4.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Meghead

Apr 28, 2021
Purely out of interest.
If the MC can erase everything with his thought, can he erase the girls present in the harem? or write new ones?

I just don't understand his strength, strength in girls? but after the battle with Camilla, the MC becomes even stronger he can do anything in Serenity, right?
Or I just didn't understand the plot.

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
Purely out of interest.
If the MC can erase everything with his thought, can he erase the girls present in the harem? or write new ones?

I just don't understand his strength, strength in girls? but after the battle with Camilla, the MC becomes even stronger he can do anything in Serenity, right?
The dev reads these so I'm sure hell respond. My guess is, as the white writer dream king he COULD do what you mention, however, he is not a complete idiot so why on Serenity WOULD he?

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Purely out of interest.

Hi Meghead :)
MC can indeed do anything. He is a dream writer... meaning what he writes becomes real. And 'writing' should not be taken in the literal sense of "pen to paper". So yes, what he "thinks"... he can make it happen. The problem for him through this first half of the story is that he is having a hard time believing all this. As he feels certain emotions, he awakens abilities. And the more this happens, the more his faith in "the fade" is building (he is beginning to understand and believe in it). In the next update, a lot more of this will come to light. How emotion plays a part in his power. Anger, happiness, and of course lust. Sadness weakens the fade because it thrives on positive energy; especially sexual energy because that is when the emotion 'joy' is the strongest.
I know it isn't written as well as it could be. In hindsight, I could have added a lot more introduction and character building through the beginning of the story. I'm getting better though I think as I get comfortable with my work flow and learn from previous mistakes.
Anyway, stay with it. Things start becoming a lot clearer from here on out starting with version 1.2. Beyond that, we get to really use these abilities and learn what MC's purpose is in Serenity. I hope this helps :)

Meghead

Apr 28, 2021
The dev reads these so I'm sure hell respond. My guess is, as the white writer dream king he COULD do what you mention, however, he is not a complete idiot so why on Serenity WOULD he?
Don't get me wrong, i like them a lot, and im not saying he should do it, just trying to figure out his power, thats all.
Hi Meghead :)
MC can indeed do anything. He is a dream writer... meaning what he writes becomes real. And 'writing' should not be taken in the literal sense of "pen to paper". So yes, what he "thinks"... he can make it happen. The problem for him through this first half of the story is that he is having a hard time believing all this. As he feels certain emotions, he awakens abilities. And the more this happens, the more his faith in "the fade" is building (he is beginning to understand and believe in it). In the next update, a lot more of this will come to light. How emotion plays a part in his power. Anger, happiness, and of course lust. Sadness weakens the fade because it thrives on positive energy; especially sexual energy because that is when the emotion 'joy' is the strongest.
I know it isn't written as well as it could be. In hindsight, I could have added a lot more introduction and character building through the beginning of the story. I'm getting better though I think as I get comfortable with my work flow and learn from previous mistakes.
Anyway, stay with it. Things start becoming a lot clearer from here on out starting with version 1.2. Beyond that, we get to really use these abilities and learn what MC's purpose is in Serenity. I hope this helps :)
Hm :unsure:
So technically Fade is stronger than him?
I still don't understand her role or her, haha. I like this game.
-
Ps.
I'm surprised she didn't mention her tutor because he has the same name as the MC from Serenity. haha.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
Hm :unsure:
So technically Fade is stronger than him?
I see Fade as being the power, but MC being the wielder of that power.

As an allegory, consider Fade the gun from the Fifth Element and MC as the one who decides which weapon to use.

Or Fade is a massive computer that can do anything, but she needs MC to tell her what to do.

When he truly gets a handle on his powers, I'm guessing nothing will be out of his grasp.

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019

As an allegory, consider Fade the gun from the Fifth Element and MC as the one who decides which weapon to use.

Or Fade is a massive computer that can do anything, but she needs MC to tell her what to do.

When he truly gets a handle on his powers, I'm guessing nothing will be out of his grasp.
Nicely said! And that is pretty much correct. More about Fade (herself) will be revealed after this current situation gets resolved. ;)

Meghead

Apr 28, 2021

Now all this make a lot of sense.
Thank you.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Nicely said! And that is pretty much correct. More about Fade (herself) will be revealed after this current situation gets resolved. ;)
It makes me think of how in the Flash TV series, the Speed Force is sometimes personified. Otherwise, I would consider it similar to The Force, but with a definite emphasis on the "light side."

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Terenia

Oct 26, 2021
Last 5 stars and my absolute favorite game on the site.
It doesn't have the best animations on the site, and it doesn't have the best girl drawings or the best setting, but it's all top notch, without a bad thing.
The story of the girls is very good (some more than others).
Ok, the truth of the 5 stars is entirely thanks

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Hey guys...

For those who don't want to wait for the public release of my next update to Serenity, version 1.2 beta is now available on my patreon for $10 and up tiers. Here is the release schedule:

Now (October 26th): $10 and up tiers
Monday, November 2nd: $5 tier
Saturday, November 6th: $2 tier
Tuesday, November 9th: PUBLIC (free)

Serenity version 1.2 contains 60 to 90 minutes worth of new story content (depending on how fast you click through). 921 new images, 6 new animations, 20 new music tracks. I will be redoing the gallery for the version 1.3 release, so that is still not enabled. I apologize, I know some like that feature.

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Hey guys, releasing to the $5 tier a day early (I will shift the rest of the releases a day earlier also). New release schedule:

Already Released (October 26th): $10 and up tiers
-->> (TODAY) Monday, November 1st: $5 tier
Friday, November 5th: $2 tier
Monday, November 8th: PUBLIC (free)

This is a new download, so if you're in the $10 and above tier, you should grab this one. Gallery has been fixed and last 4 scenes added. I am including a save file that is just before the first of those scenes so you can 'skip' through and unlock the ones you've seen when the gallery wasn't there. More details in the post below...

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Hey guys, releasing to the $5 tier a day early (I will shift the rest of the releases a day earlier also). New release schedule:

Already Released (October 26th): $10 and up tiers
-->> (TODAY) Monday, November 1st: $5 tier
Friday, November 5th: $2 tier
Monday, November 8th: PUBLIC (free)

This is a new download, so if you're in the $10 and above tier, you should grab this one. Gallery has been fixed and last 4 scenes added. I am including a save file that is just before the first of those scenes so you can 'skip' through and unlock the ones you've seen when the gallery wasn't there. More details in the post below...

Great! Looks like Friday for me!

4.20 star(s) 40 Votes