• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py School Game [v0.952] [Sloths Command]

2.60 star(s) 48 Votes

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I know my laptop specs are shit, but this is the first RenPy game that can make my laptop laggy, I think it's the UI that makes it pretty heavy. I tried it on my phone, and it works very well with zero lag.

It's just because my laptop is shit or does the UI really makes the game heavy?
For me, it's sex with random NPCs. For every sex scene with a random NPC I go into, my computer slows down and it does not recover until I restart the game. I have a 6th gen i7 6700HQ and 24GB of DDR4 RAM, which should be plenty good enough. It may not even be the UI, but the code doing it.

Given that I am now getting assaulted by sex requests five times a day, I have to restart within five minutes of loading a save. The frequency of sex is not bad by itself, it would be great if it didn't almost instantly make me have to restart the game because of this slowdown.

EDIT: Okay, so I just switched over to 930 from 928 and I'm starting a new game. How does the male to female slider work? If I want the most females, do I want to move it right or left? Moving it left puts the slider closer to males, but the female number goes up and so does the amount of pink on the slider while moving it right raises the male number and the amount of blue on the slider, so confusing.

EDIT2: Also, it seems the "number of students that go to school" slider doesn't go below 20 since I chose 10 and got more than that. This makes eliminating NPCs more tedious because I have more I will need to eliminate by spamming the option to remove them. On the same note, that would be a good thing to have in the console, a way to use that ability without having to go to Yuki to use it, which gives players a better shot at not letting other guys touch the girls if they don't want since taking guys out completely from being generated can't be an option. Kind of like how we can already edit NPC's clothing without having to go to Yuki because there is a console option for it.

Last edited:

Deimneee

Nov 25, 2021
I dunno if someone has already found this or not,

But I found something interesting, it seems to be some kind of glitch. Apparently, you can abuse the random generate character thing to boost your stats. You can repeat it to generate it and your stats will be increased until you're bored. You can even make your stats reach 100++ at the beginning of the game LMAO.

I played in 929, and I never tested the glitch in 930.

Reactions: sakuzuda

Deimneee

Nov 25, 2021
For me, it's sex with random NPCs. For every sex scene with a random NPC I go into, my computer slows down and it does not recover until I restart the game. I have a 6th gen i7 6700HQ and 24GB of DDR4 RAM, which should be plenty good enough. It may not even be the UI, but the code doing it.

Given that I am now getting assaulted by sex requests five times a day, I have to restart within five minutes of loading a save. The frequency of sex is not bad by itself, it would be great if it didn't almost instantly make me have to restart the game because of this slowdown.

EDIT: Okay, so I just switched over to 930 from 928 and I'm starting a new game. How does the male to female slider work? If I want the most females, do I want to move it right or left? Moving it left puts the slider closer to males, but the female number goes up and so does the amount of pink on the slider while moving it right raises the male number and the amount of blue on the slider, so confusing.

EDIT2: Also, it seems the "number of students that go to school" slider doesn't go below 20 since I chose 10 and got more than that. This makes eliminating NPCs more tedious because I have more I will need to eliminate by spamming the option to remove them. On the same note, that would be a good thing to have in the console, a way to use that ability without having to go to Yuki to use it, which gives players a better shot at not letting other guys touch the girls if they don't want since taking guys out completely from being generated can't be an option. Kind of like how we can already edit NPC's clothing without having to go to Yuki because there is a console option for it.
Damn that's sucks

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Damn that's sucks
It does seem the issue with sex was fixed, but several more things, traceback errors to be precise, popped up that caused me to have to delete the game until next version. I had already deleted my 928 saves because they are incompatible when it goes into random NPC sex, immediate traceback errors when choosing doggy with an old save, so I am now stuck with all my hard work gone and will have to wait for a more stable version.

Last edited:

Looming

May 29, 2022
I dunno if someone has already found this or not,

But I found something interesting, it seems to be some kind of glitch. Apparently, you can abuse the random generate character thing to boost your stats. You can repeat it to generate it and your stats will be increased until you're bored. You can even make your stats reach 100++ at the beginning of the game LMAO.

I played in 929, and I never tested the glitch in 930.
I think I'm one of the first who found this problem, I asked the developer about it, he wrote to me that it was left specifically for testing, i ask 29.05

FlockyWocky

Mar 6, 2021
I know it's MTL but honestly the dialogue is so stiff it's painful. Even when you're not blackmailing, or publicly molesting people without repercussion, and just trying normal romance it feels like you're forcing yourself on whoever it is. The music also feels soo out of place and the NPCs don't look that nice.
Not to mention the grind or how clunky the game is in its totality.

