3.90 star(s) 19 Votes

Mad_Koala

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2020
mega here then google drive from your Patreon
i´ve got the same warning
Also got the Trojan warning.
Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml

False Positive. Here is the VirusTotal. I think i have found the problem. if i use a custom icon for executable, defender detects it as a trojan, no idea why. I have updated the files on itch.io and google drive.

Here is the Virustotal after removing the custom icon, defender no longer detects it.

regarding the zsync.exe, pythonw.exe, zsyncmake.exe false positive, there is nothing i can do, many other games has the same detection as you can see from the screenshot below, you can submit samples yourself and confirm it.

1696849668144.png 1696849710858.png

Reactions: AnyName'llDo

vazkombarov

Nov 30, 2017
So I kind of have this small fetish on stories where female protagonist goes undercover, e.g. detective going into brothels or whatever. I probably read all similar stories on literotica :D
Afterwards, I decided to try AI, and I swear this game has some similar descriptive wording, e.g. "embark on her journey into the shadows of the power" or "holding the keys to her new mission and the weight of her city's future on her shoulder". A lot of exaggerations.
I'm not saying that script is 100% produced by AI, but I do wonder if dev used it for some descriptive stuff lol (which is not a bad thing ofc if done properly)

Kagarus

Sep 28, 2017

False Positive. Here is the VirusTotal. I think i have found the problem. if i use a custom icon for executable, defender detects it as a trojan, no idea why. I have updated the files on itch.io and google drive.
Cause it's some pattern analysis which can get stuff hilariously wrong - we had an archive here before that was a hotfix whose only content was a single javascript file which updated a single array (in-game journal entries) which still triggered a false positive.

Generally, if you want to be a bit more secure, rather than relying on a scanner, set up a VM (Ubuntu or Linux Mint in Virtualbox for example for starters) and run the games in there, or use something like Sandboxie - an attacker could still break out of it, but that's quite a bit harder.

Tanzie

Mar 10, 2019
Here's a safer way to play Ren'Py games if you don't want to risk running suspicious executables:

1. Download the game from F95 links but do not execute or extract it.
  2. Just look inside the archive for game\script_version.txt using WinRar of 7zip and view it to take a note of the Ren'Py version number it was made with (e.g. 8.0.3).
  3. Go to and download the SDK executable of the version (e.g. 8.0.3) above and then delete the .exe extension and leave it as .7z and open it using Winrar or 7zip as an archive.
  4. Create a new folder e.g. C:\Game and then inside it, create another folder as lib.
  5. Extract renpy.exe and renpy.py from the SDK archive into the Game folder.
  6. Extract the necessary library folders from the SDK archive that matches your platform (usually something like lib\python3.9 and lib\py3-windows-x86_64 should be enough for 64-Bit Windows) into Game\lib\ folder.
  7. Once you've done with the SDK archive you should have the following files and directories:
    Game\renpy.exe
    Game\renpy.py
    Game\lib\py3-windows-x86_64\(bunch of DLLs and EXEs)
    Game\lib\python3.9\(.pyc files)

For Windows you only need these library files, you may safely delete the rest:

f95.jpg

*** Keep in mind that you can still go to VirusTotal etc. and scan the official SDK files you've extracted above for malware, the .exe and .dll files if you want extra security, but you'll only need to it once if you keep those files for future use (see below). ***

8. Now, from the game archive you downloaded from F95 only extract the game and renpy folders into the Game\ folder. There should be no .EXE, .DLL, .BAT files inside them or any other executable files. You now should have a complete playable Ren'Py game inside C:\Game.
  9. Run renpy.exe to play the game.
  10. You may later delete Game\game and Game\renpy folders once you've finished the game and use the remaining files to play another game made with the same Ren'Py version (or potentially an earlier version).
Also, if you don't want every new Ren'Py game to create new folders and save files inside your AppData folder do the following:
  1. Open the renpy.py above using a decent text editor such as Notepad++ etc.
  2. Search for AppData and comment out the lines as below and add the new line:

