Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Lara

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • Clarissa

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
Elena haha I feel ya especially when you play lots of AVN's I started to make a spreadsheet for the characters and insert a screenshot of them so I know who is who. To damn easy to forget after a certain amount of time for me depending on the game
I don't have anything for making a spreadsheet, plus effort.

AlexMpog

Oct 17, 2022
Elena haha I feel ya especially when you play lots of AVN's I started to make a spreadsheet for the characters and insert a screenshot of them so I know who is who. To damn easy to forget after a certain amount of time for me depending on the game
I used to make cards with LIs with some minimum info (not as fancy as TonnyMurray's ones) and collect them in folders.
But lately decided also to create LI's database in spreadsheets :LOL: so I started importing those cards while also remaking some (yeah, some of old cards look atrocious in a matter of design/filters).

Doesn't take that long other than figuring what render I want to use for the screenshot
I dunno, It takes a lot of time for me, basically I speed run through the whole game looking for the most perfect render, making at least 3-4 for each LI and then deciding which one to use, yeah, being a maximalist is a curse in this case :LOL:

• Wow
Reactions: Captain Crystallo

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
I used to make cards with LIs with some minimum info (not as fancy as TonnyMurray's ones) and collect them in folders.
But lately decided also to create LI's database in spreadsheets :LOL: so I started importing those cards while also remaking some (yeah, some of old cards look atrocious in a matter of design/filters).

I dunno, It takes a lot of time for me, basically I speed run through the whole game looking for the most perfect render, making at least 3-4 for each LI and then deciding which one to use, yeah, being a maximalist is a curse in this case :LOL:
yeah getting the renders for a screenshot is the only part that takes long for me too but setting up the info doesn't. I just kind of collect a bunch as I play AVN's and decide after I finish haven't gone and done it for ones ive played already. Tho this game took me longer than most as there was a good amount of good up close renders without the MC being in it. I had almost 200 screenshots to go through when I was done playing

camube

Jun 4, 2022
if i forget about main characters name of a game, then they are forgettable. They are forgettable probably because they don't feel like a real person. I don't remember everyone's name but at least 2 or 3 of the main casts. That's actually one of my yardstick to determine whether or not I continue playing the game.

MiltonPowers

Twins Basil! Twins!
Donor
Jul 26, 2023
I don't hate her, It's just a way to avoid the character without remaking the story. Think about it, there are some kidnappers out there so she can play a bigger role than the forced love interest almost nobody like.
As far as forced LI's go, she's one of the better ones, I don't dislike her, she seems nice. Maybe she could get a job offer in Japan she can't refuse and they part as friends??

Reactions: Ragnar

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
As far as forced LI's go, she's one of the better ones, I don't dislike her, she seems nice. Maybe she could get a job offer in Japan she can't refuse and they part as friends??
Yeah, that works too. The thing about forced lis is that they feel like luggage imo. Players have to explore the options and play a bit, but if you put them in a commited relationship (3 years) from the beginning, the only way to do that is cheating or turning her into a cuckqueen.

MiltonPowers

Twins Basil! Twins!
Donor
Jul 26, 2023
Yeah, that works too. The thing about forced lis is that they feel like luggage imo. Players have to explore the options and play a bit, but if you put them in a commited relationship (3 years) from the beginning, the only way to do that is cheating or turning her into a cuckqueen.
Agree 100%, I don't know if you saw but the Dev was saying he regrets making her forced and is wondering about changing it. Was asking here the other day for thoughts. One of my comments was that a lot of forced LIs I really dislike and can't wait to break up with them, but Julia was actually a nice person and when it came to breaking up with her (which I would do, because of making connections with someone else), I was actually going to feel quite bad about it. So I hope if she stays as is, there will be a nice option to break up, rather than being an asshole about it.

Reactions: Ragnar

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Agree 100%, I don't know if you saw but the Dev was saying he regrets making her forced and is wondering about changing it. Was asking here the other day for thoughts. One of my comments was that a lot of forced LIs I really dislike and can't wait to break up with them, but Julia was actually a nice person and when it came to breaking up with her (which I would do, because of making connections with someone else), I was actually going to feel quite bad about it. So I hope if she stays as is, there will be a nice option to break up, rather than being an asshole about it.
He can just change the couple relationship to just work friend or whatever going together on vacation.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
if i forget about main characters name of a game, then they are forgettable. They are forgettable probably because they don't feel like a real person. I don't remember everyone's name but at least 2 or 3 of the main casts. That's actually one of my yardstick to determine whether or not I continue playing the game.
I play to many AVN's for that work for me tbh as it's natural to forget names 20 + AVN's later unless I really loved one alot. If I did id probably would of only be following like 20 - 50 or so AVN max haha. There have been times I forget the names of the entire cast of a AVN I loved as well lol.

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
I play a lot of them, too. Also, my memory isn't exactly the best and getting up there in age..

AnonW123

Dec 26, 2019
Good update (or updates for me) generally. The story in the past is finally progressing and the sex scenes were rather hot especially The two threesomes. Katy and Micaela was unexpected and hot. Anna and Elena was definitely expected but still hot..

What I didn't like was that multiple characters had to act like complete dumbasses in order to progress the story. That's never a good thing to do.

