Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
The same for the reminder of act 1.

Act 2 will see a lot of trimming of excess fat. Does Alexia really need 5 jobs? Were Wineries a necessary addition to the map? Did it have to be that large? Were spies a necessary mechanic? What about the Forge? Was it really necessary to have so many castle NPCs basicaly detached from the main plot? And so on, and so on.

For act 1, we're neck deep in sunk costs and removing certain elements would be more time consuming than simply seeing them properly implemented.
As I said, I respect the decision to "weather the storm" so to speak, and I do love what you've done with the game so far. But there absolutely needs to be some cruel fat-slimming for Act II.

Reactions: projenkostarlic

SpoiledPrince

Apr 23, 2019
Here goes nothing: It could be nice to see one of the surviving members of Rowan's party learning about his current exploits and facing him in battle during ACT II. They could even make the Twins' forces retreat a couple of times before victory. Then after that hero/ine's fall, the rest of them would leave their retirement and unite against the new demonic menace.

Maybe they could get their own allied deadly fantasy races, just as Rowan managed to do.

Bmagada

Dec 18, 2021
Here goes nothing: It could be nice to see one of the surviving members of Rowan's party learning about his current exploits and facing him in battle during ACT II. They could even make the Twins' forces retreat a couple of times before victory. Then after that hero/ine's fall, the rest of them would leave their retirement and unite against the new demonic menace.

Maybe they could get their own allied deadly fantasy races, just as Rowan managed to do.
and then he could fuck his way through them......brilliant!

Lavinotinto

Feb 6, 2023
What storylines get axed, and which are finished, as you move the plot to act 2?
Cut:

- The Dryad and Minotaur girl plot.
- Goblin Alliance.
- Ophelia, basically all Tavern plot.
- Brothel plot.

Keep:

Helayna, Xtlara, Liurial, Goblin mommy, Heartsong, Rastedel girls and all the interactions with Andras and Jezzera anything else it's just fill.

kaspqz

Jun 26, 2021
Cut:

- Goblin Alliance.
- Brothel plot.

Keep:

Helayna, Xtlara, Liurial, Goblin mommy, Heartsong, Rastedel girls and all the interactions with Andras and Jezzera anything else it's just fill.
Oi, don't touch Ophelia

Reactions: Tiredpuff

kaspqz

Jun 26, 2021
Really? Ophelia? She is written like a fuckboy with tits. No offense to the writers but some of her dialogue and pick up lines give me second hand embarrassment.
I like how she looks and her part in the Tavern, she has her function and i'm fine with it. I don't need every character to be as complex as rocket science

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
Cut:

- Goblin Alliance.
- Brothel plot.

Keep:

Oi, don't touch Ophelia
Really? Ophelia? She is written like a fuckboy with tits. No offense to the writers but some of her dialogue and pick up lines give me second hand embarrassment.
Also, does it advance the plot in any way?
That's the thing though, isn't it? Pretty much any character with a unique portrait is going to be somebodies favorite. Hell, some characters without portraits get a decent amount of people asking for them to receive more content.

The devs would have better information than any of us on what characters their patreons care about, and at at the end of the day the patreon is what will be the the real determining factor. So even if that character doesn't have a lot of plot relevance, if they have a decent number of fans, you can't really cut them with out potentially hurting the patreon.

Pretty much as long as the patreon remains healthy, rocking the boat is likely a bad idea, no matter how much us leechers might complain. Now if the patreon were to take a significant dip, that would be another matter.

Nym85

Dec 15, 2018
That's the thing though, isn't it? Pretty much any character with a unique portrait is going to be somebodies favorite. Hell, some characters without portraits get a decent amount of people asking for them to receive more content.

The devs would have better information than any of us on what characters their patreons care about, and at at the end of the day the patreon is what will be the the real determining factor. So even if that character doesn't have a lot of plot relevance, if they have a decent number of fans, you can't really cut them with out potentially hurting the patreon.

Pretty much as long as the patreon remains healthy, rocking the boat is likely a bad idea, no matter how much us leechers might complain. Now if the patreon were to take a significant dip, that would be another matter.
I mean, I am a patreon? And I'll say Ophelia has gotten great CGs so I get why someone would be into her. And I'm somewhat OK in that it is actual lesbian content. But the tavern has so much content and most of it is not even advancing the AndrasXAlexia story, let alone the actual plot of the game. It is entirely superfluous. Does it even help worldbuilding?

mehGusta

Aug 28, 2017
I mean, I am a patreon? And I'll say Ophelia has gotten great CGs so I get why someone would be into her. And I'm somewhat OK in that it is actual lesbian content. But the tavern has so much content and most of it is not even advancing the AndrasXAlexia story, let alone the actual plot of the game. It is entirely superfluous. Does it even help worldbuilding?
if you have to go this far, then you could also ask if alexia working has any benefit at all. her work is never important for the story as everything she does is optional.
the library gives a bit history on the chaos side of things.
the forge is mainly just greyhide backstory and a little bit castle upkeep.
the maid job is jezera and her politics.
the breeding pit is monster lore.
so there is really nothing of "importance" going on. especially since even if alexia would learn something of value for the plot, like as a maid for jezera, we don't even see her instructing things to rowan in that regard. we hardly see them interact outside of romantic/sexy stuff in general.
but do you play games like SoC for the main plot only? maybe it really captivated you. who knows? but i doubt that even 10% of players think like that. most want to see their favorite character in scenes. the more the better.

and in regards of worldbuilding: of course the tavern helps with that. with rowan we mostly get to see the heart of the military might of the twins. it's interesting to see how the forces of chaos deal with the outliers of the kingdoms.
generally speaking every character addition to a story allows for worldbuilding.

Nym85

Dec 15, 2018
Cut:

- Goblin Alliance.
- Brothel plot.

