SaddamHussein

Aug 4, 2018
I played this game 4 years ago and it was 3.0 or something 4 years later it came to 4.0 is this game gonna end when GTA 7 comes or something ? other than that the game is really good,but im waiting for devs to finish the game then i'll play it from start to end.

Reactions: Birdnman993

Big Green

Aug 19, 2017
It seems to me that the story of this game was left aside a long time ago giving priority to NTR and hot scenes, it is really annoying to see that Rowan continues to be the twins' janitor while they take all the credit for his work, it has been years and still I don't see payback, justice, revenge, just a bottomless pit of slavery.
It is years in dev time, but in game time it is less than that. I doubt he could overthrow them in the first months of working under twins, because he was shown as a better than average human, but still a human being. And in confronting Andras we saw how big of a gap they are powerwise. So yes it will take ages of preparation for him realisticaly speaking.

It is until it isn't. Plots evolve. Things change. After 7 years and 1.5 million words, the dynamic of being fully under the yolk of the Twins is a tired as fuck plot for many with dominant leaning kinks.

You have the narrative of being an overlord crushing the other kingdoms that could be fully explored without the twins for example. It can even run parallel to doing the same for the twins as their minion.

Course the devs may have their hands so full dealing with the spiderweb of Alexia's NTR states that they might be unable to fulfill other more interesting narrative diversities- but hopefully they can streamline that a bit once that arc finally climaxes and bottlenecks into distinct paths...hopefully...probably....doubtfully....heh.

Buuuuut...There is no reason the plot of the Twins being "on top" of Rowan has to last the entire or majority duration of the story. It can, if the developers choose, but its not like...the only thing that would make sense or be interesting. That is what the simp / sub pathings should be for.

If you are a Sub or a Cuckold, I'm sure the notion of prolonging that state for the maximum amount of the story is incredibly appealing- but at some point hopefully the developers will actually allow players who want dominant pathings to be properly dominant- with enough time left for them to actually enjoy being in charge. If the whole trilogy ends up being even 60% under the yolk of the twins, that'll be pretty disappointing.
Still they could not let players overthrow the twins in the first part simply because they are the catalyst for the story to begin with. It should be like a big achievment and a big goal to accomplish. Otherwise their existance is just a mundane ntr bullies.

I did play the game a while ago, but even then i do remember a lot of events that makes ground for the Dark Rowan plot. So let them cook i guess. But the wait is truly ridiculous at this point, that's for sure.

And I'm writing Cliohna.
Then i can say good job. I like your work and i hope you start focusing on her and Jezera more in the future (y)

Slaylife

Aug 21, 2016
I'll be playing Elder Scrolls 7 with my fridge before the game is done.
IMO the game most likely will end up abandoned before its completed.

That or it will be VERY rushed once RL stuff/issues in the dev's life do not allow for enough time to properly polish/develop the game.

Or worse still the dev will decide to remaster/remake the game from scratch in another engine despite not being yet even half finished with it. And likely abandon it too eventually either by moving to another project or just vanishing sans notice.

Super long projects rarely have happy endings.

ForeverLosing

Mar 26, 2022
If you had the option overthrow the demons now then Part II would either be A) "I've Become the New Demon Lord", B) a continuation from Part I as a servant of the demon twins, or C) a game over/good ending because Rowan has completed the hero's journey and has low corruption.

Satisfying paths A and B simultaneously would take these devs a decade to accomplish. It makes no sense to overthrow them until Part II.

Brother Lui

Jan 15, 2019
I'll be playing Elder Scrolls 7 with my fridge before the game is done.
If we take 5th of August 2016 the start of the game not calculating the time used for the 1st release then already the developers have used more than 7 years to reach this stage. In these 7 years developers who loved their work could easily deliver 7 games or 3A Companies have finished games like Cyberpunk, Starfield, Baldur's Gate 3 and so many more. I doubt that they really trying their best to finish the game as long it cover expenses they will continue their own path. It is one more bad example of the gaming industry especially because there are milking people for them to act in a role of a responsible developer. The game itself is a good concept but the delivery is the worst.

Nick_Rock90

Jan 24, 2018
Anybody who thinks they can do better is free to start their own projects.

Seriously. Since apparently it's that easy.
That is like saying that if you dont like your country then go somewhere else like an island and become the president of it :KEK::KEK:
ppl should be free to complain or to give a structured critique if the problem is too big and obvious while not have to do that thing tho

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022

"Perfection is the enemy of progress."

Sometimes you, as a developer, have to know when to stop polishing a product before releasing it. Usually, that is the job of the project manager. Determining when is the right time to release and how to release a pleasant/functioning product is key to success.

If I was earning more than enough money to afford being a game developer full-time, I would certainly try and keep that position as long as possible. Usually, by being timely (not mistaken for punctual) and consistent.

A lack of focus and direction is what ends up causing a 7-year development cycle for an unfinished game. And no, I am not comparing it to AAA studio games like Cyberpunk. Just ask the developer of Stardew Valley.
The man spent 4 years developing a complete game, starting from scratch without any necessary skills (programming & design). Even today, he still pushes out massive content & QoL updates to a single-purchase game.

It's about your character as a developer.

justletmeinplees

Jan 14, 2021
Definitely not easy, especially with a game of this quality. But there's understandably a point where the fan base gets frustrated with the direction or time table for development. Someone paying at the cheapest option on patreon from the beginning would have paid over 300 dollars for a game that's still working through part 1.

Imo it feels like star citizen, years of work, tons of money and the dev's just keep working on side projects while the finish product never gets any closer. And at 16 Thousand dollars a Month, criticism is only fair/natural at the pace of progress.

Buffalo Fred

Aug 5, 2016
If it's a 3 part game and part 1 is expected to be done next year, 8 years and counting. Does that mean we should expect 15-16 years to go until this is finished...that's a lot of time to wait for any game.

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
Definitely not easy, especially with a game of this quality. But there's understandably a point where the fan base gets frustrated with the direction or time table for development. Someone paying at the cheapest option on patreon from the beginning would have paid over 300 dollars for a game that's still working through part 1.

Imo it feels like star citizen, years of work, tons of money and the dev's just keep working on side projects while the finish product never gets any closer. And at 16 Thousand dollars a Month, criticism is only fair/natural at the pace of progress.
Go take a look over at Ravager's Discord & development cycle.

They push out regular monthly updates that are minor (adding actual Voice Acting to scenes or more artwork to older scenes) and larger content/story updates less frequently.

But they have a whole-ass development team setup, and it is clear that resources are not being wasted.
The game is on track to being fully voice-acted (main & side-quests) and completely fleshed out (side-quests have actual lore and deepen the characters you may meet during the main story).

I don't know when they originally started the project, but at least it is clear it will be finished eventually.

anon6076

Nov 24, 2018

Do it yourself is covered in demagogue #101
But you can show us your jira dashboards, maybe we will be ashamed. The game was stalling progress for years.

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
I don't have to prove anything to you people. End of the day, I'm doing what I enjoy, for people who enjoy what I'm doing, and I'm getting paid for it. What more is there to want from life?

We're wrapping up the last elements of act 1. Is there a degree of scope creep present? Obviously. Was research done whether it would be better to cut certain storylines and wrap up act 1 faster or realize the original vision? Yes there was! Were you made aware of it? No, because no sane person involves pirates in their business decision making process.

Nov 22, 2021
Yeah, I had high hopes for this game once... long ago and even supported its development; however, I soon became aware of the lack of focus. The early-game rewrites/direction changes also destroyed my enjoyment as well. It's a mess unfortunately, and after so many years of treadmilling already, I don't see it ever getting completed. Great concept, just poor planning and execution.

Sillnill

Oct 3, 2018
I don't have to prove anything to you people. End of the day, I'm doing what I enjoy, for people who enjoy what I'm doing, and I'm getting paid for it. What more is there to want from life?

We're wrapping up the last elements of act 1. Is there a degree of scope creep present? Obviously. Was research done whether it would be better to cut certain storylines and wrap up act 1 faster or realize the original vision? Yes there was! Were you made aware of it? No, because no sane person involves pirates in their business decision making process.
I bought the game on steam after having played through a few times. Didn't want to play again until it was finished and saw the "act" idea thinking at least we will get one part finished game. That's years ago now.

You say pirates are left out of the loop but even as a paying customer I fail to see how that invalidates the feedback. I don't believe I'll see the full story in my lifetime if things go at this speed.

zandalari

May 4, 2019

I last played the game more than a year ago but due to the updates always borking the saves just opted for waiting. Any rough estimates of when you expect Act I to be done? Great game, but a bit too big to constantly replay it with every update.

Reactions: 666dudeguy69
4.00 star(s) 165 Votes