1. Susan not using her security system and leaving windows and doors open door the day and at night.
Who the fuck does that in this day and age? in any country or place in the world? Nowhere is that safe.
2. The Mc deciding to follow the secondary suspect into the creepy abandoned building as opposed to going back and telling the cops or getting backup.
3. Brianna being brain dead and doing the same stupid shit as the Mc.
4. Paul who keeps talking about his kidnapping business out in the open so people get suspicious and follow him.

Reactions: Anteron and camube

some01

Jan 7, 2020
  1. Keep everything as is. The laziest option, but one that a lot of existing fans and supporters will likely prefer since they’ve already played through all the problematic parts. However, I obviously would like to receive more supporters over time, so it’s not the optimal solution for me.
  2. Only make minor tweaks throughout Part 1, changing and expanding some of the dialogue to be less confusing and/or committal, while also adding more options to abandon paths that you’re no longer interested in.
  3. In addition to the above, rework the Julia-related content in Part 1 to make her an optional girlfriend and have a separate choice at the start of Part 2 (or in the end of Part 1) for players who will continue their old saves.
  4. Remove all the “Present day” scenes outside of arriving at the hotel and having the “flashback”, while keeping (and adding more) scenes of meeting Julia to build up her character without making her MC’s girlfriend by default. As such, at the start of Part 2, it’ll be up to you if Julia comes with you as your friend or love interest. Another benefit of this approach is that when you start talking to the present-day versions of all the girls, you’ll have full information on how your relationship developed and if you’re still interested in them. The downside is – it makes the story more linear, removing most of the “What happened? How did it come to this?” intrigue from the present timeline. However, since it isn’t delivered in a compelling manner already, maybe it’s not that big of a loss. If you’re a returning player, another drawback is that you’ll have to replay most of the scenes from Chapters 1 and 4 in Part 2, which will feel wonky and immersion-breaking if you continue your old save(s).
  5. Reframe the entire story and finish everything in the past, pretending the present timeline never existed, as the MC gets to ride into the sunset at the end of his vacation. This option completely abandons the premise of the story I wanted to tell, but I’m thinking about it for two reasons. Firstly, since there are no signs of the war ending anytime soon, I have no idea how long I’ll manage to avoid getting enlisted into the military against my will. As such, I can disappear any day without warning and you won’t get any closure for the game at all. Secondly, the current projections are that I’ll have electrical power for only about 6-8 hours out of 24 a day, starting from November, and if that happens, this will bring the development process to a near complete halt. I don’t want to choose this option, but if the consensus is “better an unplanned ending than no ending at all”, then maybe it’s the “right” thing to do.
My mind has been split between all these different options for months now and I still can’t commit to a single direction since all of them have significant drawbacks.

As such, if you have any thoughts on the matter, or if you would like to suggest a completely different option, I’m open to hearing you out (even if it’s related to something relatively small like the hairstyle dilemma). That doesn’t mean I’m going to do what someone else tells me to, but it might help me make a decision, while I continue to work on Chapter 8 since most of it is set in stone regardless of anything discussed above.
Kinda late, but I think the present time helps enlighten some aspects of the story, revealing facts and circumstances we weren't aware beforehand and having us better understand what happened in the past, as some users have said before. Essentially, if the present is scrapped in part 1, it simply becomes an afterthought, it kind of loses it’s importance, since the story wouldn’t need to progress past part 1.

One big issue about it is that in this case present characters may act unnatural or generic when interacting with the MC, so only specific (past) characters should interact with present MC in part 1 to avoid contradicting past events, as well as having more content in past than the present.

Regarding Julia, I think it would make more sense if MC and Julia were in fact friends, but with unexplored feelings for each other, with the trip being a way of MC getting closure on past events and considering entering a relationship with her, instead of proposing marriage. That way, Julia’s participation in the story would be more linear while still giving the player the option to pursue her or not. Besides, MC inviting Julia as a friend and leaving Sebastian behind would be kinda weird lol.

These are just my thoughts, though. Best of luck, Dev!

Captain Crystallo

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
Kinda late, but I think the present time helps enlighten some aspects of the story, revealing facts and circumstances we weren't aware beforehand and having us better understand what happened in the past, as some users have said before. Essentially, if the present is scrapped in part 1, it simply becomes an afterthought, it kind of loses it’s importance, since the story wouldn’t need to progress past part 1.

One big issue about it is that in this case present characters may act unnatural or generic when interacting with the MC, so only specific (past) characters should interact with present MC in part 1 to avoid contradicting past events, as well as having more content in past than the present.

Regarding Julia, I think it would make more sense if MC and Julia were in fact friends, but with unexplored feelings for each other, with the trip being a way of MC getting closure on past events and considering entering a relationship with her, instead of proposing marriage. That way, Julia’s participation in the story would be more linear while still giving the player the option to pursue her or not. Besides, MC inviting Julia as a friend and leaving Sebastian behind would be kinda weird lol.

These are just my thoughts, though. Best of luck, Dev!
It's been a while, but your input is still very much appreciated!
Generally agree with all your points and that's more-or-less the way I want to reshape things without going too crazy.

Reactions: some01 and AnonW123
4.30 star(s) 30 Votes