VN Ren'Py Scarlet Ashbringer [v0.2.5b] [Scarlet Ashbringer Studio]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

Mundi

May 20, 2018
Being a big fan of WoW, I look forward to the continuation of this game! :D

Indeed, there are not many H scenes, but the game itself is pretty cool so far I think.

Having screens from the game in addition makes it even more "fun".

The only point that bothers me a bit is the alignment system. I imagine there will be unique dialogue or scenes for each lineup and it will be a little frustrating not being able to see everything unless you restart the game but I understand the principle.

In any case, good luck for the future! o/

P.S: sorry for the post, english is not my original language.

Ashbringer17

Nov 2, 2017
My AV detected it as ransomeware.
Could anyone please confirm? 10x!
As of 0.1.1 this game gave my antivirus 0 warnings and I didn't have any problem at all. I might run more accurate scans if you need them but I'm fairly certain it's a false positive.

nikolasimic

Aug 31, 2017
Lowest hanging fruit possible when jokingly referencing Warcraft III, The Last Airbender, Rick and Morty. I dread to see what else the writing holds.
I would suggest a spellchecker at the very least.

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
Lowest hanging fruit possible when jokingly referencing Warcraft III, The Last Airbender, Rick and Morty. I dread to see what else the writing holds.
I would suggest a spellchecker at the very least.
I fail to see the problem of referencing Warcraft III in a game about World of Warcraft. That seems rather appropriate. You know, because it's the same universe and all. And we're playing in the Plaguelands (Lordaeron), that was plagued by the Scourge and stuff, it was the main point of Warcraft III.
I don't remember making a Last Airbender reference.
And yes, I did one joke referring Rick and Morty. That wasn't very inspired but come on, it's one of the many jokes.

I will see for a spellchecker. Sorry, I'm not native english and I'm trying my best to write a hour-long story in another language that my own. Any corrections are apprecied.

gazz84

Aug 30, 2020
might i suggest some sort of management system so the game will feel less dead when you run out of thing to do (some sort of game play loop)
some sort of tax let say 1000 gold every 5 days to keep the town running and if you can't paid simply u have 0 gold(unless you want to do more with it)
you generate 500-700 gold max upgrade over 5 days so you have to work side job and such for a bit but not too grindy
and some cost (75- 150gold for an item like oil for certain event) to visit girl/s
you can even add some sort of upkeep as the town grown bigger

gold right now seems like a dead currency once you get all the upgrades

Ashbringer17

Nov 2, 2017
might i suggest some sort of management system so the game will feel less dead when you run out of thing to do (some sort of game play loop)
some sort of tax let say 1000 gold every 5 days to keep the town running and if you can't paid simply u have 0 gold(unless you want to do more with it)
you generate 500-700 gold max upgrade over 5 days so you have to work side job and such for a bit but not too grindy
and some cost (75- 150gold for an item like oil for certain event) to visit girl/s
you can even add some sort of upkeep as the town grown bigger

gold right now seems like a dead currency once you get all the upgrades
I mean, that's the point of the upgrades tho. Maybe a better idea instead of a tax (you're not paying them to anyone) would be having higher waves for your guards, or doing propaganda expenses to recruit more, things like that, but I would prefer events over a set amount each week just to have you pay for nothing; after all, if there is no content why would you play a game which, even if it's pleasurable while playing for the first time, is not made to offer you some kind of new amazing gameplay or minigames?

nikolasimic

Aug 31, 2017
I fail to see the problem of referencing Warcraft III in a game about World of Warcraft. [...] I don't remember making a Last Airbender reference.
There's no problem in that way, it's just that part of the game that became a widespread meme. Same is with ATLA, "that's rough, buddy".

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
While I really like the Scarlet Crusade idea, the game is too grindy and the rewards take a loooong time to come. Also, there is no tip system when the player feels with nothing else to do other than work at the tavern.

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
While I really like the Scarlet Crusade idea, the game is too grindy and the rewards take a loooong time to come. Also, there is no tip system when the player feels with nothing else to do other than work at the tavern.
I'm working on the grind aspect
If you need tip, you can drink with your friends at the tavern. That's the tip hub

asdasdasdad

Sep 11, 2017
I like the idea, but where can you submit writing mistakes. Already second line things go wrong. "not that training at scarlet monastery was way better" should be "not that training at scarlet monastery was any better"
Thights should be thighs
"we desesperatly need reinforcement or any help we can gather" should be "we desperately need to gather reinforcements or any help we can get".

Normally I read over errors, but here it is pretty bad. At this point i didnt even put in my name yet. I wouldnt mind proofreading or at least make some suggestions (my english isnt perfect either), because i do like the project itself.

Separin

Oct 22, 2018
I like the idea, but where can you submit writing mistakes. Already second line things go wrong. "not that training at scarlet monastery was way better" should be "not that training at scarlet monastery was any better"
Thights should be thighs
"we desesperatly need reinforcement or any help we can gather" should be "we desperately need to gather reinforcements or any help we can get".

Normally I read over errors, but here it is pretty bad. At this point i didnt even put in my name yet. I wouldnt mind proofreading or at least make some suggestions (my english isnt perfect either), because i do like the project itself.
Go to the game's discord, the link is on the first page.

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
Thights should be thighs

Damn, those completely flew under the radar. (Except ThighTs, which I was told before and had time to correct)
I really wouldn't mind you come on the discord and help me to hunt down those errors. I will soon release a 0.1.2 which will already correct a lot of problems and add a little content, if you're up to seek for correction for those version (to not waste time hunting fixed errors) that could work too.

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
New build is out.

New build : 0.1.2d

Changelog :
-Cocktail minigame now hides the bottle you already picked to avoid double click mistake
-Cocktail minigame now has a "Discard bottle" button if you took one by mistake
-Cocktail minigame earn you 25 gold instead of 20 per cocktail made without checking the recipe
-New dialogue when sleeping with Abbendis with a higher affection
-New dialogue at Sea Access with Whitemane to you know there's nothing more to do
-New dialogue at Zul'Mashar with Ishaye to let you know there's nothing more to do
-Alexandros Mograine took dramaturgy course and now appears with intimidating special effects when he's mad
-Corrected a bug at the mass with Whitemane "be dominated" route
-Corrected a bug that could break the game is you were learning healing and help Whitemane to sleep at the same time
-Corrected a lot more than I can't recall
-Thanks to Hazenium, a lot of typos were corrected

-Auronia slave route was cut. Speak to Auronia at the carabet to switch to love route if you picked the slave route
-New content with the Crimson Courier. If you unlocked the Crimson Bureau, just go here during the day
-New minigame at the Crimson Bureau
-New music for the night
-New map is here !

0.1.2a :
-Corrected a bug that prevented the tower save update

0.1.2b :
-Corrected a couple of mispelt name that prevented image form being displayed

0.1.2c :
-Corrected a bug you couldn't pray with Abbendis the third time

0.1.2d :
-Corrected a bug that prevented you from seeing a scene when you grinded 10 naughtiness points at the Crimson's Bureau
-Corrected a bug that would show an error message if you took Corin's Crossing but went for tips at the Tavern before visiting the town first
-Corrected a few minor visual bugs
-Paperwork minigame reward you with 85 gold instead of 20

How to use your save : With your 0.1.1 build, save at Tyr's Hand map. Then, with your new 0.1.2 build, go to the Guard Tower. The new data will be added and you will be able to continue with your save.

This is a small update. I did way more than what I can show you so far, since that'd require a lot of assets I don't have yet and I'm working on it. A 0.1.3 update should appear before the big 0.2.1, I would say in a month or two The point of this build is mostly to fix the bugs that was reported, to bring the new map, and to make some part of the game more clear (Like showing when an area is out of content)

I will create a new post to advertise it in a near future (If I find out how to do it)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashbringer17

Ashbringer17

Nov 2, 2017
New build is out.
PC
Mac

New build : 0.1.2c

Changelog :
-Cocktail minigame now hides the bottle you already picked to avoid double click mistake
-Cocktail minigame earn you 25 gold instead of 20 per cocktail made without checking the recipe
-New dialogue at Sea Access with Whitemane to you know there's nothing more to do
-New dialogue at Zul'Mashar with Ishaye to let you know there's nothing more to do
-Alexandros Mograine took dramaturgy course and now appears with intimidating special effects when he's mad
-Corrected a bug that could break the game is you were learning healing and help Whitemane to sleep at the same time

-Auronia slave route was cut. Speak to Auronia at the carabet to switch to love route if you picked the slave route
-New content with the Crimson Courier. If you unlocked the Crimson Bureau, just go here during the day
-New music for the night
-New map is here !

0.1.2a :

0.1.2b :

0.1.2c :

How to use your save : With your 0.1.1 build, save at Tyr's Hand map. Then, with your new 0.1.2 build, go to the Guard Tower. The new data will be added and you will be able to continue with your save.

This is a small update. I did way more than what I can show you so far, since that'd require a lot of assets I don't have yet and I'm working on it. A 0.1.3 update should appear before the big 0.2.1, I would say in a month or two The point of this build is mostly to fix the bugs that was reported, to bring the new map, and to make some part of the game more clear (Like showing when an area is out of content)

I will create a new post to advertise it in a near future (If I find out how to do it)
I have... mixed feelings about the new minigame. It is for sure unique, that much is clear. Not sure if annoying or interesting for now.
Can't say I noticed any bug, but I only played the new content.

Anyways, thanks for your good work!

Separin

Oct 22, 2018
New build is out.
PC
Mac

New build : 0.1.2d

Changelog :

-New music for the night
-New map is here !

0.1.2a :

0.1.2b :

0.1.2c :

0.1.2d :
-Corrected a bug that prevented you from seeing a scene when you grinded 10 naughtiness points at the Crimson's Bureau
-Corrected a bug that would show an error message if you took Corin's Crossing but went for tips at the Tavern before visiting the town first
-Corrected a few minor visual bugs
-Paperwork minigame reward you with 85 gold instead of 20

Great job, appreciate your dedication and communication.

Just for future updates, report your update post (bottom left of the post) so mods can put it on the Latest Updates page. A lot of people get notified that way.

Reactions: Scarlet Ashbringer

F9Zoney

Jul 1, 2018

slave route cut forever?

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes