VN - Ren'Py - Seeking Closure [v0.6] [Captain Crystallo]

1. 4.00 star(s)

dimsey87

Digging it so far! The writing is largely pretty good, though it's a bit of a slow burn. Not in the sense that it takes forever to get to a sex scene, so it that's your primary concern you have nothing to worry about.

But it's obvious there are major events that the narrative is building up to and you are drip fed info on that regard. Personally I am all about the leisurely pace, but if you want big things to constantly be happening you might feel let down.

Otherwise...

Visually the game is fine. The renders are of good quality and the girls are all hotties, as you would likely hope. Some of the animations are a bit jank, but I've certainly seen worse and they aren't so bad as to be off-putting.

Music and sound effects... Are there. More the former than the latter and it's all generic enough that you shouldn't feel bad about muting it if it ain't to your tastes.

But overall the game is great and it has its hooks in me, largely based off the strength of its narrative. I'll be eagerly anticipating future chapters.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

chaosbox24

So to begin with, this game is not bad, but I also don't think it's very good either. It floats in this awkward middle, and the reason I think it does that is because of how the girls and the points are distributed. This is not a harem game, so you're going to have to pick one of these girls. The problem is that there's like 12 of them, and there are a ton of different scenes and points and paths and it becomes a mess. Also, you start off the game with a LI who is pretty cool, but the game encourages you to cheat on her with all these other chicks and routes. There are I think only like 3 total scenes with your LI in the whole game so far, so the game encourages you to explore the paths with the other girls but also punishes you for it by screwing over your LI. I also think the overall writing is kind of a mess, there are a lot of scenes that flashback and it can get confusing as to what is going on at present, what is going on in the past, and why things even happened. I get that its part of the mystery of the game, to figure out and find closure on this stuff, but it's driplined to you in a confusing way. Aside from that, the girls look nice, but the sex and everything is nothing you haven't seen before in every other game. It's pretty cookie cutter standard. If you're ok with that then you probably will like this. Overall, the game seems kind of dated and its a confusing mess of flashbacks and different paths and points. The walkthrough mod helps with this, but its still really chaotic.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

louisamay

Interesting and mostly effective mix of drama and eros here. The girls are hot and have personalities all their own, whilst their sexual whims and desires are not all predicated on the MC's every wish. Yes, it is still a fairy tale, where the MC is pretty much the know-it-all, do-it-all, seen-it-all hero; BUT it seems his priapism has actual Consequences, don't ya know! So there are some actual Stakes here, which for me makes for a far more satisfying AVN than harems with no boundaries. And it has wit too! So, good on yer, Dev!!
  4. 5.00 star(s)

D4rkK1ng

I just played the game and i liked it a lot.. i believe its of the best ones i have ever played.
    Story is very good with a lot of mystery, the visuals to are very good and of best ones out there,all the main LI are extremely beautiful too and the dialogues are also great .
    I love that the fetishes are optional especial the lesbian staff (i hate when im playing single path games when my Li have forced lesbian content, or threesome), thanks dev for making them optional choice.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Lovetities

Didn't enjoyed it as much as I thought I would. The renders and characters models are average. The plot and the story is pretty confusing with the past/present bs. Not to mention, whole story makes the MC appear dumb and weird in a way. Worst of all is Mc being in a relationship already just to break up with her for another girl. (I don't like douchebag MC). Choices are mediocore as well like what's point of having multiple li if I get 3/5 mins worth of contents with them every updates? Story so far didn't pull me in, hence it's a bust for me. While the dialogue writing and conversation feels genuine and real but the entire game is pretty lacking when it comes to sexual theme and fan service. I don't think I will continue/play this game again anything soon in the future for now.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

rylenops

A unique premise with strong characters and writing makes this a fun experience I consider worth trying. It is a slow burn but that makes it feel more real and convincing since these aren't the type of girls going to jump into bed with a guy they met 2 weeks ago.

