Who Does MC Call To Help Him "Study?"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Made a compressed Android port of Saving Paula v0.0.29b with the walkthrough mod.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links:

Dec 21, 2019
This is how I thought it was, too.
Throwing a crazy fit after one single leak says otherwise.

You really got this backwards.
If it was a big earner, I would have no problem.
If, instead of making 5,000$ a month, you make 4,000$ a month sometimes, you are upset but probably can bite the bullet and go on - just like a company that had some losses due to maintenance or something: the money is still there to make the company viable, even if it's less.
But if you make 300$ instead of 400$, then that means you actually are taking money (yet more money) from your family and putting it in the business.
And that is not a good policy for the long run.

I am not upset because now I can't afford the new car I was about to buy with this money, but about the fact that now I have to pay the electricity bill of my game studio from my own pocket instead of the game.

That's why Robin Hood, the most honorable pirate there ever was, stole from the rich, not from the small businessman.
If your game makes very little money after this long, it'll continue to make very little money unless something changes. Trying to snag 20 more bucks from impatient people by holding the update for weeks is NOT the solution. Having a game with actual content and updates longer than 40 seconds is.

Reactions: RisingSciFi

redharvest1

Jun 7, 2019
Far too many people in this and other threads need to quit with all the critical BS. Arguing with a Developer of an adult game only ever accomplishes ONE thing and that is to see the game abandoned.

It's their project, to develop as they sees fit. If you don't like the direction a game is going or the pace of updates then go play something else and don't sub on Patreon or SS. I can guarantee you that 99.9% of the people bitching and moaning on this forum have never contributed a single penny to the developer of a game found here.

I've never understood the entitlement of people who have the audacity to bitch about something they're getting for free.

lrrr.omicron

Aug 30, 2020
I'm glad you like the art.
And it is big, since it's true Full HD images, with quite a few 4K images added in the last update (the official update, that I'll put in the OP myself in 2-3 weeks... ;) ).
As for The Burn: some story lines are slow, some are very fast - as there are quite a few in this game.
The next update (0.0.30), hopefully in a couple of months or less, will have us blue-balling and drooling all over Paula and her ass.
The one after that will have sex.
But don't tell anyone...
;)
I am probably in a minority here, (either that or those on the other side are inordinately loud ) but Hi res and animations are a waste IMO. It seems to be a thing that delays development and costs developers money for hardware and it hardly matters. CG is inherently not as detailed as real life ( unless you're a movie studio with millions to spend on it and even then... it tends to uncanny valley ) It's an abstraction like a cartoon where lots of detail is a waste. If there's a smaller or compressed version of one of these games I always go for that.

Apr 18, 2018
Far too many people in this and other threads need to quit with all the critical BS. Arguing with a Developer of an adult game only ever accomplishes ONE thing and that is to see the game abandoned.

It's their project, to develop as they sees fit. If you don't like the direction a game is going or the pace of updates then go play something else and don't sub on Patreon or SS. I can guarantee you that 99.9% of the people bitching and moaning on this forum have never contributed a single penny to the developer of a game found here.

I've never understood the entitlement of people who have the audacity to bitch about something they're getting for free.
My thoughts exactly, true for so many good games here, and put so eloquently into words.
Especially the entitlement part.

Apr 18, 2018
I am probably in a minority here, (either that or those on the other side are inordinately loud ) but Hi res and animations are a waste IMO. It seems to be a thing that delays development and costs developers money for hardware and it hardly matters. CG is inherently not as detailed as real life ( unless you're a movie studio with millions to spend on it and even then... it tends to uncanny valley ) It's an abstraction like a cartoon where lots of detail is a waste. If there's a smaller or compressed version of one of these games I always go for that.
It's probably what you hinted to. People who want stuf usually make more noise than those who are content.
I have no problem with devs doing animation and such, but it's so many times just a waste of time, and usually not really good.
But I guess it depends on the animation.
XTZ usually does excellent work on renders, so probably the animation will be nice.
But will it be worth the time?
Especially when it's the side gig, and very slow updates?
Well, I guess we'll see.
But for me, I realty don't need the animation, especially if it means waiting longer to my dose of Paula.
4k still images are another thing, because they take about the same time to do as an hd image, if you have the hardware for it.

Reactions: Johnyboy

Saiaxs

Oct 12, 2018
Since I am the Dev, and since I did the checking before posting the original game, I'm pretty sure, yes...
:)

EDIT:
You can go to my Patreon page and download my original from there.
It's free.
So we were both right. You CAN rename the MC but only if you download the Myrelationships file and edit it, the BASE game calls you Max and you cannot rename yourself in-game.

