4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

doodle27

Feb 16, 2020
Sexbot Recalibrated - Teaser #3 and Development Update

Hey Everyone,
Here is what's happening! First off, wishlists for Sexbot (phase 1) are doing great on Steam! The release is in one week, and I'm very excited for it. This will be one thing off my to do list, which will be great.

Since the tech demo I have taken considerable time to address some lighting issues. With new sets and environments, there is always a learning curve. I have decided to put the time in to correct the issues I was having, and ensure the product is the highest quality I can produce. The primary concern was the lighting being too "flat". So I have rerendered the images in question. Here is an example, with teaser #2:
Original:

New:

As far as content goes, my goal is to have scenes for the poll winners Ashley, Bailey and Steph. These scenes have actually required two scenes to fit contextually in the game, but I have 2/3 completed and looking great. I am also including two more scenes for core cast members Emily and Sam (with Alexa already having one finished).

There are some supporters who have been here since Sexbot 0.4 or earlier, and they have seen the growing pains that take place with a game of this scope. For anyone who is new to the franchise, you're just going to have to trust the vision, and results of the first game, that I will make it work. Scenes will move, change context, change dialogue, everything is in flux until I finish the game. If you have concerns, please voice them, I read it all. But know, that I have an extensive plan for almost everything in the game.

I'm very excited about the new game, the development has been fun and exciting, and I think that will show when you play it. I truly appreciate all the support you have given me, and I will continue to produce the content you expect of me.

Now, as promised, Sexbot Recalibrated - Teaser #3!

Oct 18, 2020
Or y'know, just play the first one... This starts where that one ends after all.

:FacePalm:
By that logic, every sequel to The Matrix was in fact a reboot...
REloaded
REvolutions
Resurrections

Hell, REturn of The Jedi was obviously a reboot of Star Wars and not a sequel, just like REvenge of The Sith.:rolleyes:

Of course, when I said logic, I meant REtardedly ridiculous line of thinking.:LOL:
I appreciate the tone and banter ;) yet, knowing the difference between pre-fixes and just randoms words that begin with re- dismantles the majority of your examples provided here :LOL:

I'm generally wary "soft reboot-sequels". But Llamaman has shown to be a consistent/responsible dev. so far.
So I'm also willing to give him a chance (~3-4 updates) to prove himself with this new project.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
knowing the difference between pre-fixes and just randoms words that begin with re- dismantles the majority of your examples provided here
Well you're not talking about yourself here, otherwise you wouldn't have written that dumb-as-fuck post in the first place.

The incredibly obvious reference of "recalibrated" is the many, many, many calibrations that Alexa underwent in the last one, along with now having a specific Lexxx that's (funnily enough) in need of recalibration and the introduction of a third, new sexbot.
This is the new timeline that the previous one ended with.

"soft reboot-sequels".
This isn't a reboot sequel, soft or otherwise.
Unless of course you count time-travel events changing the present, at which point the entire Back To The Future trilogy is a series of soft reboots, along with the Terminator franchise starting midway through a reboot, and pretty much every time-travel story that involves changing the past/present/future... Which is the majority of them and a central theme to most of them, so it makes them an exception instead of an example. Like this one.

But Llamaman has shown to be a consistent/responsible dev. so far.
So I'm also willing to give him a chance (~3-4 updates) to prove himself with this new project.
:rolleyes:
How gracious of you, deigning to to give a devloper a chance to impress you...

Oct 18, 2020
Well you're not talking about yourself here, otherwise you wouldn't have written that dumb-as-fuck post in the first place.

The incredibly obvious reference of "recalibrated" is the many, many, many calibrations that Alexa underwent in the last one, along with now having a specific Lexxx that's (funnily enough) in need of recalibration and the introduction of a third, new sexbot.
This is the new timeline that the previous one ended with.

This isn't a reboot sequel, soft or otherwise.
Unless of course you count time-travel events changing the present, at which point the entire Back To The Future trilogy is a series of soft reboots, along with the Terminator franchise starting midway through a reboot, and pretty much every time-travel story that involves changing the past/present/future... Which is the majority of them and a central theme to most of them, so it makes them an exception instead of an example. Like this one.

:rolleyes:
How gracious of you, deigning to to give a devloper a chance to impress you...
Thx for showing your true colors :poop: and being offensive/derisive. I now realize that you're a snowflake that gets easily triggered when your arguments get exposed as weak and then aggressively counter-attacks to compensate. You probably even like the smell of your own farts. Whatever floats your boat.

Last edited:

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Thx for showing your true colors :poop: and being offensive/derisive. I now realize that you're a snowflake that gets easily triggered when your arguments get exposed as weak and then aggressively counter-attacks to compensate.
1 - You wouldn't know a snowflake from snowballing.

2 - You haven't countered or "exposed" anything anyone has said, whilst you've only shown that your selective understanding of the context of using the "re" prefix to a word is purely for your own argument whilst ignoring the word it's being used with and the context of how it applies as a subtitle to this game.

3 - You're ascribing specific tonal intent to my words when there is none beyond obvious and visually expressed sarcasm at the end, in an attempt to paint yourself the victim. That never works.

You probably even like the smell of your own farts. Whatever floats your boat.
Woo!
We've hit hypocrisy paydirt here boys & gals! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Jericho85

HollowVoice

May 26, 2017
I said it on discord, and I'll say it here. The new lighting and renders look much much better. If you aren't a supporter and you were worried about the render quality, you'll be extremely happy with what's he's done to address the concerns.

MVP Dev, for sure.
I wasn't worried, and glad to see I was justified!

Another thing I'm happy to see is that Llama refers to scenes moving and dialogue changing - one thing I was hoping to see improved was the intro of the Hot Squad in Recal. Something about it just screamed "this is exposition!!" as opposed to the first one, where we get them one at a time, each intro has time to breathe, and it was funnier. I was hoping this was just thrown in to get the demo going, and now it looks like I might actually see it punched up.

Llamamann

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
I wasn't worried, and glad to see I was justified!

Another thing I'm happy to see is that Llama refers to scenes moving and dialogue changing - one thing I was hoping to see improved was the intro of the Hot Squad in Recal. Something about it just screamed "this is exposition!!" as opposed to the first one, where we get them one at a time, each intro has time to breathe, and it was funnier. I was hoping this was just thrown in to get the demo going, and now it looks like I might actually see it punched up.
So last game, there was an issue that came up. Where if you met bailey, took her to prom, then ashley was taken- there was a chance you had never met or seen ashley before. making the taken scene a lot less meaningful. This was true for all side characters. So i made a fix that forced you to meet ashley (or next character) before getting to a movie with bailey. This worked fine but is not ideal in my mind.

This game, I wanted to get every character named and established. And do it quickly, because most players will have played the first game, while also giving at least a quick line for each one if you havent played the first. The intro seen in the tech demo will stay, but its more of a "group intro" and not the character specific intro. You get that after class in the hall depending on who you talk to.

If you guys had waited for the actual release and not the tech demo, this wouldnt have been a worry. Along with most of the other issues people have taken with this leaked version. That being said, I have read all the feedback, (dickish and constructive) and I think everything is being addressed. So fear not!

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes