VN Ren'Py Scarlet Ashbringer [v0.2.4] [Scarlet Ashbringer Studio]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

maroder

Jun 17, 2017
great update i dint expect it to be these good. both routes are very interesting. i cant choose and made to saves for both of them.

Salamango

Feb 16, 2018
from what i have seen there is no intercourse but there are other sexual acts like handjobs and many more.
that is, for 5 hours of the game there is not a single full-fledged sex in it? It's strange that this game has 5 stars on this site, usually for this they trample into the dirt. At least there is oral sex?

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
that is, for 5 hours of the game there is not a single full-fledged sex in it? It's strange that this game has 5 stars on this site, usually for this they trample into the dirt. At least there is oral sex?
There is a facesitting scene

My game is a slow burn. And it's not a grind, it's a complete story with a lot of wit and humour. When I see how slow some Akabur's games can be, I can imagine there is a public for that.

I can understand you don't want to invest that kind of time ^^ but I personally don't like the games where girls just throw themselves at you. But to each their own :) Here I want the player to earn every sex scene, and not by filling some relationship bar

Aside admiring, there's handjob, facial and facesitting. But it seems that the demand for actual sex is growing. It's why next update will have an actual sex scene.

Salamango

Feb 16, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yes, I played all the Akabur games, and I generally like the style of his storytelling and the fetishes that he uses (although the episode system ala TV series pissed me off a little). But it seems to me that Akabur's games are not so long and in 5 hours it is quite possible to go through the whole game and see all the scenes, although sometimes you have to endure some grind.

As for your game, I've been playing it for about 2 hours and in general the plot is interesting, but IMHO the game seems terribly linear, it has a strict order of actions and in order to get along with one girl, you have to complete the tasks of another girl. When there is a strict sequence of actions, I can’t feel the effect of “conquering” the girl, rather the feeling that I just haven’t reached the right scene yet, in general there is a lack of variability in actions, maybe I haven’t reached the moment when the game becomes more "free".

Although I confess I myself do not like it when girls in games jump on the hero ahead of time, a balance is still needed here.

Another question 3 parameters that are pumped for choosing an action, do they somehow affect the further plot or do they just show a slightly different variation of the dialogue?

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
Yes, I played all the Akabur games, and I generally like the style of his storytelling and the fetishes that he uses (although the episode system ala TV series pissed me off a little). But it seems to me that Akabur's games are not so long and in 5 hours it is quite possible to go through the whole game and see all the scenes, although sometimes you have to endure some grind.

As for your game, I've been playing it for about 2 hours and in general the plot is interesting, but IMHO the game seems terribly linear, it has a strict order of actions and in order to get along with one girl, you have to complete the tasks of another girl. When there is a strict sequence of actions, I can’t feel the effect of “conquering” the girl, rather the feeling that I just haven’t reached the right scene yet, in general there is a lack of variability in actions, maybe I haven’t reached the moment when the game becomes more "free".

Although I confess I myself do not like it when girls in games jump on the hero ahead of time, a balance is still needed here.

Another question 3 parameters that are pumped for choosing an action, do they somehow affect the further plot or do they just show a slightly different variation of the dialogue?
Thank you for your feedback, I will take it into account. I always had the feeling I've been dragging my feet to add scene because my artist was kidna slow and I didn't have any artwork done in time to add them. Hopefully this should change. I will try to rework the beginniing a bit to make it more interesting
To answer your question, the allignment system only affect one event yet but should be more impacting in future update

maroder

Jun 17, 2017
personally i don't really care that there is no sex scene because other content is still good but i find it annoying that you should progress one girl to get another's scenes.
also there are a lot of bugs. going to town hall just killed my game every time, last date with young jane just got in loop and i could see same scenes every time, sleeping with whitemane got gleached and i had two whitemane in different positions at the same time.

Last edited:

Shanox

Dec 26, 2017
Sorry for bothering, but my old save (from 0.2.2.c) it's completely busted, even if I try to make it compatible to Chromie, still crash the game, I wonder if you could help my save file, it will be great because the game it's super awesome and I enjoy it a lot so far. :giggle:

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
personally i don't really care that there is no sex scene because other content is still good but i find it annoying that you should progress one girl to get another's scenes.
also there are a lot of bugs. going to town hall just killed my game every time, last date with young jane just got in loop and i could see same scenes every time, sleeping with whitemane got gleached and i had two whitemane in different positions at the same time.
Damn it, such a game breaking bug survived three beta testing and a patreon release ?!
I'm sorry this happened, please send me your save I need to figure out what is happening

Sorry for bothering, but my old save (from 0.2.2.c) it's completely busted, even if I try to make it compatible to Chromie, still crash the game, I wonder if you could help my save file, it will be great because the game it's super awesome and I enjoy it a lot so far. :giggle:
No problem, I will look it up and send you corrected save !

