Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
The issue here isn't scope. You can have all the scope you want, Sierra be my witness. The real issue either a lack of will to actually live up to that scope and stop the steady Patreon cash cow income, or incompetence on a level matched only by the most mismanaged Hoi4 mods (which for those unaware is saying a lot). If it's the former, the scope is actually just a nonexistent smokescreen to squeeze money out of fans and meaningless as a concept to be discussed. If it's the latter, then no amount of scope reduction would help without essentially killing the concept. I don't know which idea is sadder given that I've seen much, much smaller teams get infinitely more done in far less time for far less money than this. It's barely changed in the 5 years since I last tried it.

I adore the concept. I've wanted this to succeed for the longest time. I made this account to keep a better eye on this. But the team, to quote a friend of mine, "lacks the stuff" to actually carry it to its conclusion.
"Scope isn't the problem!" *immediately proceeds to explain why scope is actually the problem*

Fleep

Jul 16, 2018
I know I complain a lot about not seeing the end of this, but let's not be too pessimistic either. The game is moving forward, even if at a slow pace, and one by one the open plot threads are getting closed. After working on the same arcs, the writing team must obviously be burned out, but they seem passionate about the project and with the finish line so close, I can see them pushing through. Hell, judging by the roadmap that was posted, the NPCs arcs and the Fae are just about to get done. With some optimism, I can see at least one of them being over by the end of the year, leaving only the Goblins (of course) and the Astarte rewrite for next year. If I were them I'd leave the "Map" section tbh. We already have plenty of events and that work could be used in other areas.

Then, the arc 2 begins with new character arcs, new plots, new everything and the team can work on something fresh again.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 165 Votes