Ren'Py School Game [v0.954 Fix 5] [Sloths Command]

2.50 star(s) 50 Votes
Apr 26, 2020
i've written a review for this game some time ago and it was deleted because the dev is a karen and wants the shady things he does hidden.

In short im gonna say this: the dev is a liar that takes patreon money and doesnt use it on the game, and bans people on discord if someone disagrees with him or gives an opinion about the game
Did you properly review the game? also did you actually check the content, because review = rate here is somewhat taken and i lowkey mean somewhat regarded but highly respected.

because actual bad mouthing is grounds for removal. i can say this from experience and i only review if i actually feel its worth the review.

fgh24

Feb 8, 2019
a lot of problems with the new version alot of rollback errors from selecting some things check please fix

Shaktar777

Oct 14, 2018
looks interesting , but a horror to try playing. If you try to save or load it bugs well basically it bug any time you try to anything but the most basic commands. Imho this game is borked to the point it needs a complete rewrite before release again.

Habish

Mar 6, 2021
Where do you check whether or not you have the role? For example if I do these steps and start a new game then in the final setup step I can select for example the "cat ears" or "futa" option whilst normally you couldn't without bestfriend if I remember correctly.

EDIT: If that still does not work for you, try the automated version in my updated post.
Can you give updated code?

I'm struggling to figure out how to open persistent.py... I can open persistent from save folder but that doesn't have any patreon code inside

Adding those 2 lines to a patch file doesn't show futa option when editing npcs , I can see cat ears but I'm not sure if that's premium option or if everyone has it?

I still see key button asking for code tho, and when clicked it shows No as default

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Bugs that should get spotted and patched 10 mins in, unless you literally don't play your own game:

* "Buy Clothes" in Clothing Store produces a crash
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

* Using "Sleep" action before midnight wakes character up at 0:set_minutes (i.e. shortly after midnight) instead of the hour set at the alarm clock. You can then repeatedly "Rest" until morning for extra energy, if you don't mind clicking through the same fives screens of broken gibberish (that could be easily condensed to just a couple sentences on a single screen instead, with zero value lost)

* Culinary Experience character highlight doesn't seem to unlock all cooking recipes like it's said to do. Or at least doesn't add them to recipe list -- it seems to be causing the following bug:

* Cooking UI appears to be broken or, at the very least, extremely unintuitive. Yes, i'm aware of the post https://f95zone.to/threads/school-game-v0-932-fix-sloths-command.48601/post-7433549 The procedure seems to fail at step #3 -- it doesn't matter what ingredient combination for whatever dish are selected, clicking "Combine All" button produces no effect whatsoever, not even a message your efforts failed. (incidentally, if you have recipe cookbook then it should just copy recipes from it to your recipe list automatically, instead of this manual combining nonsense)

(i'd guess Culinary Experience marks all recipes as known internally but doesn't actually add them to recipe list. So you can't "discover" them by combining ingredients, but at the same time you don't have these recipes on your recipe list, so can't select them to cook anything but the one dish you start with)

* Clicking "Done" button next to the alarm clock at PC's home doesn't appear to be doing anything whatsoever. What is it even for?

* Actions between two RNPCs ("fights with", "argues with" etc) frequently target NPC who isn't present in given location. When interacting with such paired NPCs some actions (e.g. unwanted groping) mix up attacker and target, resulting in words of attacker presented with name/portrait of the victim and vice versa.

* The "beating up (bully)" RNPC action changes who the bully doing the beating up actually is, depending on which of the two RNPCs involved you interact with. I.e. if you see X and Y with "beating up (bully)" targeting each other, interacting with X makes X the bully, while interacting with Y makes Y the bully.

* Are sexual act counters for RNPCs global (including NPC interactions) or with the PC only? If it's the latter, they seem broken -- a (virgin) girl who gave a single blowjob and had sex with the PC once shows "sexual acts: 2" and "blowjobs: 25" few in-game hours later.

* RNPC scheduler does pretty poor work with picking locations they attend -- 9:00 Monday, out of 100+ students only 30 are at school (only ~10 of them in classrooms), 30 in all other locations around town, and 40+ are missing and unaccounted for. This undermines plausibility of supposed school simulation badly.

* RNPCs switch between different clothing sets randomly while the PC is interacting with them. Totally normal and everyday thing to do in the middle of a park or similar place.

* Backroom in the School Pool area is considered a public place even when the PC is the only person there with NPC you invite using the phone. Either that or there's no actual distinction between "public" and "in private" and the text talking how lewd action failed because the NPC didn't want to do things in public, or how other people begin to stare... is just a hardcoded nonsense.

* RNPC [busy] action descriptions always refer to NPC as a male ("his smartphone", "he sighs" etc) even when they're a girl.

* Meiko branch keeps referring to video tape you've recorded (including the PC's internal narration) even if you never make any actual video and just bluffed your way through

* Credit where due: gotta respect a guy who can keep his boner up and not just crumple hysterically laughing faced with a sight like this:

1662260792618.png

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
1662328629120.png

Uhh, game, maybe you should've remembered this fact a bit sooner. Like...

1662328686083.png

1662328696401.png

1662328707258.png

... right, before any of that happened, instead of only afterwards when she was picking her clothes up?

I guess the trait could always be renamed to touch-me-not-unless-you've-got-spare-1000¥ :whistle:

edit: wait a minute...

1662332151981.png

...this does not look like a touch-me-not character trait.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wooho272

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
When your date with NPC goes so bad the game keels over:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/mods/npc/date_with_npc.rpy", line 754, in <module>
  File "game/system/function_library.rpy", line 3505, in give_stats_npc
TypeError: eval() arg 1 must be a string, bytes or code object
and another one, on different date path
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

On a side note, the skill checks for date dialogues might be set a tad bit too high? It's rather jarring when the everyday interactions with NPC and talk about all topics practically never fail, but then you go on a date and it's nothing but fails because "you lack charisma" unless you stick to the most dull weather talk.

also, some rounding up/down for the outcome gains might be in order:

before...
1662338292599.png

...and after
1662338128538.png

Really no need for that 4+ decimal points precision there.

Last edited:

Dora Chueva

Aug 19, 2018
Called Meiko at Saturday. This happened. Progress with her: have had sex with her in her room.

Also there is a random contact in the phone, not sure where from

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I might need to brush up on my anatomy and gender studies, but...

1662404991494.png

"girl". of the "guy in real life" variety, apparently.

There seems to be two (or more) issues that result in stuff like this:

* one, the text for various scenes is written with female NPC in mind, and pays no attention to whether the target is actually a girl. So you get things like "everyday topics" text describing how your eloquence totally wooed the girl you're flirting with, when the person you're talking to is a boy, and similar silliness.

* two, it seems that sometimes the game gets confused and uses in such events appearance data of one person but name of another, making it difficult to say which, out of these two, the person the action concerned actually was.

* three, the person list in the UI seemingly, occasionally doesn't sync with actual locations of NPCs. E.g. you can see RNPC at the beach with action "prays at the altar" which suggests they're actually at the temple. Or you see mentioned earlier interactions with RNPC who isn't present at the location. (alternatively, the action selector is just really bad at its job; it does some funny stuff like making students smoke when their info says "smokes? no")

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Not sure if this one is a bug or potential design oversight:

1662423453875.png

What we have here is a RNPC with >500 scores in Relationship and Attachment with the PC, providing a random public blowjob to another NPC.

Now, there's two possibilities:

* one, this is by design; in which case you might want to add NTR to your game tags (and/or make it a toggle) because there's quite a few players of these games who'll absolutely lose their goddamn minds if they see "their" girls blowing random strangers. And they'll be very vocal about how they weren't warned this could happen here.

* two, it's a bug and another case of action selector doing a poor job; in which case it's probably better to fix it to avoid scenario outlined above :v

On a side-note, there's a related, another bug. -- if you summon a character to your location using the phone (Tell Your Location->Wait For) and that character is currently busy performing the blowjob, then the "witnessing public blowjob" scene will trigger in the player's current location. I presume the same will happen with other ongoing actions involving multiple RNPCs.

Wooho272

Mar 2, 2020
Not sure if this one is a bug or potential design oversight:

View attachment 2027609

What we have here is a RNPC with >500 scores in Relationship and Attachment with the PC, providing a random public blowjob to another NPC.

Now, there's two possibilities:

* one, this is by design; in which case you might want to add NTR to your game tags (and/or make it a toggle) because there's quite a few players of these games who'll absolutely lose their goddamn minds if they see "their" girls blowing random strangers. And they'll be very vocal about how they weren't warned this could happen here.
Hi. This action has already been moved to the "NTR" tags. It can only be enabled via the console in new versions of games.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Hi. This action has already been moved to the "NTR" tags. It can only be enabled via the console in new versions of games.
Ahh cool, that explains it. I wasn't sure since there's no NTR tag listed for this thread, you might want to add it if it's going to be a feature in future releases.

2.50 star(s) 50 Votes