Others Abandoned Secret Horse Files 3 [v0.36] [Levy]

4.10 star(s) 9 Votes

ScarletIce

Sep 12, 2017
Lets let the guy work, those of us keeping up know the Secret Horse Files is NOT abandoned and to those providing tidbits of updates; Thank You.

Until the next version is out, just enjoy what is there and wait patiently.
For real, the only people complaining are the people that haven't bothered to read the updates.

DeDante

Jul 21, 2020
in fact, those who are tired of waiting complain, for example: I've been waiting for a year and I'm not complaining.

Humpydumpy

Aug 1, 2020
Tiny News
-
-
-
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
We're reaching the absolute end now, aren't we? Reactions work, they have the debugger completely set up, and they're at the absolute tail end of the roadmap. I'm not tech savvy so I'm not really sure what's left but it sounds like it should be out pretty soon. I know this post is probably going to age poorly but I'm really feeling October or early November at this pace.

Hawkthrowaway12

Oct 4, 2019
We're reaching the absolute end now, aren't we? Reactions work, they have the debugger completely set up, and they're at the absolute tail end of the roadmap. I'm not tech savvy so I'm not really sure what's left but it sounds like it should be out pretty soon. I know this post is probably going to age poorly but I'm really feeling October or early November at this pace.

Depends on how much work is left, as well as how much free time the dev has to do it in, but yeah it seems like we're nearing the end of the dev cycle for the reaction update.

Relius

Mar 11, 2018
Do we know what characters will be in the final version?

Sims4Amateur

Jul 27, 2021
I hope you're right about it being soon, but "the last 20% of the work takes 80% of the time" is true for most software projects. From the last update it sounds like Levy is unwell again which means that short-term progress might be slow.

Humpydumpy

Aug 1, 2020
Do we know what characters will be in the final version?
No clue. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same exact cast as the previous update since they've gone all in on uplifting the project and it'd be weird to shift focus towards character spam after making that a dedication for years. If we do have new characters I bet it'd just be a few of the new characters that have been made since this project was started, like Tempest Shadow or the mane 5.

Relius

Mar 11, 2018
No clue. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same exact cast as the previous update since they've gone all in on uplifting the project and it'd be weird to shift focus towards character spam after making that a dedication for years. If we do have new characters I bet it'd just be a few of the new characters that have been made since this project was started, like Tempest Shadow or the mane 5.
On one hand, that's very fair, on the other, there's a few characters I would like to see added. I guess we'll see!

Darker_Alicorn

Mar 23, 2023
iirc he said that the new engine will allow characters to be added by the community. He did also say that he would be removing some less savory themes form the game so the CMC may be their older counterparts instead of being fillies.
I wouldn't worry, he adressed this on a post at Jan 03, 2023:

"I'm not planning on removing/limiting "spicy" content in SHF3 and future games. Just recontextualizing it."

"The CMC aren't being removed. For small characters, they'll be presented in a clearly adult form to avoid any confusion that they might not be of age. Then there'll be something like growth and shrinking potions, indicating that it'll change their body size but leave their mind unchanged."

tester72

Nov 8, 2019

"I'm not planning on removing/limiting "spicy" content in SHF3 and future games. Just recontextualizing it."

"The CMC aren't being removed. For small characters, they'll be presented in a clearly adult form to avoid any confusion that they might not be of age. Then there'll be something like growth and shrinking potions, indicating that it'll change their body size but leave their mind unchanged."
I remember that post and i was thinking that theres a clear difference between something being young, a midget or shrinked.
If you get a filly rainbow dash that shouldnt look like its the regular but scaled down.

I guess we'll see how it turns out.

Reactions: Helivesoncemore

Connyvex

Jun 20, 2020

Well that fucking blows.

KL-001-A

Dec 16, 2019
Well that fucking blows.
Could be funny if he adds a head scale slider and a body scale slider and people can just remake the kid characters anyway.
That said though, I'm personally glad he's removing the kids since that's kinda icky and also gets all kinds of games yeeted from this mortal coil, and it'd suck if we waited all this time only for the dev to get a big boot up his ass and all the waiting is for nothing.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Helivesoncemore
4.10 star(s) 9 Votes