VN Ren'Py Scarlet Ashbringer [v0.2.5a] [Scarlet Ashbringer Studio]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
Closer to the end of 0.2.5a there's a game-breaking bug.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/tyrs_hand.rpy", line 5780, in script
    if castle_quest_mark == False and chapel_quest_mark == False and dorm_quest_mark == False and guard_tower_quest_mark == False and cathedral_quest_mark == False oandr scarlet_enclave_quest_mark == False and access_to_sea_quest_mark == False and tavern_quest_mark == False:
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (game/tyrs_hand.rpy, line 5780)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/tyrs_hand.rpy", line 5780, in script
    if castle_quest_mark == False and chapel_quest_mark == False and dorm_quest_mark == False and guard_tower_quest_mark == False and cathedral_quest_mark == False oandr scarlet_enclave_quest_mark == False and access_to_sea_quest_mark == False and tavern_quest_mark == False:
  File "Z:\VN\ScarletAshbringer-0.2.5a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "Z:\VN\ScarletAshbringer-0.2.5a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2037, in py_eval
    code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
  File "Z:\VN\ScarletAshbringer-0.2.5a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 690, in py_compile
    raise e
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (game/tyrs_hand.rpy, line 5780)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.4.596
Scarlet Ashbringer 0.2.5a
Mon Jun 24 03:30:07 2024
There appears to be a typo in game/tyrs_hand.rpy, line 5780:
Code:
needs to be changed to:
Code:
if castle_quest_mark == False and chapel_quest_mark == False and dorm_quest_mark == False and guard_tower_quest_mark == False and cathedral_quest_mark == False and scarlet_enclave_quest_mark == False and access_to_sea_quest_mark == False and tavern_quest_mark == False:
To this, actually, if we're being pedantic. The flags are already boolean, there's no need for comparison operator for the if condition, that just makes it difficult to read, but that might be a decompiler artifact:
Code:
if not castle_quest_mark and not chapel_quest_mark and not dorm_quest_mark and not guard_tower_quest_mark and not cathedral_quest_mark and not scarlet_enclave_quest_mark and not access_to_sea_quest_mark and not tavern_quest_mark:
(I unpacked/decompiled the game files using UnRen)

Cool way to code it, thanks! I'll use this. Sorry this bug appeared!
I will soon release a 0.2.5b correcting many bugs, hopefully tonight or tomorrow

Reactions: tenek711
5.00 star(s) 7 Votes