VN - Ren'Py - Completed - SEXPOOL [v1.0.0] [KexBoy]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Secretfire

You can fairly easily get stuck in a loop, there's lots of typos and the game is very low resolution. Also, there's a LOT of rape, you'd assume that'd just be the intro, but no, it's clearly this guy's "thing"
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Banger_George

Actually an Excellent game.
    the choices really means matter and a lot of multiple endings.
    bad thing here that it's too easy to skip big line of the plot, so many "Save" needed while playing. Very good quality of humour also. Great jobe done! Congratulations to creators!
  3. 1.00 star(s)

abao

Impossible to play without a walkthrough because the branches are way too numerous and what kills you are entirely dumb. There's no logic to what to choose, and many long branching deadends are abound.

Sadly there are no walkthroughs, so you'll just get hard stuck somewhere and eventually give up after trying all the options and failing because there's no indication how far and how many different choices you ahve to backtrack.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

wstlndwarrior

I definitely feel that this story is fairly underrated. I don't imagine its easy trying to replicate Ryan Reynold's humor. Considering it costs nothing to download and it has pretty much every tag you could want. I definitely recommend it. Plus, its [Completed]!

PS: when I say every tag...I mean he needs to update those. The game has a lot more than what he has listed.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

MezzaPez

It was an okay game. There isn't actually a lot of nudity in the game and when there is its really subtle and a lack of actual sex. I would say that this is more of a game that wanted to be funny (obviously it is some form of spin off of dead pool) except it wasn't really that funny. It wasn't a bad game though for sure but this one I would say is one of those games you really need the taste for or your just not gonna like it.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

MinkoSvk

quick, funny, nice art, maybe new story required, female protagonist, nice decisions, like action movie, i dont know what more to write, but need 200 letters, so , gj author and good luck with other projects
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 487

I love this game, from the art to the plot and the protagonist. I love this game. I only wish it were more of a game rather than a visual novel. I honestly think this game would be so much better with gameplay mechanics like some of the other top renpy games. However I underststand that this was the first game for this developer and a good one at that. So im hoping theres more to come from this dev, and hopefully more of Vicky, perhaps with bruce.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

SINtax EroRR

As usual, let's talk about the visuals first, before anything else. Art is generally ok, although somewhat inconsistent in terms of quality. Honestly though, it's too few and far in between to be satisfactory. On to of that, most if not all scenes are vanilla, which makes it boring.

The story is... ok I guess. The 4th wall breaks are annoying, and unlike the actual Deadpool, isn't funny or entertaining. The music is horrendous, an earworm that I despise with my existence.

Overall, a poor game held up with some more or less decent artwork and flimsy premise with non-memorable characters. Something I will likely download, play, jerk off once, and permanently delete. I would give this 2 1/2 stars, but that option doesn't exist and 3 sounds too generous.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

OberoniiChan

Poorly coded with constant crashes on android and writing a chore to sit through with choices that barely matter and the same fourth wall breaking "jokes" used over an over. Also "the stoned blacks"? Jesus fucking christ dude.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 609064

This review is based on the last version before 1.0.0 which I am about to play through.

Art 5/5
    Plot 5/5
    Pacing 4/5
    Humor 5/5
    Sexiness 5/5

I have really enjoyed this. It's fun, it's irreverent, the art is great. Love female MC badasses surrounded by "bad ends".

A lot of these negative reviews I see seem to be from folks with little patience or ability to save scum decisions.

Hint, always save when a Renpy game asks you to make a choice. :)
  11. 1.00 star(s)

Effay

Horrible pacing ("choices "all the time most of them not leading anywhere new and/or leading just to a death/game over screen) , story both awful and unintersting, some would argue that the art is good but due to the other problems making it mostly unintresting pictures even tho some are fine it wont even make a decent gallery due to most of them being random story pics without nudity. this is reviewed at completed status
  12. 1.00 star(s)

Yarokold

SEXPOOL have quality and quantity of 2d art,but have lack of kinky hot scenes. i have feeling game have just one choice. Make lesbian scene interracial or not. This game have weak plot, so for better you can skip entirely.
    Sorry for terrible english
  13. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2067270

