuple.
the game already has dozen of endings/parhs.
just imagine adding to that mix another dozen or more "ntr" combinations...wouldnt that be too much?
and the dev has another game to finish, and another one.

from my side im glad it has turned to be this way - in order to simplify things and produce more quality content in timely manner by devs choice.
those dissapointed due to the lack of ntr, here, and particularly in snowstorm, well, sorry lads, better luck to you with other games/devs :BootyTime:
(hapenned more than few times that neutral games with ntr elements became solo ntr games, probably for similar reasons)

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
from my side im glad it has turned to be this way - in order to simplify things and produce more quality content in timely manner by devs choice.
those dissapointed due to the lack of ntr, here, and particularly in snowstorm, well, sorry lads, better luck to you with other games/devs :BootyTime:
(hapenned more than few times that neutral games with ntr elements became solo ntr games, probably for similar reasons)
This is a fair, reasonable, and polite response from someone who undoubtedly got their preferences represented/implemented in releases. :LOL:

"I'm glad the the other political party withdrew from the race, it expedites the political process and simplifies things. For supporters of the other party disappointed with the outcome, well, sorry, better luck next election eheheh"

It's not just about ntr, it's about overall breadth of storytelling. When all romantic tension becomes verboten, the storytelling space quickly gets claustrophic.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Abhai

WatsonJohn

Jul 27, 2020
the game already has dozen of endings/parhs.
just imagine adding to that mix another dozen or more "ntr" combinations...wouldnt that be too much?
and the dev has another game to finish, and another one.

The dev already started snowstorm before finishing his promised developments of the game. And by the way, I don't have a problem with snowstorm not having ntr. The issue is that he made promises that were not fulfilled. You made a point that there were already many paths then why don't they follow his original plans? He could've used some of those time and resources following though what the game implies to have. The fact that he started snowstorm even before accomplishing what he started means he lost interest in this. According to a post above, some ntr were also removed. It's like why even bother adding and promising in depth ntr paths like romance ones? He could've started the development cycle without ntr so as not to make false expectations.

• Sad
Reactions: Abhai

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
The dev already started snowstorm before finishing his promised developments of the game. And by the way, I don't have a problem with snowstorm not having ntr. The issue is that he made promises that were not fulfilled. You made a point that there were already many paths then why don't they follow his original plans? He could've used some of those time and resources following though what the game implies to have. The fact that he started snowstorm even before accomplishing what he started means he lost interest in this. According to a post above, some ntr were also removed. It's like why even bother adding and promising in depth ntr paths like romance ones? He could've started the development cycle without ntr so as not to make false expectations.
Considering i dont have any particular interest in ntr elements, cant say i have followed the dev starting promises in that regard (if there were any?). Im aware that there were some "ntr" elements (aka other dudes fucking various chicks), more like side things, and not full paths. And regarding swinging/sharing, hell, i cant recall at all if there ever were those elements or if the dev has promised anything of that kind.

The dev has his plans and story to tell. For now he is doing more than a fine job in that regard, imo.
Even if he had, at the very beginning, some other plans (as ntr paths and so), those plans have changed along the way so he has clearly stated at some points which endings/paths are planned, or he didnt have such plans at all and the whole "ntr" thing were those few side events along the main journey.

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
It's like why even bother adding and promising in depth ntr paths like romance ones?
To be disapointed because you couldn't enjoy a path you would have liked, I can totally understand, but you can't say it was promised. When did I ever promised in depth ntr paths?

On the contrary, I believe I said countless times that my goal was not to make a ntr game or a non ntr game or whatever related to that tag. The spirit of SandStorm was to make an open minded game with a lot of possibilities. I didn't even know what was ntr before learning it from F95^^. It was never a subject for me and SandStorm happened to have some ntr elements on it but the truth is that I don't care about this tag (i'm not against it, I just don't mind). I care about the atmosphere, the girls, the story and the adventure, and these points are my main focus when creating games.

Abhai is completely right on his comment. There was a few choices that might have hinted some possible possibilities which I decided to not develop because indeed I focused on other things that interested me more. It was possible to do it. I could have done it, that's true. But it was never promised ;).

4.10 star(s) 68 Votes