Python:
    elif renpy.windows:
    # if 'APPDATA' in os.environ:
    # return os.environ['APPDATA'] + "/RenPy/" + save_directory
    # else:
    # rv = "~/RenPy/" + renpy.config.save_directory
    # return os.path.expanduser(rv)
    return "game/saves"
    Save the file and then run the game. Delete the previous Ren'Py saves from your AppData folder. You'll now find your save files in the local game\saves folder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kagarus

Kagarus

Sep 28, 2017
Here's a safer way to play Ren'Py games if you don't want to risk running suspicious executables:

1. Download the game from F95 links but do not execute or extract it.
  2. Just look inside the archive for game\script_version.txt using WinRar of 7zip and view it to take a note of the Ren'Py version number it was made with (e.g. 8.0.3).
  3. Go to and download the SDK executable of the version (e.g. 8.0.3) above and then delete the .exe extension and leave it as .7z and open it using Winrar or 7zip as an archive.
  4. Create a new folder e.g. C:\Game and then inside it, create another folder as lib.
  5. Extract renpy.exe and renpy.py from the SDK archive into the Game folder.
  6. Extract the necessary library folders from the SDK archive that matches your platform (usually something like lib\python3.9 and lib\py3-windows-x86_64 should be enough for 64-Bit Windows) into Game\lib\ folder.
  7. Once you've done with the SDK archive you should have the following files and directories:
    Game\renpy.exe
    Game\renpy.py
    Game\lib\py3-windows-x86_64\(bunch of DLLs and EXEs)
    Game\lib\python3.9\(.pyc files)
  8. Now, from the game archive you downloaded from F95 only extract the game and renpy folders into the Game\ folder. There should be no .EXE, .DLL, .BAT files inside them or any file other than .TXT, .PY, .RPY, .RPYC. You now should have a complete playable Ren'Pygame inside C:\Game.
  9. Run renpy.exe to play the game.
  10. You may later delete Game\game and Game\renpy folders once you've finished the game and use the remaining files to play another game made with the same Ren'Py version (or potentially an earlier version).
Great writeup!
One minor correction: The game/ folder will also various image, audio and video files (if the game contains any), and many games will have the files inside an .rpa archive (which can be unpacked and then deleted by unren or the rpa tool).

Also, in most cases, the renpy folder should also be reusable from the SDK, unless the developer made their own changes to the engine (happens, but comparatively rare)

Reactions: Tanzie

Jorjor69

May 8, 2020
Very nice! Another game to avidly watch out for, for sure!

Thanks, hope this Proj will see the success it merits (meaning far more than the ones by the Damned knight lol). More power to the author.

Tanzie

Mar 10, 2019
Place the file below into the game folder if you want to remove Patreon, Discord etc. URLs from the screen. The buttons will still be there but the links won't work, in other words the game won't open your browser if you misclick on them, which I personally find very annoying.

View attachment screens.7z

Scyths

Mar 18, 2019
Renders on the first page look great but I'm still waiting for more pages of comments to see if I should try it out now or in a few updates as I already have a backlog of games.

neronwtf

Nov 12, 2019
Renders on the first page look great but I'm still waiting for more pages of comments to see if I should try it out now or in a few updates as I already have a backlog of games.
It depends on what you're looking for in this game. A quick fap? Not the good game. A story that it's setting the pace to become somehow a "corruption" story, maybe. Be aware, some part of the game have long pieces of text.

Tanzie

Mar 10, 2019
The only sex scene with the MC leads to an error, complaining about undefined day 3 or something.

If you're willing to wait at least a couple of years so that all the future tags are implemented then perhaps the game will be worth giving a try, currently however there really isn't much in it to get excited about.

Jorjor69

May 8, 2020
Very promising game indeed, the renders are top notch, the characters believable, the story idea is intriguing, albeit the dialogues and narration can be cringey and cheesy af in spots. Ofc, one has to consider this is a new game, so we could cut it some slack.

Hope it can be improved. This is something worth following and patronizing.

Last edited:
Reactions: DIRTY Filthy RAT
3.90 star(s) 19 Votes