SEXPOOL suffers from the same flaws as KexBoy's other games: namely from the lack of a good plot. His 2D art is still unsurpassed and for that reason I'm giving this three stars out of ten. Keep your expectations low and you'll have a good time.
  14. 1.00 star(s)

Shadowndev99

the art was good but the story wasnt good and the game its for so long now and I start playing and its was very short and every choice end to be continue WTF ....
    is this a joke in so way .... the dev should really start working on this game not milking people for the name of the game
  15. 1.00 star(s)

CassieBare

This game had a lot of promise, but after this many releases a few things are clear:

While the art is pretty decent, it feels lackluster to get a single image for most of a scene. I'm also not a fan of this overblown bimbo look.

You are given choices practically at every single image, as if your binary choice had some impact on the story. If it does, it's because you die and you need to roll back. That's not a choice, nor is having them so often interesting or worthwhile, especially due to their non-importance.

Sex happens, but by and large they feel uninspired and wooden. And for a game called Sexpool, they happen far too infrequently.

Recommendations to make the game good:
    If you have a choice, have the story branch. Otherwise, ditch the choice and just tell a story. Game overs are fine, but that shouldn't be the 'branch option' in a choice.
    More sex. Live up to the name.

Current verdict: Hard pass.
  16. 2.00 star(s)

RumbleBR

If have any word I can use for describe this game is weak, yes, the arts are very poor, the story is something boring and is a cop game, the game try be funny but no, BUT if you want a american game of a super cop woman who fight the evil, go ahead, you can choose her life and end, but is a game I can say you will find better ones than that one... But! The game is full of dirty kinkys like rape, if you like go ahead.

Follow me for see more reviews!
  17. 1.00 star(s)

defrancofan67

Don't waste your time every choice but the one they want you to pick is wrong so you're forced down an extremely linear story with the illusion of choice with everything else leading to a game over screen.
    Updates are tinyyyyy tiny tiny so you wait months for barely any content so the final game is likely only gonna be about an hour and a half to 2 hours.
    The asking price of a dollar on itch is about right for the lack of content but if they ever raise the price avoid like the plaque.
    The art is the best part so I'd love if the creator would work on someone else's game as their writing is fairly shit the story was interesting for about 2 seconds while she was a cop and got into the program but immediately loses steam once it get's to the strip club and just keeps getting worse with the worst part easily being the fucking picky nerd with the cosplay and the fourth wall breaks get especially tiresome with the *wink* don't forget to go check out the other useless choices you missed by going this route.
    Last negative and this is really just a personal thing but not being able to have it on Steam with the rest of my H games is lame cause I've just never used ItchIO so ultimately went for the free version cause I didn't wanna bother buying it on a store page I've never used but I'm assuming the lack of a Steam page is likely do to the excessive rape/ violence and copywritten material so oh wells.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

Joe Steel

I'm going to go against the consensus and argue in favor of a flippant creator who isn't afraid to break the fourth wall on a constant basis. Ignoring convention is an old, old tradition in satire. If you've ever read Bored of the Rings you will recall that prophecies in that satire never talked about something happening in some indefinite future, but that "you will bite the dust on page 143." I like creators that are willing to do that kind of thing. Not every creator, true, but definitely this one.

So, there's sexy bits and non-credible bits and unexpected game-overs and it all could come crashing down if over-done but works for now at least for me.

Breaks those rules, Kexboy.

I would like to see more sexy game-overs rather than the current rather bland "I died, try again" that is common. Remember the bad end where Sexpool gets sold into slavery if she tries to sneak up on the bad guys in maybe episode 2? Do something like that every time. Gameovers work for the dev if they are interesting.
  19. 2.00 star(s)

driepinter

Nice drawings, nice music, but the game creator thinks it's funny to let the protagonist talk directly to you the player....all the time (so boring).
    In my opinion a book, movie or game should pick you up, and lure you into the story, this will never happen with a protagonist joking about about the fact that she is in a computer game.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Duncanidaho

SEXPOOL is a good example how to adapt something a parodic way so keep the oroginal atmosphere but add your own to the game too. Artwork is quite nice. Writing and humour is the most powerful part of the game but it can be sexy too.