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
First, I'd like to thank you for providing that save. I didn't have a 0.2.2c save to work with, and that helped a lot the retro-compatibility. The 0.2.4a will be much more stable and welcoming for earlier saves !
Second, here's your save. Tell me, that's a lot of money you have here, I assume to farmed that legitimaly of course ? :p enjoy the game. And, a quick tip, I know you have a lot of money but you might want to make some cocktail anyway...

Quick announcement : If you use a 0.2.2 save, you might have encountered a bug I didn't correct in the 0.2.4 that wouldn't let you start Jaina's update. There's a failsafe at Chromie, where you can manually launch it. It will be fixed the right way for the 0.2.4a

Shanox

Dec 26, 2017
First, I'd like to thank you for providing that save. I didn't have a 0.2.2c save to work with, and that helped a lot the retro-compatibility. The 0.2.4a will be much more stable and welcoming for earlier saves !
Second, here's your save. Tell me, that's a lot of money you have here, I assume to farmed that legitimaly of course ? :p enjoy the game. And, a quick tip, I know you have a lot of money but you might want to make some cocktail anyway...

Quick announcement : If you use a 0.2.2 save, you might have encountered a bug I didn't correct in the 0.2.4 that wouldn't let you start Jaina's update. There's a failsafe at Chromie, where you can manually launch it. It will be fixed the right way for the 0.2.4a
Wow, it means so much that I could help you with your game project, especially more because I really enjoy the story in the game, and I "farmed" all that money just to see what is with the flask of supreme power was that Ras was selling:LOL:

Anyway, glad I cold help you and keep up with this project, I really like it :love:
Hope we all can see the project finish to the end! (y)

Reactions: Scarlet Ashbringer

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
New version : 0.2.4a

Changelog :
-Added a bunch of things for retrocompatibility, which should help for your old saves. Don't bother with it if you didn't encounter a bug during the 0.2.4

PC :
Mac :

There are still bugs I've been reported but couldn't reproduce, if you encounter them please make a save and send them, it will help a lot. Please don't report it as update since there will be a 0.2.4b when I will ahve hunted down double Whitemane and the loop at City Hall

Last edited:

Cozmos

May 30, 2017
There is a facesitting scene

My game is a slow burn. And it's not a grind, it's a complete story with a lot of wit and humour. When I see how slow some Akabur's games can be, I can imagine there is a public for that.

I can understand you don't want to invest that kind of time ^^ but I personally don't like the games where girls just throw themselves at you. But to each their own :) Here I want the player to earn every sex scene, and not by filling some relationship bar

Aside admiring, there's handjob, facial and facesitting. But it seems that the demand for actual sex is growing. It's why next update will have an actual sex scene.
Hey now we still want wholesome stuff! with variations .w ., maybe on the date with Lilian someone (Marj) will come and kiss both of the protag and lilian, etc with marj sleeping in bed, I think what the ppl want is sexual scenes in general , more content for each character and such, you've already done a great job thus far and I'm with you 100% with the "I don't like girls throwing themselves at you in games" but some ppl like the ...well, waxing the carrot.

you could if you want later on, add a gallery and a way to unlock it fully from the get go if ppl want (pateron, code, ingame cheat like chroomie, I think that will make the ppl who don't want to do in the work and sadly miss all the humor and genuinely good storyline out, feel at least like they can wax the carrot quickly and call it a day.

but I'm down with wholesome and pervy scenes alike, more so if they're repeatable (nice work with jaina's bar scenes btw)

I still would like to see more of each of the characters, you managed somehow to flesh all out, whitemane, abbendis, Marj and Lilian, jaina, alistra etc and make them wholesome without taking out the erotic/pervy nature of the parody in general.

good work and keep it on! take a rest when needed and don't give up!

Reactions: Alpha8
5.00 star(s) 7 Votes