• Angry
Reactions: XTZ Adult Games

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I think a fairly simple thing to do is to be more efficient with the renders.

Do they really need to be 4k? The large majority of people do not have 4k monitors.

And in general, use them in a more efficient way. 300 render updates are a fine number, it's how you use them that counts.

Such as at the end of this update, multiple renders were used to show different angles of Paula getting on her stomach. It was the same scene, but from different angles.

Is that really necessary? Probably could've used those renders to do Paula's lotion scene too.

In addition to things like that, personally the closeups of the characters lips is sort of weird to me. Can probably use fewer of those too and fewer transitional renders (like characters walking). Sum that up with a line or two of dialog instead.

Basically, instead of using renders to emphasize certain things (even very nice things like Paula's butt), use them to progress the dialog/story instead.

Little things like that add up. Cut out redundant renders and before you know it, you've saved 50 renders (just a number I made up, I didn't count them in the game) then you can use them to make another scene with them instead.

------------

And another thing about efficiency. And a bit of my own personal preference. Does the game really need so many routes and characters? Most of them haven't started or had much content yet (if any) so I don't think it would be a bad idea to cull them from the game to focus more on the primary route/characters.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019
The only entitlement here is the dev feeling entitled to a certain amount of support. One early leak and they went on a rant about keeping content locked out of spite and unleashing pent up timid person fury upon their enemies (some weird shit tbh)

The way to make more money is to create more/better content. Not turn into an "enemy" of the site where you got all your exposure and support in the first place. Idk why that's so hard to understand.

Let's be real, a 4.6 star rating and several hundred bucks a month for this is already generous. Stop acting like it's unreasonable to expect some sexual content after 2 years and updates that are longer than 2 minutes. This site doesn't need to be a safe space devoid of any critical feedback.

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
Hi XTZ Adult Games if i may i would like to give a little advice, i just finished playing your game, first of all, sorry for me bad english. Anyway all the ladies are really gorgeous, seriously all of them! :love:

I'm sure my comment will get some facepalms. But I think some who are like me will appreciate my advice.
Those who try to play the game avoiding the NTR, the one that try to play the love/romance path. I think do not like to hear some things about some characters in the game.
It would be nice not to know that the mother (Paula or other girls/women) during her acting career, in order to get some roles, sucked some producer's dick or fuck it. Honestly when I read that her sister told Paula that 20 years ago she had done certain things, my excitement dropped sharply. Also the same thing when Paula speak with her sister. Its not a problem read that Paula use some drug when she was a young actress. But read that she do also some orgies... me excitement dropped really much. Also for the other ladies in the game.

Some users, would not like to read these details, in fact, they'd rather know they weren't so slutty. Given that through the choices we can define their story, if it is possible for you, let us also choose what kind of people they were. After all the game can change the texts based on what we choose. I prefer to know that she was a normal actress, that make some mystaken, but that she just make love with the one she love, and not with many men... its not so sexy to know all about this.

Plus I found a couple of text errors, while playing the final part. I state that I'm playing the game with the relationship patch active, so in incest mode. I just changed the name of the MC, everything else left as the game default

First error
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Second error
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As you can see the game fails to recognize one of the various names given to the MC i think is or the nephew one or the name we choice.

Anyway Thank you for lets us play the game, i try to share you link with other friends, perhaps they can support you.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: XTZ Adult Games

XTZ Adult Games

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2020
So we were both right. You CAN rename the MC but only if you download the Myrelationships file and edit it, the BASE game calls you Max and you cannot rename yourself in-game.
No.
The base game - my base game - calls you Max, automatically, only if you press the "Enter" button without bothering to actually write the name you want, when asked.
The relationships patches are only for people who either want to save their naming and relationship choices for the coming updates, or to get someone else's.
So, you either skipped the "Insert Name Here" part, or there's something wrong with the version that was put here not by me.
In any case, you can download the actual game, with no patches, from my Patreon or SubscribeStar, and just call MC whatever you want, when asked.

XTZ Adult Games

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2020
Do they really need to be 4k? The large majority of people do not have 4k monitors.
The game is rendered in Full HD, not 4K.
There are 4k renders and animations for Patrons and Subscribers, depending on their tier, for bonus materials that are not in the game. They're only on our pages on those two sites and delivered to specific tiers.
The 4K renders in the game itself (I recall only 2 or 3 at this point, but there will be more) are not used as 4K images in full view (i.e. to view in 4K monitors), but are used for close-up traveling shots, for moving them in an HD (1920p) standard monitor.
This is the most efficient way to do animation, since there's no animation.
And on a 4090 card, the render time is really, really, not the issue.

And in general, use them in a more efficient way. 300 render updates are a fine number, it's how you use them that counts.

Such as at the end of this update, multiple renders were used to show different angles of Paula getting on her stomach. It was the same scene, but from different angles.

Is that really necessary? Probably could've used those renders to do Paula's lotion scene too.
The render time was the single most time consuming and game-delaying obstacle I had, until I got the 4090. That's why the renders look so different after the previous update - they were rendered on CPU first.
Now, the render time is a joke for my workstation.
What is time consuming is my work.
So for me, to render beautiful Paula spreading her legs for us and presenting her ass from a different angle, took no longer than to finish my workout and shower.
So I'll do it again whenever it's worth it.
But to pose a character, and then adjust lighting, smooth out the clothes, re-pose the hair, adjust secondary squishy parts like the couch (not to mention those massive tits) - that takes time. And in fucking Daz, it takes a lotta time.

In addition to things like that, personally the closeups of the characters lips is sort of weird to me. Can probably use fewer of those too and fewer transitional renders (like characters walking). Sum that up with a line or two of dialog instead.
Basically, instead of using renders to emphasize certain things (even very nice things like Paula's butt), use them to progress the dialog/story instead.
Little things like that add up. Cut out redundant renders and before you know it, you've saved 50 renders (just a number I made up, I didn't count them in the game) then you can use them to make another scene with them instead.

------------

And another thing about efficiency. And a bit of my own personal preference. Does the game really need so many routes and characters? Most of them haven't started or had much content yet (if any) so I don't think it would be a bad idea to cull them from the game to focus more on the primary route/characters.
For all of the render tips you gave in this last part, I've already explained why it's completely irrelevant in my case.
For all your gaming preferences, I promise to look into your game when you create one.
I really like mine the way it is.

• Haha
Reactions: Derek Wildstsar

XTZ Adult Games

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2020
Hi XTZ Adult Games if i may i would like to give a little advice, i just finished playing your game, first of all, sorry for me bad english. Anyway all the ladies are really gorgeous, seriously all of them! :love:

I'm sure my comment will get some facepalms. But I think some who are like me will appreciate my advice.
Those who try to play the game avoiding the NTR, the one that try to play the love/romance path. I think do not like to hear some things about some characters in the game.
It would be nice not to know that the mother (Paula or other girls/women) during her acting career, in order to get some roles, sucked some producer's dick or fuck it. Honestly when I read that her sister told Paula that 20 years ago she had done certain things, my excitement dropped sharply. Also the same thing when Paula speak with her sister. Its not a problem read that Paula use some drug when she was a young actress. But read that she do also some orgies... me excitement dropped really much. Also for the other ladies in the game.

Some users, would not like to read these details, in fact, they'd rather know they weren't so slutty. Given that through the choices we can define their story, if it is possible for you, let us also choose what kind of people they were. After all the game can change the texts based on what we choose. I prefer to know that she was a normal actress, that make some mystaken, but that she just make love with the one she love, and not with many men... its not so sexy to know all about this.
First, never be afraid of some facepalms - there's always someone who'll do that, regardless of what you say.
So you might as well speak your mind :)

As for the issue itself: Paula has a history. There are reasons she got to where she is now, and this history will also influence very much her behavioral choices with your guidance.
She is complex and she went through some shit.
If you choose to play, then you have to deal with it.
What she does from now on is up to you.

That's it, I'm afraid.
I hope this will not prevent you from playing, but that is my answer.

Plus I found a couple of text errors, while playing the final part. I state that I'm playing the game with the relationship patch active, so in incest mode. I just changed the name of the MC, everything else left as the game default

As you can see the game fails to recognize one of the various names given to the MC i think is or the nephew one or the name we choice.

Anyway Thank you for lets us play the game, i try to share you link with other friends, perhaps they can support you.
Now, about the errors:
If you downloaded the game from this site, then I can't help you - since it is not my file. And you are not the first who complained about errors here.
My suggestion is to download the game from my Patreon or SubscribeStar - it's free, and clean.

I've just checked the points in the game you took your screen shots, and here they are in my version:
screenshot0001.jpg
screenshot0002.jpg

Again, the [MC] variable is not there, since it's the name of the player.
The variable I put is the MC's relationship with Silvia - in my "vanilla" case "her young friend" and in an incest game I guess you'd put "nephew."
Since I can't re-produce it, I guess someone messed the code.
Again, I suggest downloading from my page.

4.00 star(s) 38 Votes