redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Cool, at least I know I just need to repeat the same process again.

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
Cool, at least I know I just need to repeat the same process again.
Do you do the patching manually? If so, I have something that could help. I wanted to try my previous idea for sort of future-proof patcher and came up with this. In SLFpatch.dat (text file) there's definition what should be changed with simple format:
Code:
#comment
@filename1
-search1
+replace1
-search2
+replace2
@filename2
-search1
+replace1
Strings in "search" need to be complete (up to the ending 0x00), including special characters (only "\n" for 0x0A and "\r" for 0x0D are supported). Patcher searches not only for bare strings, but also for preceding four bytes with length of the string, which works as a sanity check. Replacement string can be shorter and will be padded with spaces (0x20).
I'm not not trying to steal your show, I'm too lazy to keep up with updates for future texts. I'm just presenting this as a tool that could help anyone who's willing to do that.

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
@redknight00 I have a question for your patch.Could you please change the text from Mimi and Maria in the book? I have make 2 screenshots how it was in the older version.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Do you do the patching manually? If so, I have something that could help. I wanted to try my previous idea for sort of future-proof patcher and came up with this. In SLFpatch.dat (text file) there's definition what should be changed with simple format:
Code:
#comment
@filename1
-search1
+replace1
-search2
+replace2
@filename2
-search1
+replace1
Strings in "search" need to be complete (up to the ending 0x00), including special characters (only "\n" for 0x0A and "\r" for 0x0D are supported). Patcher searches not only for bare strings, but also for preceding four bytes with length of the string, which works as a sanity check. Replacement string can be shorter and will be padded with spaces (0x20).
I'm not not trying to steal your show, I'm too lazy to keep up with updates for future texts. I'm just presenting this as a tool that could help anyone who's willing to do that.
I'll look into that, thanks, but mostly it's just quality control, the editing itself takes 20m tops.

Edit: for the record the edits have already been done to 1.05 and short testing, so if anyone wants to try it, download again the link i posted before.

BiggusDikkus

Jan 5, 2018
I have looked at the all the comments here and I don't see that anyone else is consistently having freezes. I am running this game in Ubuntu via wine and if I minimize or put the game in the background it freezes...every time. I can quit and restart the game so I save often. I can play other Unity games without this issue so I think this may be a real issue for the Mr. Walkius.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
started playing today, game hasn't froze on me once, haven't experienced any bugs at all.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
For double dating with Mayo and Iris (Warning: As you all know, editing saves can be dangerous)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you. That was exactly what was needed to toggle Iris as a sex friend/opportunity. It worked perfectly with my save.

Reactions: Kara Zor-El
3.40 star(s) 62 Votes