VN Ren'Py Secrets of Sorcery [v0.24.5 Public] [Habardgames]

3.60 star(s) 11 Votes

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
I just stay here for the story which is good but the tracker is awful. You have to click on every character to see who HAS new events.. than spam all areas that character is in to find out where to trigger the new scene. This is the major downfall of this game is the awful tracker system. Seriously could simply put an symbol on the girls with events to alleviate this major problem some so don't have to go around the wheel on every update to see what girls to focus on.

Main Events don't bother after you finish all the girls that have new events just take a look and see if you seen them all as main events are auto triggered and will happen no matter what so I ignore it until I finished all girls events than take a look to see if the update is done.. no main events.. save game wait for an update.

Here is typical game play for those not played it before.
1. Start Game
2. Go into character guide
3. Go around wheel and find out what girls have events
4. Focus on a single girl to finish all events by just going to places where you find that girl
5. Repeat for next girl when you seen all girl events
6. Go to main events see if there is any left you have not seen. If not just repeat days in each area until events trigger.

Another problem is many events only trigger on weekends so you end up just fast skipping until you get to weekend and try different areas for Sat and Sun to trigger the event.
You can solve a bunch of this by being a bit smarter before you redownload the whole game from here. Every update (since we aren't getting paid builds) will be on patreon by the time you notice this update there. Go to the patreon via the link in the OP, check the latest post, and while you download the 22ish mb patch instead of the 500mb? game, read the patch notes which will say who has new events.

Then yeah see them in the school or weekends, pay attention to friday afternoon which it can be, and if you're able to call whoever has a new event, check that out every now and then.

Deserted

Dec 21, 2017
I'm not far in but I just had to comment on something that is quite noticeable in this one. I have to say I've never quite experienced a game where the punctualization is a mess like it is here. It does feel pretty sloppy to be perfectly honest. I've seen Questions that had dots at the end, sentences with surperflous dots, missing dots, wrong commas and so on. The writing is decent for the most part but there are some weird/unusual word choices which sometimes lead to having to take a second look at what is being said.

3.60 star(s) 11 Votes