taco7

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
Thanks. Can I ask you a question? Will this "Second Class" update be the last or is the game still far from complete? I'm asking you what - I'm translating such games and would really like to translate your game into Russian. (A bunch of my favorite fetishes and perversions ;))
But games based on RPGM are better to translate when they are fully completed (just too many variables and if you translate through plugins that provide the possibility of updating, you can miss some fork in the plot or dialogue. So I translate directly in the main code, and there you can not insert an update - you need to transfer everything with "handles". With renpy, it's much easier to adapt new versions of the game.)
I don't know if i'd call it far from complete, but the next update will not be the last.

snoupy

Jun 4, 2019
congratulations Taco for your new game!!! also, i would like to say that i really love the school edition from Second Class... its fantastic

Nov 7, 2020
The new game is absolutely awesome!! It would be really cool to see some basic sound effects added to the new game.

I really like second class, but in my opinion the rpg element of it detracts from the experience and I'm not really a fan of rpgm; that's not to say I don't like the game because I do.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Yes. I understand some people might not like that, but the patreon for second class has plateaued at around $400 a month for awhile now. While I'm very grateful for all that support, I'd really like to make enough money to work on the game full time. I'm hoping by starting a game in renpy, with more traditional attractive characters, that I'll be able to capture a larger patron base.
Well some people may eat me up for this, but one the reasons you've plateaued is because of how niche your game is. Just changing the engine or more "attractive characters" isn't going to suddenly bring in a huge number of people. If you really want to bring in more players you need to have it be playable and enjoyable to more average players.

• Angry
Reactions: cougs and Petruha2k

CuteTrapFeet

Dec 28, 2019
Well some people may eat me up for this, but one the reasons you've plateaued is because of how niche your game is. Just changing the engine or more "attractive characters" isn't going to suddenly bring in a huge number of people. If you really want to bring in more players you need to have it be playable and enjoyable to more average players.
I am gonna eat you up for this! Jk lol. Seriously though i think niche games are awesome. People have all sorts of fetishes suppressed and games like this could awaken them. I wouldn't advice a dev to do boring stuff everyone else does already, especially if their heart is not into it..

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I am gonna eat you up for this! Jk lol. Seriously though i think niche games are awesome. People have all sorts of fetishes suppressed and games like this could awaken them. I wouldn't advice a dev to do boring stuff everyone else does already, especially if their heart is not into it..
I dont disagree, I like plenty of very niche games, but very limited audience comes with the territory. Sometime you gotta make compromises, and I could see a more mainstream femdom game filling in that gap.

taco7

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
I dont disagree, I like plenty of very niche games, but very limited audience comes with the territory. Sometime you gotta make compromises, and I could see a more mainstream femdom game filling in that gap.
Yeah I get what you're saying. I'm well aware my fetishes limit my audience, but I started the game because there were so few games about my interests. If I were to start making mainstream games, it would defeat the purpose of me making my own games.

While I agree that I could probably capture a bigger audience if I made a more vanilla game, I think I can can see some improvement by using renpy. There are a decent number of people that just don't like rpgmaker, so by releasing a renpy game I increase my potential audience by some at least.

And the conventionally attractive characters thing speaks for itself.

taco7

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
The new game is absolutely awesome!! It would be really cool to see some basic sound effects added to the new game.

I really like second class, but in my opinion the rpg element of it detracts from the experience and I'm not really a fan of rpgm; that's not to say I don't like the game because I do.
Glad you liked it! There are some sound effects in the game, but not very many. It's something I wanted to do more of. I just really wanted to get the build out in December and ran out of time.

Yeah that sentiment is basically the whole reason for the new game.

Reactions: whenimclownin2

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Yeah I get what you're saying. I'm well aware my fetishes limit my audience, but I started the game because there were so few games about my interests. If I were to start making mainstream games, it would defeat the purpose of me making my own games.

While I agree that I could probably capture a bigger audience if I made a more vanilla game, I think I can can see some improvement by using renpy. There are a decent number of people that just don't like rpgmaker, so by releasing a renpy game I increase my potential audience by some at least.

And the conventionally attractive characters thing speaks for itself.
Well I hope it works out for.

bip77

Apr 21, 2020
Maybe I'm missing something obvious...?
You've started a new game called "Slave High" to attract new patreons?
How is this supposed to work with absolutely no (public) info about this new game?
Because there is "slave" in the name?
I've searched on your patreon page but didn't find any accessible info.
No screenshots, no plot, no nothing...
(?)

jedsho1234

Jan 7, 2018
How is this supposed to work with absolutely no (public) info about this new game?
(?)
Well his last 16 patreon posts have been about his new game since he made a post announcing the new game in early November... And most of those posts have included screen shots, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The new game shows a lot of promise, and Second Class is a first class game (ey, see what I did there?)

Keep up the great work, Taco!

bip77

Apr 21, 2020
Well his last 16 patreon posts have been about his new game since he made a post announcing the new game in early November... And most of those posts have included screen shots, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, but to see them you already have to be a patreon. I am not, so I don't see anything. That was my point.

taco7

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2017
(?)
It will be released to the public in a couple of days. That is how it will hopefully attract more patrons. I just wanted to give my current patrons a week with it first, as a thank you for their support.

I also intend to update the patreon when I release to the public. I just didn't want to advertise something people couldn't play.

bip77

Apr 21, 2020
It will be released to the public in a couple of days. That is how it will hopefully attract more patrons. I just wanted to give my current patrons a week with it first, as a thank you for their support.

I also intend to update the patreon when I release to the public. I just didn't want to advertise something people couldn't play.
Ok, thank you for the explanation. That makes sense.

Uhighboy

Jan 7, 2021
(?)

Is slave high out for the public already?

4.10 star(s) 37 Votes