WingedKing

May 17, 2019
Remake and rework on ALL characters.
Hi can someone please help me i have few question, i played only the Red Room spin off, if this update came after RR how much the design for camilla changed? And since i will play mostly for camilla does she have more scene than the other girl? Lastly i saw a post here saying that a patreon only scene was not canon are they all like that or only some?

TitmusPrime

Apr 28, 2017
Wait, so he isn't switching to renpy with this new update? but the changelog says *Introducing Ari Engine changed to Ren'py Images resolution*
I hope so but probably not. It's good enough that it'll have minimal downtime since he's working with the guy that was making the ren'py ports.

Semetrika

Jan 24, 2023
Doshima on discord confirm this update is in ren'py. Shaman write about items and money system how work in ren'py so i guess it's on ren'py. Thank god atleast in will be less painful. I hope...

Reactions: Reginleif

pussyreaperxxx

Oct 18, 2018
Doshima on discord confirm this update is in ren'py. Shaman write about items and money system how work in ren'py so i guess it's on ren'py. Thank god atleast in will be less painful. I hope...
I think there is nothing wrong with RPGM if this was a completely free roam sandbox RPG, but instead it is a Linear Visual Novel (and RPGM can make VNs, dev just chose RPG gameplay) (and linear as in, once you choose a path you can't change afaik).

The idea of the game was just not compatible with the gameplay, which made it feel slower than it should be. Way too many pauses, useless repetitive walking segments, slow transitions, slow minigames, likelihood of random bugs.

I haven't played the unofficial port so when the update comes out it will be my first time trying out the engine change.

Last edited:

Semetrika

Jan 24, 2023
I never write RPGMaker is bad. But for this type game was useless and annoying. RPGM is not good for visual novel compared to ren'py, but if you have MZ instead MV, then yes because there is plugin what add ren'py functions.

Reactions: Tommypattpatt

ahoboman

Jun 14, 2018
I never write RPGMaker is bad. But for this type game was useless and annoying. RPGM is not good for visual novel compared to ren'py, but if you have MZ instead MV, then yes because there is plugin what add ren'py functions.
RPGM is fine if Shamantr just takes his time and implement the in game system. Like make money and items really mean something to the story. But Shamantr is to focus on separate route and not the in game. Also won't streamline everything to a main plot, the entire game becomes messy and in game gets forgotten. That why everyone lean in on REN PY. The in game mechanics doesn't hold any impact, why add it. The three route is too drastically different. No connection. Money, item and choices has no connection. No main goal. Kills the entire in game mechanics.

4.00 star(s) 62 Votes