MC isn't a huge douche like some AVNs and I always enjoy a goofball best friend that gives off the wannabe playboy impression to improve your chances drastically (best wingman).

A small detriment and gripe I have is you start with a girlfriend you eventually need to break up with if you like one of the other MGs more which will inevitably make you feel like an asshole, but other than that it adds to the drama of the story which I can appreciate.

The plot is very enticing and looking forward to the next updates!
  7. 3.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Story 2/5
    I really liked the story up to chapter 4 or so, what annoys me is you go back to the present time without knowing fuck all about what went on, so you have no clue how to react to the people you meet which i find extremly stupid, hell you dont even know if you fucked them or had a relationship with them, like Anna apprently left MC without a word? but you dont even know if you ever had relationship with her.....or even fucked her...you know nothing...so story stops making sense, and if something really bad went on why on earth would MC ever go back to the place...he says to relive the good moments but thats just BS since he should know all he would feel is like shit since he should know it was all hes faulth apprently?.....and it would proberly be the last place to visit with hes girlfriend that he might want to marry....

Another reason story just makes no sense to me is, in those first 3 chapters you meet a ton of hot girls which you can have a relationship with or well you can fuck em anyway but you end up with none of them?, and insted you have a LI forced on you in present time which MC is consindering to marry??? and again you have to blindly either accept her or try to stay away from her, without you as the player knowing fuck all about her........

Its just not fun atleast to me to be playing while being in the dark about whats going on and what happened to MC or what MC did to fuck it all up and to then have to make choices in present time without knowing is idiotic even thought most might be fake choices its still annoying.
    The thing is you might pick diffrent choices if you had a clue as to whats going on and i dont like that being a single playthrough player.

Like why he would leave hes old friend he finaly made up with after leaving her the first time it makes 0 sense...and also leaving every single girl for years is to shitty a story since it means MC is brainless and never learn from past mistakes.

I get the story will reveal all of it later in game but whats the point of doing it that way, then you will already have fucked up a million choices by then, since your clueless on everything doing those choices....worst of all it sounds like its all MCs faulth which would just kill the story for me, i just dont like brainless MCs and its pretty clear that he left everyone again, guess MC is really only thinking about him self and no one else.

Story just feel to much like a big mess, and when its impossible to make sense of whats going on due to whatever reason dev has to hide it all from the player only results in making gaming pointless and unplayable, its simply just not fun to make choices when you have no clue if its right or worng.
    Also it started to feel like its trying to make some weird twist with people getting told/invited to go do the resort again and maybe give Anna a reason to leave, like blackmail or to protect MC or whatever but it just dosent suit the story.

And for the virgin fans theres not really much to come for, atleast not yet theres one virgin scene for now but its a bit weird since the girl has apprently deflowered her self with toys guessing its to avoid blood in the scene, but she still has pain? which she shouldent have when she used dildos before and she also gets sore fast? i dunno it just feels like a pretty shitty scene that dosent really make much sense and has no virgin vibe really.

Girls 5/5
    Well to me 95% are all hot LIs, so not much else to say about that.

Animation 4/5
    They are pretty good most of the times.

Music 4/5
    Its decent music that fits the game.

Choices 2/5
    It really is a mixed bag, game almost feel pure kinetic since 95% of the choices are fake choices leading to the same result, but a few choices does work i belive when it comes to some relationships where you can turn down someone.

It was really tuff for me to deside but i ended up giving it 3 stars which is very rare for me to do with a game that is full of fake choices and a story i dident fully enjoy, but the animations and alot of hot LIs made me go one up.

I will revisit this once it has the 10 chapters done to see if story will ever make sense but i just cant find a reason to why MC dident end up with one of the girls from the start or any reasons as to why he would ever leave ALL of them behind but mostly Katy and Elena right now that feels to idiotic and if it was that bad it simply just wouldent make sense for him to ever go back there.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

maybemaybe

I personally think that the dev created too many beautiful girls and most of them are girlfriend material, with different personalities and are totally fun. It was hard to chose one. There would've been enough of them for 2 VNs. Not a complaint, more of an observation. Keep it up!

