Ren'Py Abandoned Sex Card Captor [v2.0] [Kero]

KeroDeveloper

Jun 20, 2020
Weird yeah I dont get any of the popups for Number of keros or those sprites, I guess mine just fucked up somehow.
Thanks for posting mate!
Maybe something happened with the version you've downloaded. Hope you can find the Keros later :)

KeroDeveloper

Jun 20, 2020
Because they are all perfect circles, from the preview pics, only the blue girl's seems to have any droop to them. But really, that's a minor complaint compared to them all being the same size. Personally, I prefer C or less, but I'm not gonna hold someones preferences against them; that being said variety is nice.

Thanks so much for this, I'm reading everything and taking everything in consideration :)

KeroDeveloper

Jun 20, 2020
Hey there! TEDtalk incoming.

Don't let negative responses in this thread get to you. Seriously, no matter how well polished your game is there are always going to be folks who dislike your product for one reason or another--it's completely unavoidable and you can't always win everyone over. Instead, put your focus on the comments with constructive criticism or suggestions for how to streamline the game or improve certain features.

Don't take purely hate-filled comments seriously (these comments are bound to happen), but do try to listen to the people who might provide meaningful reasons as to why they didn't have a fully enjoyable experience while playing your product. This feedback is immensely helpful for you as a developer, it allows you to see what people are generally struggling with in terms of game mechanics, or what kinks/fetishes you might want to consider implementing in the future. Don't take these things as gospel of course, but it's good to take all of this stuff into consideration. Most importantly though, you should make the game that you want to play, because if you don't enjoy what you're working on then what's the point? No amount of money can make you enjoy working on something you hate.

Relatedly, don't focus so much on the money side of things at first. You aren't going to get rich overnight doing this. There are countless new patreon-based H-games hitting the market right now. New games are coming out on a daily basis, you can see this simply by clicking the Latest Updates button at the top of this site and scrolling down to see all of the v0.1 version numbers. 95% of these titles will never become profitable.

So which patreon-funded games do become profitable? The ones that stick with it. Seriously. If you can just continue working on your game and communicating with your fanbase (that includes Patreon and also any other sites you're personally sharing the game, like here) then you're going to do very well with this game I think. Just based on a few of the comments in this very young thread alone, there are people who are already extremely excited about the prospect of a CCG-inspired H-game (myself included).

Financial success won't come overnight. But if you stick with it, it's almost inevitable that it will happen at some point. You can look at other Patreon projects as perfect examples of this. Smiling Dog is a great example--they created the game Nano-Control, a game which was first posted here about 2 and a half years ago. At that time I don't believe they had any Patreon supporters whatsoever, and look at them now. They're making over $4,000 per month, which certainly isn't enough to make anyone fabulously rich, but I'd say that's a great sign that the game has been a success. Yes, it's taken them a long time to get that point and they've put a *lot* of work in to get there, but it's proof that it can be done.

Summertime Saga is something of an outlier, but I think it's also a testament to how these types of games can become wildly popular if you continue putting the work in and listening to your fans. That game was originally posted to F95 in late 2016, and I don't recall it having a massive fanbase overnight either. But look at them now... the game is a runaway hit and the development team is bringing in $67,000 per month. (And ironically enough, if you read through that game's thread here on F95 you'll also see tons of comments hating on the game mixed right in with comments supporting it. Even a development team making 67k a month can't please everyone, so don't let negativity get to you.)

Success is not guaranteed, but if you stick with it and work with your fans to develop not only a game that you enjoy but also incorporate ideas from your players, I think you'll do just fine. You certainly have the skills as an artist and a developer. Don't let the response to your initial release get you down. You have a real gem here, and a real opportunity at building something great. Stick with it my friend, you got this.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS, I'm trying to learn and to make this game better, and turn it into a better experience for the players, so I really really appreciate this kind of comments :) Makes me happy and makes me want to work even harder on it. :D

KeroDeveloper

Jun 20, 2020
Your game is a good beginning. I like the boy attitude wich is not macho like his father was. Please correct Vision card : You where victim of the copy-paste syndrome and her card mention Thunder instead of Vision. From a art point of vue, a lot of female faces look alike, and I regret that. Be carefull, Patreon doesn't like mom/son relations.
You're right, I'll fix that, thanks, and yep, I'm changing the art style a lil bit, so I'll make all these changes :D

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Makes me wonder if the use of the frame from Summertime Saga is there almost as a talisman.

Jackmann

Jul 13, 2017
I ran into a couple bugs regarding revisiting the sex scenes. For this sister's, choosing "Not Now" kicked me out of the game and back to the main menu. For the mom's, "Not Now" just didn't do anything.

Art is good and the game looks promising though, looking forward to what comes next.

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
To be honest, the text in the Overview turned me off. When the game is written in a similiar style it will be unbearable.

KeroDeveloper

Jun 20, 2020
Hi there,
I wanted to show you guys what we're working on right now. I'm changing a lil bit of the art style on the game. I wanted it to be a little bit sexier and make some of the ladies a little more curvy. This way you'll enjoy the game even more.

What do you think? Also I wanted to tell you guys that I'm working on the script too. As many of you told me before, it needed to be better so I decided to work on it. With these changes I'm hoping to provide a better experience with Sex Card Captor. Lemme know what you think :)

Hugs

MarkD

Aug 3, 2019
Game looks interesting but I find it offputting that the Sakura character looks nothing like the original. Some people are saying this is because of copyright but I've played lots of games based on anime/cartoons where the characters look exactly the same as the ones in the actual show. It would be great if you could make all the characters look more like the source material.

lolicatgirls

Jul 24, 2019
Game looks interesting but I find it offputting that the Sakura character looks nothing like the original. Some people are saying this is because of copyright but I've played lots of games based on anime/cartoons where the characters look exactly the same as the ones in the actual show. It would be great if you could make all the characters look more like the source material.
This, add loli sakura

Reactions: MarkD

KeroDeveloper

Jun 20, 2020
Hi everyone. We wanted to tell you that we've created a twitter account. We're gonna start posting some things there when we have the next update ready with all the improvements. You're invited to follow us there as soon as you'd like.

-https://twitter.com/sexcardcaptor

We also want to show you this other girl featuring the new art style. She is Mei Ling (Sakura's friend). We also changed her clothes a little bit. Just let us know what you think about it :)

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
Hi everyone. We wanted to tell you that we've created a twitter account. We're gonna start posting some things there when we have the next update ready with all the improvements. You're invited to follow us there as soon as you'd like.

-https://twitter.com/sexcardcaptor

We also want to show you this other girl featuring the new art style. She is Mei Ling (Sakura's friend). We also changed her clothes a little bit. Just let us know what you think about it :)
She looks more sassy for sure. Great job.