Others - Abandoned - Sex Machine [v0.052] [UraMomo & TheUnsaid]

1. 5.00 star(s)

iamslime

I'll be blunt and say my opinion of Sex Machine is very biased. It's definitely one of my favorite h-games on this site and of the last couple years, even outside of F95. That said, I'll try to be unbiased in my review. The latest version is 0.052 at the time of writing.

First of all, Unsaid and Sex Machine have totally changed my perspective of the reverse rape genre. In most games in the reverse rape genre, it's "Rape or be raped." In Sex Machine, it's "You're being raped. Good luck." I found this refreshing and that it sets Sex Machine apart from most other h-games in its genre.

The learning curve for battles is tough. It will take most people many attempts to master, let alone survive more than a couple of battles at a time before needing heal Igrec. I found that literally writing down patterns made the game way easier to learn, because my memory is shit. Additionally, if you are okay with a little grinding, (either by letting Ordina suck you off for a few minutes or by winning a few battles) buying items helps significantly. Despite playing this game since its inception, I am still unable to win some fights without the use of items. Note that the longer you're in the shop, the longer it takes for Ordina to make Igrec ejaculate. Simply exiting the shop and entering again should reset this.

Uramomo's skill is constantly improving, and I eagerly look forward to seeing future animations for this game and in general from him.

The sfx are simple, but I think they work for this game. I would like to hear more sounds aside from just two or three wet slapping noises, such as the sound skin makes when hitting cloth the sound of Igrec and/or the Machines' footsteps, or Igrec being knocked to the ground when a battle starts. I can understand if some aspects of sound design are not worth the trouble for a short/small game like this, though.

I appreciate the control settings, so I can play one-handed. :WeSmart:I do think that you should be able to change each control individually rather than all at once, to save people from the hassle of messing up while changing controls and needing to do it all over again or alt+f4 their game to prevent the game from saving the wrongly entered controls.

I find the semi-sadistic dialogue from the Machines enticing, and I'm interested in what lore does exist in the Library, though I won't judge anyone for completely missing it, as there aren't any directions or hints to lead the player to it. This may just be due to the fact that this is a very early form of the game.

I'm still trying to keep my expectations low, but in general, I'm quite exctited for this game and future games from Unsaid (and hopefully Uramomo too.)

One thing I personally wish was different is the enemies' overworld AI. Enemies change the direction they're facing so frequently and chase you for so long when they see you that it's almost impossible to touch them from behind. If this is just an intentional design, so be it. I personally don't think battles are so easy that the player shouldn't be able to take advantage of this feature on nearly every battle, though. Maybe this will be easier when new maps are added and enemy placement is different.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

castledragon90

Never seen anyone make a keybind change screen force you to change all your keybinds one after another since like, 2000. Don't fuck up there or you're deleting files just to get your ability back to play the game.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Das Ras

The game itself is really hard and I honestly have no idea how the devs believe anyone can "win" on their first playthrough without knowing the habits beforehand and using the healbot constantly

Animations are really good looking though and this has a promising future if it continues development

hard to play with one hand tho :c
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Restipa

Bloody hell this game is a slough
    Right, so as of v0.05 you've got 4 enemies, 3 normies and one Boss.
    The good:
    Animations are clean

Flavour text is kinda cool I guess

The difficulty makes sense seeing how this is a female dom game and it would really be one if you could steamroll fools left and right.

The bad:
    The Animations gets really old really fast.

While the difficulty makes sense for the game it does not make for a fun or enjoyable experience, having to do a guessing game and planning out strategies may be fun in a normal game but holy hell is it frustrating to get screwed over by randomness multiple times.

As it stands this game looks good but gets old fast and gets frustrating even faster. What kills it for me is the RNG, I can handle finding a pattern and applying it to the task but having a 1/4 chance of getting screwed, that is not challenge that is bullshit.

I'd rate it higher but I am not optomistic of this game's future from all I've seen.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Naotix

What an absolute gem. I was shocked at the dot animation style because it looked just like the JP style I'm use to. After reading the dev notes it became clear why this was! What a cool little bit of lore on how this game began.

Anyway, I'm a sucker for pixel/dot animations, doubly so for reverse rape so it goes without saying that these are top tier.

As for the story, it's compelling enough to keep my interest. The maps are pretty well made and I didn't have any trouble navigating. I really like that we're getting something like this in the west. It's always such a struggle to translate things to progress in more narrative driven games over in the JP market. Thank you.

EDIT: I should also mention for the dev that I was somewhat confused with the arrow systems. I read through the thread a bit and then it became a bit more clear.