I like the concept of the novel very much, I am not so sure about all those pending horrible events and would have been happier just with simple enjoying life stuff without all the drama.

Writing is very good, the jokes and character dialogues are so cool, had quite a lot of laugh reading. Light and witty.

What i seriously disliked is that in the present all my favourite short haired girls grew ordinary boring as fuck hair and Fleur from looking freaking amazing became just usual.

Katy was mess-ish in the past and became even more of a mess in the present without a much promise of normal relationships. So her long hair wasn't too much of a bummer. But Fleur was a breath of fresh air even amongst so many cool girls, so please get her haircut back in future episodes of present time!

Also about Katy -
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

echilog

not a poorly made game, but just completly average. I doubt I will revisit this. most of the girls just look the same with a diffrent hair style.
    this game Is what I would expect a game to look like 2 years ago.

again not BAD, just bland
  10. 3.00 star(s)

This is a well-rendered and well-animated game with a cookie cutter plot and an MC with the personality of a doorknob.

There's an annoying white knight complex that's inserted into the game by introducing like 4 male characters that solely exist for the MC to shut down and score brownie points with the LIs. This does not include MC's best friend, whose character is one of the worst tropes on this site - the sidekick who's obsessed with sex. His dialogue is BRUTAL and kills every scene he's in.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

Éama

This VN didn't do it for me. I tried it following the very good ratings and was really open minded regarding the plot and the character design, but after playing it for quite some time it all felt very tedious with an MC that is acting like a Chad, often at the expense of his best friend. Seb is not really a likable best friend, to be fair, but the way the MC puts him down verbally and in front of potential LIs, baffled me at times.

I mean, if you have to apologize for your friend during every single interaction with a woman, is he even your friend in the first place? Is this a healthy relationship?
    And why is the MC the only reasonable male in the entire plot, why is he the solution to every and all problems? Why, why, why.
    I don't want to badmouth Seeking Close, since it takes time to develop relationships, leaves them open to explore different angles, every character has a unique motivation and different reasons to get closer to the MC. So that is all very good ingredients for a good VN.

But for me personally it falls flat, mainly because there is no real overarching plot to speak of. It might develop in later chapters, but especially in the beginning it's just summer camp, moving from A, to B, to C. Dialogues drag on, nobody is revealing anything, it's just all a giant tease but without hinting at why it's worth to keep sticking around.

I mainly stopped playing because the arc of suspense ran out of fuel and that's not good as far as writing goes. The MC has an interesting conflict of his own, but like every single character he avoids explaining in detail what the problem is and how it affects his day-to-day interactions. He is just walking around impressing everyone, so there is not really a problem, is there?
    I really think the pacing is off and there is not enough to chew on, nothing that really keeps you on edge and to want to know more. Apparently, something serious happened, but there is not even the slightest hint at what this could be and how it came to happen. Just this A, B, C grind every single day.

And that is why I found the experience unsatisfying. I will try again when the game is closer to the finish line and adjust my rating. But right at this moment I didn't enjoy Seeking Closure nearly as much as I thought I would.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

SIMW

Really great character work, visually strong. Plot is interesting and mysterious. Immediately a new favorite. Promising future for this one!

Favorite LI so far is Elena by a lot. She's wonderfully written. Micaela is great, but it would be nice to show more depth to her than her stress/ dread and complaining going forward, even if it is very understandable why she is the way that she is. Haven't been grabbed by Anna and Katy yet.

I would love the inclusion of a gallery!
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Samga

Pretty damn interesting project. I find it really cool how the player is faced to deal with changes and gives it a free hand to deal with them.