Keep:

On the Brothel, the thing is that it helps a bit with worldbuilding and I can see it being a part of the next act and definitely important if you ever hope to take down the Twins.

On Goblin Alliance, it does make sense to have more than one route for that part. It does annoy me that there is so much sex in the goblin route and far less in the orc route.

For the Tavern, keep the parts that are Andras X Alexia (though as I said, I don't think the Alexia as deuteragonist was ever needed).

Nym85

Dec 15, 2018
if you have to go this far, then you could also ask if alexia working has any benefit at all. her work is never important for the story as everything she does is optional.
the library gives a bit history on the chaos side of things.
the forge is mainly just greyhide backstory and a little bit castle upkeep.
the maid job is jezera and her politics.
the breeding pit is monster lore.
so there is really nothing of "importance" going on. especially since even if alexia would learn something of value for the plot, like as a maid for jezera, we don't even see her instructing things to rowan in that regard. we hardly see them interact outside of romantic/sexy stuff in general.
but do you play games like SoC for the main plot only? maybe it really captivated you. who knows? but i doubt that even 10% of players think like that. most want to see their favorite character in scenes. the more the better.

and in regards of worldbuilding: of course the tavern helps with that. with rowan we mostly get to see the heart of the military might of the twins. it's interesting to see how the forces of chaos deal with the outliers of the kingdoms.
generally speaking every character addition to a story allows for worldbuilding.
I already said that above. (and got a few facepalms for it). Alexia doesn't help advance the plot and if it wasn't for the Alexia deuteragonist part, the game would be in Act 3.

Would the game be as successful? Probably not. But the plot would be moving.

• Haha
Reactions: monk_56

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
Alright your a patreon, so you get a vote. What do the other 9000 patreons have to say about it? The best way to find out would be putting out a patreon survey, but since you can't really do that, so the next best thing would be to start an emoji reaction poll on the discord server. Just ask them if they think that Ophelia should be cut to speed along development, and then let us know what the results are. I haven't been a patreon in about a year so I'm not up to date on the overall patreon mindset. But I would still wager that keeping Ophelia would win by quite a bit. I'm wiling to be proven wrong though.

Personally I don't care about Ophelia one way or another. If they removed her I would barely notice. But I also know that she does have her fans, so no matter how plot irrelevant she might be there would still be push back to cutting her.

Then again Ophelia is a bit of a special case. She has been around for a while and already has a decent amount of content. How much more content is even planned for her? At this point it might actually be less work to finish her arc than it would be to remove her. If you want you can do polls for the other things as well, they have less history and less sunk costs so they might get different results. Although I think those polls would end up the same way.

Reactions: Jack O Man

Nym85

Dec 15, 2018
Alright your a patreon, so you get a vote. What do the other 9000 patreons have to say about it? The best way to find out would be putting out a patreon survey, but since you can't really do that, so the next best thing would be to start an emoji reaction poll on the discord server. Just ask them if they think that Ophelia should be cut to speed along development, and then let us know what the results are. I haven't been a patreon in about a year so I'm not up to date on the overall patreon mindset. But I would still wager that keeping Ophelia would win by quite a bit. I'm wiling to be proven wrong though.

Personally I don't care about Ophelia one way or another. If they removed her I would barely notice. But I also know that she does have her fans, so no matter how plot irrelevant she might be there would still be push back to cutting her.

Then again Ophelia is a bit of a special case. She has been around for a while and already has a decent amount of content. How much more content is even planned for her? At this point it might actually be less work to finish her arc than it would be to remove her. If you want you can do polls for the other things you said to cut as well, they have less history and less sunk costs so they might get different results. Although I think those polls would end up the same way.
They do patreon surveys btw. I think at least once a year?

If they went by the patreon surveys, I assume Andras would be dead and the game would be about Alexia and various monster cocks.

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
They do patreon surveys btw. I think at least once a year?

If they went by the patreon surveys, I assume Rowan would be dead and the game would be about Alexia and various monster cocks.
I know, hence why I said they have a better idea of what the patreons want than we do.

vandal.h

Oct 15, 2023

Then again Ophelia is a bit of a special case. She has been around for a while and already has a decent amount of content. How much more content is even planned for her? At this point it might actually be less work to finish her arc than it would be to remove her. If you want you can do polls for the other things as well, they have less history and less sunk costs so they might get different results. Although I think those polls would end up the same way.
I mean as one of the few non Jezera Lesbian options she's fine and I wasn't saying to remove her entirely. Just delay her plot till the second arc. She hasn't really had sex with Alexia yet, just some fantasy scene and breast sucking IIRC.

Nym85

Dec 15, 2018
I know, hence why I said they have a better idea of what the patreons want than we do.
And it shouldn't be important but up to a point. You take into account what patreons want ofc but at the end of the day, you need for the project to move. I am sure this year when they had the Andras x Rowan arc in nearly every update, they probably lost so many subs but it had to be done because it is part of the roadmap.

When you make a game, you make the game you want, not what the patreons want. or else you will NEVER finish.

Last edited:

LeedMeep

Jan 18, 2020
Scene Replay Mod

How to use

Download one of the following depending on which version of the game you are using:

0.4.01: SoC0401-windows.zip
0.3.13: SoC0313-windows.zip

Both are attached to this post.
  • Unzip to the "game" folder.
  • Launch the game and go to "Bonus" -> "Scene Replay"
  • Use the "Unlock" button in the bottom left corner to unlock all the scenes.
  • Scenes will naturally unlock as you play the game anyway.
  • To apply filters, press "Scene Filters" in the bottom left corner.
If you find any bugs, please let me know.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hope opaquecake is alright for whatever he/she's doing, i'll wait for the update....

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes