mesoru

Sep 22, 2017
Cucklord has posted a public survey now -
What a long ass survey, i don't even remember some of the characters names and events (didn't play for quite a few updates :coldsweat:). But i feel the character that most need content is that tavern woman (can't remember the name).

Tydeusv

Mar 2, 2017
So many fetishes but only 3 choices... :closedeyesmile::closedeyesmile::closedeyesmile:
Quote from the discord about this:

"that was the point
we'll do a more in depth one [for fetishes] later
but you guys telling me you like ten or more fetishes is a bit of a crap indicator when deciding what needs to be added sooner than later :)"

Reactions: mesoru

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
It says the latest version???? But it isn't the backers build??? Some of the Art/Img work is missing. I noted some Scenes as listed in the Scenes guide for previous version that should have fed through into this version but haven't.

Aug 26, 2016
Cucklord has posted a public survey now -
Interesting. I think I may have given misleading information on one of the questions. Is the third mission part of the unfinished Orciad stuff or not? If no, I fucked up, as I thought that was the third mission or whatever. The second mission would be getting the 500 gold and Raeve keep taken on schedule I'd have to assume. Or who knows maybe I fucked that up too, heh.

Aug 26, 2016
Here's something...interesting.

This post is a signal boost for a creator who’s work we love. More about signal boosts at the bottom of this post.

One of the things I’ve always taken a liking to are Slavemaker games. So much even, that at some point slave management was a feature I wanted to add to Seeds of Chaos. I eventually scrapped that idea, since it proved to be a bit too much of a genre-mix, but I never stopped searching for inspiring games in the genre.

One game I discovered fashionably late is Strive for Power, and I’m happy I did. The concept of Strive for Power isn’t too groundbreaking (grow riches and esteem and manage slaves), but it is quite well executed. The world is one of scarcity, where besides coin and food, another currency is important - mana. It so happens that mana in this fantasy world is produced by acts of either pleasure or pain. An excellent setup for a lewd game.

With a good few hours of time in Strive I’ve formed a pretty decent opinion I think. Below are the things I feel stand out:

Art

Pretty nice for WEG standards. Besides the character art there are a lot of backgrounds that liven the game up, and you can hide the interface for a good peek every now and then.

Variety

There is quite a lot to do between interacting with slaves, visiting town, quests, exploring the world, etc. The game opens up quite a bit after initial quests as well.

Choice

You get a lot of choice and control overall: designing the PC appearance and playing how you want stat wise, the specifications of your slaves (down to their virginity), upgrading the manor how you want, etc.

Interesting integration of sex

The way the sexual scenes are implemented , with both the negotiation before hand, and the mechanics during, is quite involved and interesting. Basically you could say that the control over how you like things, extends into the bedroom and beyond.

Good UI

The user interface kind of makes or breaks a slave training game. Strive is set up very nicely in this regard: navigating the manor is easy, and finding everything you need isn’t a problem because it feels intuitive.

That’s it for this signal boost. If the concept of a Western slave trainer with good mechanics and a lot of choice appeals to you check out Strive for Power. It’s free to play, so you can’t go wrong :) If are interested in the game, and want to check it out, you can find the latest public version and support them over on their .

---

About this post

The hardest thing about creating a game is getting the word out so you can gain the needed financial support. Social media helps, but it usually takes a year or two to properly get going (and costs an ocean of time to keep running). As I believe the pond of adult games is big enough for all of us, I decided to start doing signal boosts. This means that every once in a while, we boost a creator who’s work we love by spreading the word. Often they do the same for us, and thus we both get to grow and do more of what we enjoy. Just wanted to clear that up.

It's great that he's promoting other people's stuff that he likes and all, but this almost sounds like the slave trainer is either scrapped or put on permanent hiatus. I could be wrong though, anyone have more detailed information perhaps?

Dec 3, 2017
It's great that he's promoting other people's stuff that he likes and all, but this almost sounds like the slave trainer is either scrapped or put on permanent hiatus. I could be wrong though, anyone have more detailed information perhaps?
If I recall correctly, the last time they said something about the development of the slave trainer in SoC was that it was mostly just a proof-of-concept, and they would only develop it after the main story of the game was complete. If they completely drop it I'd be fine. If they want to have some kind of bonus feature where you get to mess with the characters after you've completed the game, I'd rather they give you a "time portal" or something that lets you jump to all of the interactions with, say, Helayna, and choose different options without having to make a new playthrough.

Edit: Also, I played Strive for Power like a year ago, and it's pretty good. I'd recommend giving it a try.

napapadaan

Mar 7, 2018
Can someone post the new teaser for alexia x wulump thank you in advance and i cant seem to find the path to the game where you can have alexia blow wulump is there a guide?

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
You have to claim Helayna, after a while, she'll acclimatize and try to escape. Don't help her, eventually you'll have to go through an investigation and afterwards you have to let Andras punish her.

I think the slave trainer is sorta implemented via the job system, but I wouldn't expect any real progress on it until the main game is done.

EDIT: LA mentioned in a Patreon comment that it's not going to be part of the main game, but they're going to make a separate game about it where you play as a demon who grows through the ranks by training slaves.

mesoru

Sep 22, 2017
We're going in deep with the numbers, and we want it to come out looking good when it's ready.
Nice to know. I like slave trainers, so i look forward to this ;).
If my advice worths anything, try not to make the same mistakes as other games of this genre: thinking that excessive grinding and skipping days is interesting gameplay, and not having proper progression with easily missable corruption events.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
I have done an extensive amount of research on the genre and my problems with it. Seriously there are pages and pages of docs on the matter. Arioch is no slouch either. He plays a lot of slave trainers, and that man can hold a conversation about what makes a slave trainer fun for hours.

One of the key issues we've identified is that same problem. Too much repetitive clicking the same button only to get new content. A good slave training experience is dense. That means, that the moments where you're out of content waiting for new material should show up should be brief to non-existent. For my money, that's one of the key elements that makes Wife Trainer a stand out trainer, even if the gameplay is often nearly random.

One of the goals in prototyping is to get a feel for how many days/clicks it takes to train a girl to what extent, and to either increase or decrease the days, or to just add more content, until the number of days spent mindlessly clicking the same button is brought low. You can't really control it totally unless you radically cut player freedom like WT does, but to me, clicking the same button over and over again not to see even minor changes in text is a bummer.

The thing is that even minor changes can make a new press worthwhile. Even a single sentence changed from repetition to repetition can dramatically breathe life into a segment. It's not that hard.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
Yeah. I'm kind of in love with that one. The Lewdbrush/Sommy pain train are really strong collaborators.

mesoru

Sep 22, 2017
Man, i'm glad to finally see tentacle action. And glad the patrons are people of culture as well.
But who is this artist? (i don't think it's mondadno, even tho the art inconsistency could say otherwise :coldsweat:)

4.00 star(s) 165 Votes