I find the concept cool, someone you've been dandy with early on in the relationship might change for someone undesirable later on, and acquaintances whom got ignored might turn into smoking hot and successful temptresses, making you reconsider previous choices, or something like that. Stirs all kinds of emotions, kinda deep.
    Truth be told, Katy needs to keep her hair short :I
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Dessolos

This is a hidden gem of a game where you cannot wait for the next update and have a hard time picking which Love Interest to be faithful towards. There is very few negatives I have to say about the game. Honestly this game probably made it's way into my top 10 or close to it.

Story : This game has basically 2 stories in one a past and present. As of this update most of it is in the past. But in the last update when we went back to the present time after spending so much time in the past this game starts to become a rollercoaster of emotions and heartbreaking for one specific love interest..
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Characters : Honestly this another one of those games that's hard to decide on which love interest to be faithful towards. All the characters are great in their own way.

However there is one negative I have to say about one character. In present time we are with our girlfriend. While it makes sense in the context of the story why we are together. Because of all the chapters in the past i cant really feel much of a connection to her yet and because she is a forced relationship going to feel awful to break her heart. When we know this story is just gonna keep getting more and more sad as we get updates.

Renders and animations : Renders looks fantastic. Animations feel natural

Writing : I don't judge writing as I noticed almost everytime someone mentioned a game having bad writing I just don't see it. As I usually find it enjoyable since it's not something I think about as I play and enjoy said games. Also it's very subjective /opinionated if it's good or bad.
  15. 3.00 star(s)

rvlfycpydgdcttfren

Excellent renders, decent amount of content, pretty natural character introductions (meetings in VNs aren't always relatable) but atrocious writing and complete lack of choice for the player.

It's not the grammar or spelling but the opinionated style and shallow pseudo-analysis. The cringe monologues and comments from characters about third persons standing right next to them are like something featured on r/niceguys - and it's over and over again, not just one scene you can forget after.

These same nice guy ethics (tm) mean your choices have zero impact - the character has to end up with his preordained niceguy thoughts and when he doesn't override your choice, the other characters will by chiding mc

Everyone fawns over the mc, yet he seems like a gen-z kid who has never to have interacted with a real live woman before. For those of you not familiar, niceguy does not mean nice.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

rejejvaca

This game is a gem. Nice, engaging, interesting and well written story, when I'm playing I feel that "mistery/suspense" book vibes.

The characters are well built and interesting, each one in their own way. It's a good visual novel to play and enjoy. The lewd part is fun and (mostly) well built.

Very good amount of content as of version 0.4. Beautiful renders, but ok animations/scenes (but usually the build up is so well done that one can forgive that). Really looking up to what will come next, but you see so much care in the way the game is written.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Pendrell

Really enjoyed this. I played version 0.4 but this already feels like a substantial effort, with a good amount of content and a well-developed world.

The story is engaging - the conceit of being able to make choices in the past, whilst keeping the mystery of what happened a secret, works well and raises the stakes nicely. The characters are likeable, the models are beautiful and feel different. The dialogue and general quality of the writing is good, at times very good. There are some really good music choices, too.

More than anything you get the sense the dev is in control of what he's doing with the story and that as a player you're in good hands. Easily one of the most promising games I've played in the last year and one I'll be following closely from now on. Recommended.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Harlaw

One of those VNs you wish you had discovered a couple of years down the road when there would have been much more content. But even still, for a project that's only been out for a few months, there is a surprisingly large amount of content. Kudos to the developer.

As for the quality of the content itself, as someone who mostly cares about story and character development, it's easily S tier for me and I expect one of those VNs whose progress I'll be closely following.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

ayo342

I'm honestly surprised I haven't heard of this game before. I was pleasantly surprised with how good this is. Great writing, interesting story, very good love interests and quite a lot of content so far. Good luck to the dev.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

brat899

A great game, with deep and quite emotional storyline that will tear your heart. There are quite a few LI's which have different characteristics making them more authentic than most VN's characters. Highly recommended.