Meh.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I know it's MTL but honestly the dialogue is so stiff it's painful. Even when you're not blackmailing, or publicly molesting people without repercussion, and just trying normal romance it feels like you're forcing yourself on whoever it is. The music also feels soo out of place and the NPCs don't look that nice.
Not to mention the grind or how clunky the game is in its totality.

Meh.
The grind actually isn't bad, really, and some grind should be expected in a game like this. The music is likely not made for the game itself, so that explains why it sounds out of place, especially if there is no one who knows how to match a preexisting song to a scene. Unfortunately, the stiffness is part of the MTL issue depending on what the developers used to translate. That said, the actual story dialogue (Ayano, Yuki, Hitomi, Suzuki, etc.) has improved quite a bit since the first release with story events.

I've been mulling over lending my support to improve the translation to a native English level, but I'm hesitant because I don't know if my offer would be understood. Given that they MTLed the game, they may not be able to understand an offer to help given in English and I know exactly zero Cyrillic script, so written Russian is out, and maybe 10 words in spoken Russian. I can't even tell if it IS Russian and not one of the other Slavic languages that use Cyrillic script, of which there are several and all of which have differences I may not be aware of.

NatsuEn_Scarlet

Jun 6, 2022
How to go abandoned factory ?
You need to wait for a event to trigger.A NPC girl will ask you to help her.And then you need to take her job.Or you can buy the old city map,When the school holds a celebration, you can find a line of small print in the action bar, which can choose to buy the old city map.The last resort is cheating,the best friend code is "sreix".

Reactions: sakuzuda

blueboyjr7

Dec 28, 2018
Kinda hard to understand due to the engrish, but this is something that should be highlighted. Coming from their patreon post:
" We already wrote about this in the discord, but now it is worth talking about it in more detail. Due to some circumstances, an unpleasant understanding came to us, which made us take this step... So, speaking in more detail, all paid versions will be distribute with a mandatory requirement for an Internet connection. If the Patreon code of the desired level not entered in the main menu, then the game will be thrown out. This does not apply to free versions - they will be distribute in the same way as before, exactly until the player enters the Patreon code. However, not everything is as bad as it might seem. Firstly, offline versions of paid versions will be distribute with certain conditions..."
" Naturally, we understand that not everyone may like the mandatory connection via the Internet, which is why we have prepared new privileges right now. First, by purchasing a subscription greater than or equal to Best Friend, you will be able to get a Steam key as soon as the game is released there. There is no doubt about this - in the near future, our game will appear there. Including on other platforms, even on Google Play. Any donator who supported us will be able to get his keys, which the role promises him. The next privilege that our subscriber receives is access to offline paid versions, but... Only assuming he has been actively subscribed to any of the platforms available for support for more than six months."

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Kinda hard to understand due to the engrish, but this is something that should be highlighted. Coming from their patreon post:
" We already wrote about this in the discord, but now it is worth talking about it in more detail. Due to some circumstances, an unpleasant understanding came to us, which made us take this step... So, speaking in more detail, all paid versions will be distribute with a mandatory requirement for an Internet connection. If the Patreon code of the desired level not entered in the main menu, then the game will be thrown out. This does not apply to free versions - they will be distribute in the same way as before, exactly until the player enters the Patreon code. However, not everything is as bad as it might seem. Firstly, offline versions of paid versions will be distribute with certain conditions..."
" Naturally, we understand that not everyone may like the mandatory connection via the Internet, which is why we have prepared new privileges right now. First, by purchasing a subscription greater than or equal to Best Friend, you will be able to get a Steam key as soon as the game is released there. There is no doubt about this - in the near future, our game will appear there. Including on other platforms, even on Google Play. Any donator who supported us will be able to get his keys, which the role promises him. The next privilege that our subscriber receives is access to offline paid versions, but... Only assuming he has been actively subscribed to any of the platforms available for support for more than six months."
I highly doubt they are getting approval for Google Play, they may try, but Google is beyond puritan when it comes to sex games (the only way to even get a sex game on an Android device is through an untrusted APK from a source not approved by Google). Even Steam may deny them because sex is a core aspect that cannot be patched out (they have been known to allow sex games, but usually with the condition that the game as it appears on Steam does not have its sexual content, hence why games need a patch from a different place not associated with Steam).

All this is going to do is alienate and push away players, especially those that don't like the always on internet move that the AAA industry pulls, the same thing Sloths Command is talking about in that quote. They just announced the single worst move they could possibly make with the game as it is now.

Last edited:
2.60 star(s) 48 Votes