2.90 star(s) 9 Votes

Ukulelele

Uploader
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2022
It's scary for those who don't know how things work. 99% of devs that use Ren'Py are not coders, most of them don't even know python.

"why is everyone freaking out when I walk into a bank with a gun in my hand - it's not even loaded and I'm just carrying it from A to B...!"; at worst, it's shady as fuck.
Well, it doesn't make sense. The game source code is open so anyone can check what the game requests for. At this point you better be scared of UE games since their source code is closed.

This particular game requests for this link:
"encrypted connection to pastebin" is just "https" instead of "http" in the link.

Here are other games that use Pastebin: SlutCraft, Innocent Witches, Our Bright Days.

Erebus69

Mar 28, 2019
It's scary for those who don't know how things work. 99% of devs that use Ren'Py are not coders, most of them don't even know python.

Well, it doesn't make sense. The game source code is open so anyone can check what the game requests for. At this point you better be scared of UE games since their source code is closed.

This particular game requests for this link:
"encrypted connection to pastebin" is just "https" instead of "http" in the link.

Here are other games that use Pastebin: SlutCraft, Innocent Witches, Our Bright Days.
Are they using this for nefarious reasons or just lazy updates

Svoben

Sep 19, 2017
Soo since we all know the hbo series is utter dogshit, how's the game here?
So, you see the two responses you got that are like "well it has potential, what's there is good there just ain't much there yet"?

Yeah, that's the problem with this game: it's two years old and there's still not even enough actual game here for people to give you a straight answer on whether or not it's actually a good game. Best case scenario, this will be a really great game for you to enjoy in about the year 2080. More likely scenario, what patrons it has lose interest/lose patience with the snail's pace of development and leave, and then it gets abandoned.

Which is a shame, IMO, because the dev's actually got a fun idea for a story here and the art's not bad. But development is so bogged down in coding a sandbox game when A.) it means the game we have is both grindy and buggy as fuck and B.) coding is clearly not something the dev is actually good, or fast, at. So we'll never get to see much of that story actually explored.

tl;dr - the dev ought to just reboot this as a comic strip

Sep 19, 2020
If this is true then 99.99% of those who play this game know nothing about coding in Python, let alone locate a piece of code and ensure that it is safe, yet your next sentence is....

Well, it doesn't make sense. The game source code is open so anyone can check what the game requests for.
Your 99.99% WRONG.

ANYONE can not check what the game requests, since 99.99% of Anyone couldn't debug a line of "Hello World" if their lives depended on it.

Furthermore, your "solution" would require the 0.01% of users who can code to recheck the program after EVERY update in case that section was swapped out with meliciouse code or link.

At this point you better be scared of UE games since their source code is closed.
I'm sure if their Anti Virus gave that alert to a Unity game that they would be "scared" and take the same action. So unless the user said they would trust a Unity games that triggered the same AV warning then your statement is irrelevant.

I am a programmer, and can code in Basic, Forth, Java, Pascal, Delphi, AHK and a smattering of assembly in a pinch. If my AV alerted me to a Renpy game making such a connection I too would delete the game since I have much better ways to relax then to try and read the code of a novice programmer.

Your advice is unrealistic and dangerous and I would advise any user who is not a professional programmer to delete any game that there AV warned was trying to make an unauthorized connection to a site that Developer does not own. And under no circumstances should they try to "Check the code."

Last edited:

Ukulelele

Uploader
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2022
If this is true then 99.99% of those who play this game know nothing about coding in Python, let alone locate a piece of code and ensure that it is safe, yet your next sentence is....

Your 99.99% WRONG.

ANYONE can not check what the game requests, since 99.99% of Anyone couldn't debug a line of "Hello World" if their lives depended on it.

Furthermore, your "solution" would require the 0.01% of users who can code to recheck the program after EVERY update in case that section was swapped out with meliciouse code or link.

I'm sure if their Anti Virus gave that alert to a Unity game that they would be "scared" and take the same action. So unless the user said they would trust a Unity games that triggered the same AV warning then your statement is irrelevant.

I am a programmer, and can code in Basic, Forth, Java, Pascal, Delphi, AHK and a smattering of assembly in a pinch. If my AV alerted me to a Renpy game making such a connection I too would delete the game since I have much better ways to relax then to try and read the code of a novice programmer.

Your advice is unrealistic and dangerous and I would advise any user who is not a professional programmer to delete any game that there AV warned was trying to make an unauthorized connection to a site that Developer does not own. And under no circumstances should they try to "Check the code."
Please, read this:

Loading someone's save file can be much more dangerous than requesting for (not sending) json data since Ren'Py uses pickle to save and load data.

This game is safe.

Reactions: Bubilonka

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
ShaggysPower-0.0.7.8
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.

We're doing a funding run! !​

aifman7

Oct 25, 2017
I've been sleeping on this one for a while now, tried it in an early state because the art style and premise pulled me in. It's been a minute and looks like the game has had a few rather sizable updates, if the changelog is any indication. Maybe time to dive back in and see what's new.

Thanks for keeping this project going, NomoreFin -- looking forward to seeing where you take this in the future too

Reactions: Magnumhawaii

Phobos69

Mar 20, 2019
When loading Mac version get a 'shaggy' head in top right corner and this msg:
"Could not create 'GUI/WEB' folder" Have opened file and created by hand. However, now have problem with 'magic store' not being defined....too many errors in this version (7.8)

2.90 star(s) 9 Votes