[R>Artist 3D] [R>Programmer] [R>Writer] Paid Seeking to build a small team for new game. (CLOSED)

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Project:
To be discussed. Current game I do is called Karlsson's Gambit.

Developer:
Current game Patreon is
Would create new site, etc.

Looking for:
A team to work on a new game.

Employment Type:
Paid, open to numerous different scenarios, preference is building a good long-term team, but depends on the person/workload. Will discuss best scenarios for all parties to be happy with involvement in project.

Work commitment:
Seeking long-term people, scope/amount of work depends on desire/fit.

Preferred method of contact:
PM first, then go to Discord and further communication styles.

Job Description:
When I created Karlsson's Gambit (KG), I first turned down doing another game idea which was my first choice because I literally had no experience yet. While KG is a dystopian, dark game with a lot of femdom, maledom, and more serious hardship/themes, this game is more mainstream and in an entirely different tone than KG. I can describe the game in more detail once things progress, but the best comparisons might be something between games like Being a DIK/College Kings and some action/adventure games. (better to explain in detail with serious people) What would be similar to KG is that it would still try to be a deep narrative with some branching choices in a visual novel format.

I am seeking a team because of the scope/ambition and my current time situation. I will state some credentials to show I am a very serious, reliable, and professional person to work with long-term. I run an interior design business that generated over 750k in billing for 2021, and have five good income streams. This game is something I've wanted to try with others for a while now. I will do safe and fair contracts or other methodologies for all involved to be fair to all parties, etc. I am in no rush to start without the right people involved, but will start whenever we do get the right people to work on it.

POSITIONS:
Me: Main writer, some renders, some coding
Main Programmer/Coder: Can do some UIs, very limited freeroam, a few other things (will go over that in detail for serious parties): FILLED
Programmer/Coder 2: PENDING
Artist/Animator: FILLED
Artist/Animator 2: OPEN
Animator Only: PENDING
Writer/Story Help: A person to go over plot, story elements with -- just a good brain for this kind of thing to work with me: PENDING

Additional comments:
Best method is to PM me first. The game will have a base support to start of roughly 400-500 a month starting off to help with initial costs before a 0.1 release, but I will also invest the time and money to help everyone get paid and working well together, etc.

For positions, desired information:
Programmers - some basic background and experience, especially if one can do menus, some UI stuff, basic free roam, etc. Sample code is helpful if applicable.
Artists/Animators: Basic samples, prior experience, and your computer specs and current GPU/computer to work on, etc. (I might want to test a scene for Karlsson's Gambit first (paid) as well as an option)
Writer: Basic writing sample and/or experience. But for this position, best to just talk a little about yourself.

Last edited:

dix1mm

Jan 8, 2019
Hi. Are you looking for a ren'py programmer only? I can create many interesting features in unity. Discord dix1mm#7047. I can't use PM on this site currently.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Will you be looking for someone to do audio? (music, sfx, VO, or anything else with sound)? If so, I'd love to chat.
Yes, but that is a later priority as the artists/coding are kind the foundational pieces to formally start (other than my writing). I'll post an ad/recruitment on this down the road as I get to that spot on the road map, etc. :)

Reactions: cashandbrand

cashandbrand

Sep 28, 2020
Yes, but that is a later priority as the artists/coding are kind the foundational pieces to formally start (other than my writing). I'll post an ad/recruitment on this down the road as I get to that spot on the road map, etc. :)
Of course! I will keep my eyes open for a post. Feel free to DM me as well.

Reafwalk

Jan 12, 2022
I'd be interested in proofreading/story help/playtest and generally being a brain for others to pick as needed. Message me here or on Discord; Reafwalk#0294

Last edited:

Keifoo

Jan 18, 2020
"Writer/Story Help: A person to go over plot, story elements with -- just a good brain for this kind of thing to work with me: OPEN"

Interested in the backup writer position. #Keifoo5119, we can talk more on discord if you'd like.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
"Writer/Story Help: A person to go over plot, story elements with -- just a good brain for this kind of thing to work with me: OPEN"

Interested in the backup writer position. #Keifoo5119, we can talk more on discord if you'd like.
Kk, got it noted :)

RatSha

Jan 13, 2022
Hey TessSadist, I loved what you're trying to do here. Exceptionally planned and detailed. I have been a freelance copywriter for multiple firms before, and this would be a great new challenge to take up. Let me know how can we proceed with this. Unfortunately, I can't send you a DM yet since I am new to the website.

Kiratt

Oct 29, 2018
Hi, I'm interested in programmer/encoder 2. I Don't have any experience in coding for a game, But i'm starting college and i'm looking for a project to be part of, and the oportunity to learn what i can. My discord is kiratx#9464

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Hey TessSadist, I loved what you're trying to do here. Exceptionally planned and detailed. I have been a freelance copywriter for multiple firms before, and this would be a great new challenge to take up. Let me know how can we proceed with this. Unfortunately, I can't send you a DM yet since I am new to the website.
Thanks, I am taking the time to make sure the foundation is nice and solid before tackling anything else with my life schedule, but very much want to do this project. (but I can't alone at this time due to real life)

Hi there, do you have a Discord perhaps? If not, just reply here and I will just post a Discord for me (and hope I don't get overwhelmed!)

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Just updating...still available what is listed, some discussion/pending but not formally closed yet. Animator added but pending.